Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nexus 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

god's toy wrote: »
    Plus the screen has to be on to use it

Really? It makes no sense then :pac:

I assume the screen still lights up when an alarm goes off? So in the morning when it wakes you up can you shout "Ok Google, STFU"? :D

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

emo72 wrote: »
    Parcel motel are trolling us.

Next you hear about it will be when you get the text/mail to say it's waiting to be collected, which if you are in Dublin will be about 10pm tonight I'd guesstimate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

5starpool wrote: »
    Next you hear about it will be when you get the text/mail to say it's waiting to be collected, which if you are in Dublin will be about 10pm tonight I'd guesstimate.

You will be able see picture of it on PM website before they go out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Looks like our phones are traveling together!

We all seem to be bundled together. Hopefully mine will be at PM tonight :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭rovoagho

i just googlemaped the parcel force warehouse to parcel motel. Its a 15 min drive. Whats taking so long

Logistics doesn't work like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Nexarz

Delivered 11.56am also.. prolly gonna take the lads all day to sort out the hundreds of the same box haha!

On a side note.. anyone investing in a QI pad?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2507211

An easy to use tool for rooting your Nexus 5 when it arrives!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Nexarz wrote: »
    Delivered 11.56am also.. prolly gonna take the lads all day to sort out the hundreds of the same box haha!

Is that not just added expense for not much benefit? I mean, I already have a charger at work, a charger by the bed and a charger in my bag for travelling.

What's the loss in efficiency from using wireless charging?

On another note, the phone just arrived at the office for me now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭gzoladz

How many are we in this thread?

Really getting anxious now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

I must say I'm very pleased with Google, it was 26 hours between ordering and delivering. I think I waited 2-3 weeks for the Nexus 4 for the girlfriend last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Crimsonforce

mines at PM at the moment. Be ready for collection at 10PM tonight!

silly questions, what does actually rooting do?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 dadidum

Nexarz wrote: »

Can you buy one? I didn't see anything in the play store?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 LimMurf

I was just talking to the manager of Parcel Motel. So S. Hawthorne is the guy up in PM Belfast who signs everything off. But anyway, she said that the packages have to be checked and can stay there for up to 8 hours. She said they should be at parcel motels before 7am.. Sad, I know.. But they do have to process thousands of packages a day. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭wba88

I've had mine since Saturday night, switched from a Nexus 4. Feel free to AMA (ask me anything)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 dom910

I'm getting to feeling that I must be waiting the longest with a pending order

Ordered a black 32gb N5 on the 31th October at 6.45pm
    With a BOI Mastercard using the PM address for both delivery and billing address.

I have got no correspondance yet from google.

Is any waiting longer for correspondance?
    This is getting annoying!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Gokei

wba88 wrote: »
    Feel free to AMA (ask me anything)

Question! Why not just say ask me anything?

mines at PM at the moment. Be ready for collection at 10PM tonight!

silly questions, what does actually rooting do?

Gives you root access to the phone

OK, so they're on a lorry on their way to Dublin. Processed this afternoon/evening and dispatched countrywide overnight. We'll have our phones tomorrow - cool!.

Gokei wrote: »
    Question! Why not just say ask me anything?

My reddit brain took over and then I thought some people might not know what it meant and I was too lazy to delete it

My reddit brain took over and then I thought some people might not know what it meant and I was too lazy to delete it

I would think its strange someone doesnt know what A reddit AMA means!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I've had mine since Saturday night, switched from a Nexus 4. Feel free to AMA (ask me anything)

I read in a review that the notification LED is better than the one on the N4.
    Could you epxand on that if there's anything you've noticed? :)

Also, have you found that many of your regular apps are not 4.4 compatible yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭positron

polaris68 wrote: »
    OK, so they're on a lorry on their way to Dublin. Processed this afternoon/evening and dispatched countrywide overnight. We'll have our phones tomorrow - cool!.

Looks like mine didn't make that lorry. Still nothing on PM even if PF status is the same as yours (11:56). Not to worry though, PM has more than one lorry that runs between Antrim and Dublin every day.

marcbrophy wrote: »
    I read in a review that the notification LED is better than the one on the N4.
    Could you epxand on that if there's anything you've noticed? :)

Also, have you found that many of your regular apps are not 4.4 compatible yet?

The notification LED is definitely brighter maybe even bigger, it is an improvement.

I have a few FCs including one or two on Google Now and one yesterday on Foursquare. Otherwise all good

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Zymurgist

What are the chances of being able to buy this in carphonewarehouse belfast next weekend?

positron wrote: »
    Looks like mine didn't make that lorry. Still nothing on PM even if PF status is the same as yours (11:56). Not to worry though, PM has more than one lorry that runs between Antrim and Dublin every day.

I have no notification from PM yet - I was speculating on the probable course of events from LimMurf post above. Hope it works out that way anyhow!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭positron

polaris68 wrote: »
    I have no notification from PM yet - I was speculating on the probable course of events from LimMurf post above. Hope it works out that way anyhow!

Oh, alright then. Here's some of past PM traces on sending thru newry, they operate like this:
    Thu 5 Sep 15:25 Belfast Package left depot
    Thu 5 Sep 20:23 Parcel Motel Dublin Package loaded on delivery van
    Thu 5 Sep 20:23 Parcel Motel Parcel in transit to motel
    Fri 6 Sep 2:13 Parcel Motel Parcel stored in motel
    Fri 6 Sep 19:07 Parcel Motel Parcel delivered to customer
    Wed 17 Jul 13:54 Belfast Package left depot
    Wed 17 Jul 19:37 Parcel Motel Dublin Package loaded on delivery van
    Wed 17 Jul 19:38 Parcel Motel Parcel in transit to motel
    Thu 18 Jul 1:24 Parcel Motel Dublin Parcel stored in motel
    Thu 18 Jul 20:26 Parcel Motel Parcel delivered to customer

Yeah, tomorrow morning so.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,274 ✭✭✭emo72

Also Google didn't put my PM number on my nexus 4 delivery last time. So they v had to manually search for it by my name and that delayed it for a couple of days. That can happen.

emo72 wrote: »
    Also Google didn't put my PM number on my nexus 4 delivery last time. So they v had to manually search for it by my name and that delayed it for a couple of days. That can happen.

That doesnt make sense as its an automated system. My PM code is first line of address so it has to be there. They wouldnt take out something from address. For all they know it could be office number or anything

• Registered Users Posts: 7 diarmo90

dom910 wrote: »
    I'm getting to feeling that I must be waiting the longest with a pending order

Ordered a black 32gb N5 on the 31th October at 6.45pm
    With a BOI Mastercard using the PM address for both delivery and billing address.

I have got no correspondance yet from google.

Is any waiting longer for correspondance?
    This is getting annoying!!

I'm in the same boat as you. It's very frustrating. I ordered at 7:47PM on Thursday.

On Friday morning, my BOI Mastercard payment was declined so I had to call the bank to unblock security and then resume the order via Google wallet. It's sitting on pending since. I had my billing & shipping address both down as PM but on the advice of another poster today I changed my billing address to my Irish address but kept the PM postcode and country as GB. Hopefully that might help.

I also mailed Google just now asking for an update on the order. Hope something happens soon. I was considering just cancelling the entire order and starting again but don't know what to do. What did you put down for shipping and billing address yourself?

• Advertisement

OK, so PM tracking starts in Belfast, they're still up there so.

Advertisement