Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nexus 5

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 houseystuff

Anyone familiar with the Parcel Motel process.

Have added a credit card to my account.

So when they receive a parcel with my PMID - they check against their system - See i want it delivered to Dublin.
    Then automatically charge my card to delivery charge and send it on?

Whats this I am reading about a picture?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

So when they receive a parcel with my PMID - they check against their system - See i want it delivered to Dublin.

Yes exactly that and when they scan through your parcel it automatically takes a picture of it and shows it on the website. When you see the picture on the website you know the next process is for them to put it on a van and bring it to your PM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭DECEiFER

That's about right. It's a great service, I must have used it nearly 20 times at this stage.

They snap a picture of the package when it comes into their depot and it goes with the tracking info on their website for you to see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

okay, who like me is looking at the settings on parcelmotel and thinking...hey an sms during the night would be perfectly okay...cmon, im not the only sad git here...

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,476 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

wba88 wrote: »
    The notification LED is definitely brighter maybe even bigger, it is an improvement.

I have a few FCs including one or two on Google Now and one yesterday on Foursquare. Otherwise all good

Nice! I found the one on the N4 to be hard to spot at times, as it wasn't very bright :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 feelers

Did any of you order a nexus 5 white 32gb?did ye get them shipped already mine says its leaving the 8th?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,378 ✭✭✭positron

lol, I went into PM settings and changed it from midnight to midnight - which means SMS me anytime. You are in good (or bad) company of desperados.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

positron wrote: »
    lol, I went into PM settings and changed it from midnight to midnight - which means SMS me anytime. You are in good (or bad) company of desperados.
    I did the same, and there's a decent chance if I get a message in the middle of the night that I get up and go collect the phone!! :(:eek:

There might be a few getting out of the car in their boxers and duvets around them.

A muggers dream night tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

feelers wrote: »
    Did any of you order a nexus 5 white 32gb?did ye get them shipped already mine says its leaving the 8th?

Ordered the same Thursday night and it should hit Waterford tonight sometime I hope.

• Advertisement

Ordered the same Thursday night and it should hit Waterford tonight sometime I hope.
    you ordered the 32 white? If so on my google wallet it says preorder for the 8th. Could that change tomorrow and hopefully be shipped?

you ordered the 32 white? If so on my google wallet it says preorder for the 8th. Could that change tomorrow and hopefully be shipped?

No one knows for sure. The way the orders are progressing seems to be random tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Ha! Can just see someone on here asking what time are you all going to collect and where..
    Then read the many posts about muggings and see loads of N5 arrive on eBay from Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Oregano_State

I live in the UK. My housemate ordered one a few hours after the launch. His order said he was due to receive his on the 8th, but it arrived today.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭C-Shore

Zymurgist wrote: »
    What are the chances of being able to buy this in carphonewarehouse belfast next weekend?

I was up there yesterday and they said they were back in tomorrow (Tuesday), so unless they sell out again then they should be in stock this weekend.

No one knows for sure. The way the orders are progressing seems to be random tbh.
    True. But you definitely ordered the white 32?what credit card did u use

Still nothing on PM page. Starting to wonder if Google didn't print the label right etc, potential delays...? :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,745 ✭✭✭micks_address

what do you find better than the n4? most compelling reason to upgrade apart from upgradeitis?

wba88 wrote: »
    I've had mine since Saturday night, switched from a Nexus 4. Feel free to AMA (ask me anything)

True. But you definitely ordered the white 32?what credit card did u use

Yep, 32gb white. Used a UK Gmail account that I set up over there some time back, hide ninja VPN App, Irish credit card, parcel motel as delivery address and billing address. Old UK mobile number. Confirmation email I'm under ten minutes shipping mail the following day.

Anyone hazard a guess how many were actually ordered in the last few days from the UK playstore?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Nexarz

positron wrote: »
    Still nothing on PM page. Starting to wonder if Google didn't print the label right etc, potential delays...? :/

Dont worry man ur not the only one :)

Guys my order keeps getting declined. I tryed my address and pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Mine says pre-order now and the money has been taken off my card. No emails tho. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

I live in the UK. My housemate ordered one a few hours after the launch. His order said he was due to receive his on the 8th, but it arrived today.

Came on to say something similar

I ordered for a buddy at home. Paid Fri night at about 11.30pm and I got an email saying it delivered at 11.49am today. That's mental delivery service :eek:

So has anyone at all had their parcel motel account debited yet? It's my first time using them so I don't know how it works. I presume they deduct the money once it's scanned or is there usually a delay?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

On a tangental note, MX player has been updated to cater for 4.4 which is good as that's my video player of choice. Hopefully other apps that need to make changes can do so quickly as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

So has anyone at all had their parcel motel account debited yet? It's my first time using them so I don't know how it works. I presume they deduct the money once it's scanned or is there usually a delay?

They'll deduct it, and a record will show on your homepage, accompanied by a picture of the package.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,295 ✭✭✭emo72

Never had a delay this long. Usually gets into the system straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭IrishStuff09

Come on lads, for those (like me) who are lurking this thread hourly why not post a pic of your N5 from PM :pac: Make Christmas come early :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭D_BEAR

Advertisement