Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nexus 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭positron

Forger the Verge, here's a proper review.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4OicFhI9xo#t=990

• Registered Users Posts: 32 feelers

My payment is on hold from google? Anybody have this problem and have to ring the bank?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

feelers wrote: »
    My payment is on hold from google? Anybody have this problem and have to ring the bank?

I haven't had my payment deducted yet, but I suspect that this is just Ulster Bank being slow, as the phone has already been delivered to ParcelMotel (according to ParcelForce, hasn't been updated on PM yet)

..hasn't been updated on PM yet.

Yep, same here, and this is unusual for them to have not entered it into the system by this time of the day. I am starting to wonder if PM is inundated with the deliveries and is taking time to sorted them out (if the process them all, the might have issue with lack of space in individual motels perhaps), or else I am guessing PM's IT department has set their db to a static snapshot of this AM, to avoid performance issues from hundreds of kids (!!) pounding away at their site with F5.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Fluffy88

positron wrote: »
    .... or else I am guessing PM's IT department has set their db to a static snapshot of this AM, to avoid performance issues from hundreds of kids (!!) pounding away at their site with F5.

That's the one.
    I've made a few purchases that have come through PM and they only ever came up on their system in the morning between 11 and 2 or something like that.

So I assume they update the website with the parcels for the day in the morning and anything they receive in after say 2 isn't entered until the next morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭wba88

what do you find better than the n4? most compelling reason to upgrade apart from upgradeitis?

Early days but the battery seems to last longer, screen is really nice and bigger and phone still fits in your hand. LTE will be handy (hopefully). WiFi has improved (seems to work further away from router). Camera is useable in low-light.

Parrot car kit isn't syncing with it so will have to update the software to see if that fixes it

• Registered Users Posts: 25 LimMurf

positron wrote: »
    Yep, same here, and this is unusual for them to have not entered it into the system by this time of the day. I am starting to wonder if PM is inundated with the deliveries and is taking time to sorted them out (if the process them all, the might have issue with lack of space in individual motels perhaps), or else I am guessing PM's IT department has set their db to a static snapshot of this AM, to avoid performance issues from hundreds of kids (!!) pounding away at their site with F5.

As I said previously, I was talking to the manager and she said that if the package hasn't been sorted BEFORE 12 in the Belfast depot (the majority of ours seem to have arrived at 11:56) they usually won't get through until the following day. So they will DEFINITELY be in before 7 tomorrow evening

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

In the past, I have had plenty of packages arrive at PM after 12 noon. They are always up on the PM website in the afternoon and delivered at around 9:00 PM the same day.

This time is different. Nothing on the PM website.

There is someone in their Belfast depot who is snowed under with Nexus phones.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Think I'll hold off for now. I'd like to hear more about battery life and see if there are any improvements made with the camera. I'm still fairly happy with my One-X, but I'd jump at this if battery life has been significantly improved.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 A1an006

This might be of comfort to some people:

Put in an order for the black 32GB on Saturday at around 13:00. Had to set up a new UK gmail account and I used the Parcel Motel address for both billing and shipping. Paid with an AIB debit card with just my regular Irish address on it. When I was buying it said "Leaves warehouse in 2-3 weeks". I got absolutely no email from Google to confirm my purchase. Was worried that they wouldn't let me buy cos of the billing address being different to my card, but just got an email to say my order has shipped! :)

Just for the record I didn't need to ring my bank and tell them to authorise it or anything, so to the people who haven't heard anything yet, you should be OK. It says "Delivers in 2-3 weeks" on the email but here's hoping they're being conservative with shipping times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 Hellogood2012

A1an006 wrote: »
    This might be of comfort to some people:

Put in an order for the black 32GB on Saturday at around 13:00. Had to set up a new UK gmail account and I used the Parcel Motel address for both billing and shipping. Paid with an AIB debit card with just my regular Irish address on it. When I was buying it said "Leaves warehouse in 2-3 weeks". I got absolutely no email from Google to confirm my purchase. Was worried that they wouldn't let me buy cos of the billing address being different to my card, but just got an email to say my order has shipped! :)

Just for the record I didn't need to ring my bank and tell them to authorise it or anything, so to the people who haven't heard anything yet, you should be OK. It says "Delivers in 2-3 weeks" on the email but here's hoping they're being conservative with shipping times.

Excellent, basically the same as me, 32 GB black with an AIB debit card. Only ordered today though, but lets hope it gets here pretty soon! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

Im thinking of cancelling my order and re-doing it, afaik, I did everything correct, but 32gb White "Pending" since Friday, rang bank this morning, no hold put on my card or anything.

People are ordering and having dispatched emails minutes/hours later, something not right for me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭BetterCallSaul

If it says "shipped" for the status on my Google account should I be confident in getting it delivered this week? I've used my housemates NI address.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 macjimmy

macjimmy wrote: »
    I purchased a 16gb black Nexus 5 via UK play store. I was looking at the different insurance companies online and the ones I've researched only offer insurance for phones purchased in Ireland. Anyone know of a company who will provide insurance for the Nexus 5 purchased from the UK? Many thanks.

Anyone get insurance yet for the Nexus 5? If so who did you got with?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

If it says "shipped" for the status on my Google account should I be confident in getting it delivered this week? I've used my housemates NI address.

I would think so, other half got hers after only two days (was told 2/3 weeks by email!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 cobytu

parcel motel
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

cobytu wrote: »
    parcel motel

I hope they didn't have to stay late tonight :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

16GB, Black. Delivered to my UK drop address this morning. Given a date of, up to, November 8th. Neat. Ordered the 1st of November at 4pm!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

parcel motel

Has your account been debited or a picture appeared online as if neither have happened it would give hope to the rest of us!

parcel motel

19:42 check in for me. Happy days.

Now to see how long it takes them to ship it South.

• Advertisement

parcel motel

Ah no..!! It's not going to come down to Dublin, get sorted, put on delivery vans and make it to my local motel all tonight. Wednesday morning then. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

cancelled my friday order, and redid it, #fingersCrossed

Has your account been debited or a picture appeared online as if neither have happened it would give hope to the rest of us!

My account has been debited.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭gzoladz

19:51 checked in... Will it be ready tomorrow morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Stuxnet wrote: »
    cancelled my friday order, and redid it, #fingersCrossed

Lets hope for the best!

Mine was also checked in at 19:41. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭R28

I ordered a black 32gb on Thursday evening.

No confirmation email, just says preordered in the play store. So I sent an email to Google last night wondering if they could tell me if my order was going ahead.

Lo and behold, I got a reply in the early hours of the morning. Saying yes my order was OK and the wait was probably just due to the backlog. Which made me happy enough.

But now I see people who ordered the black 32gb on a Saturday are getting their shipping orders while I still have nothing. This takes away my happiness.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I'm in!!! 20:07 :p

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭fredotf2

If I click on my tracking number I get this -

Mon 4 Nov 19:52 Parcel Motel Dublin Package loaded on delivery van
    Mon 4 Nov 19:55 Parcel Motel Parcel in transit to motel

So from my understanding it was checked in at the Dublin depot and is currently on its way to the motel of my choice meaning I might have mine tonight!

Can't believe it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

CheckedIn 4 Nov 2013 20:10

Looks like will be going to collect it after work tomorrow :)

Advertisement