Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nexus 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭bidiots

Is that what's happening? I've seen the text quoted where they need to verify billing address or something.

Could they argue that they were prioritising certain markets first and had to protect that market?

Their not. Again, I can't believe I'm defending the corporate but, when you set up an account to buy the phone through a proxy system, details can be all over the shop in relation to address, phone, bank address, post codes etc. This would flag as a 'suspect' account on any system and from what I can see, that's all thats happening. Some accounts get through, some don't. I hope the buyer gets sorted out though, asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

bidiots wrote: »
    Their not. Again, I can't believe I'm defending the corporate but, when you set up an account to buy the phone through a proxy system, details can be all over the shop in relation to address, phone, bank address, post codes etc. This would flag as a 'suspect' account on any system and from what I can see, that's all thats happening. Some accounts get through, some don't. I hope the buyer gets sorted out though, asap.

That's the thing, we don't know why they're cancelled and it could be that they'd say that they're flagged for follow up measures which leads to it being cancelled.

If I'd known they'd deliver so quick to me in the UK I'd have ordered half a dozen since I'll be in Dublin this weekend. Could've set up a stall down Moore St or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

That's the thing, we don't know why they're cancelled and it could be that they'd say that they're flagged for follow up measures which leads to it being cancelled.

If I'd known they'd deliver so quick to me in the UK I'd have ordered half a dozen since I'll be in Dublin this weekend. Could've set up a stall down Moore St or something.

Love the entrepreneurial spirit, fair play ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Aren't they limited to 2 per account tho ?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,546 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Ste- wrote: »
    Aren't they limited to 2 per account tho ?

No, I ordered three. All delivered today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,274 ✭✭✭emo72

dece27 wrote: »
    Anyone already had bad experiences with MP? Did they find the package after all?

Hi. I'm assuming you mean Parcel Motel? Yeah sometimes Google don't put your pmid on it. Therefore they have to search for your parcel manually by name. Happened before to me. Adds an extra day or 2 on to it. It's not pm fault but they get it sorted for you. I'm in that boat at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭marketty

Ordered on Sunday, with parcel force in Belfast since midnight, wonder could I have it tonight...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭cdebru

madmoe wrote: »
    I have rang up mate and tried to get them to do it there and then. Anyhow, if they can't do it which they are telling me they can't I have no other option just to refuse delivery when they arrive. So long as I get each and every penny back all will work out OK!

Thanks,
    M

If it is coming via PM how are you going to refuse delivery?

PM will sign for it so accepting delivery, I guess you could return it but you will still have to pay PM.

Seems much easier to just stick it on adverts if it ever arrives.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

cdebru wrote: »
    If it is coming via PM how are you going to refuse delivery?

PM will sign for it so accepting delivery, I guess you could return it but you will still have to pay PM.

Seems much easier to just stick it on adverts if it ever arrives.

+1

You'll probably be quids in too if you do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭NeirBot

As a side question, if I was to wait until this is on amazon and get it delivered can I get it shipped to my parcel motel address up North and then on to my local collection point for much cheaper than the delivery cost to my house? Sorry if its a basic question, not overly familiar with parcel motel. Still have my two free stays.

It should be cheaper to use Parcel Motel than get it shipped to your house as Amazon usually have free delivery to the UK, also Amazon won't ship any electronics to Ireland so you have to use the PM address in belfast.. PM is a brilliant service!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

+1

You'll probably be quids in too if you do that.
    Only just thought of that as well guys, as in there is no way to refuse delivery now....can only wait and see what happens!? I did just go in an delete the card in Google Wallet!! With luck that will flag something and cancel it ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭positron

So after a sh1tton refresh of this thread, ParcelForce and ParcelMotel and waking up every 30 mins to check the phone to PM text, all went smoothly last night and I picked up the phone this morning. With all the anticipation and 'talking up' that usually happens in such highly anticipated new releases, I was expecting to be slightly underwhelmed - but No - it's just a lovely solid slab of a phone. Crisp display, fast to use, beautiful to look at. Love it. No regrets.

Now over to Owners thread. Best of luck to all those who are ordering / waiting for deliveries etc. Hope your Nexi finds your soon. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 dece27

I recalled PM and they said me that my package is...nowhere! My ParcelForce says that it delivered at 11:56 of yesterday in Atrim!!!

Who already received its Nexi, could please tell me what it's written in the parcel? First the PM id or the name and surname?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,274 ✭✭✭emo72

dece27 wrote: »
    I recalled PM and they said me that my package is...nowhere! My ParcelForce says that it delivered at 11:56 of yesterday in Atrim!!!

Who already received its Nexi, could please tell me what it's written in the parcel? First the PM id or the name and surname?

Mate. As I said earlier I'm in the same position. Google seem to put my pmid on the second line of the address. Hence it might not appear. Give pm your parcel force tracking number and they will see it's there. I did this morning and he could see it. They will have to find your parcel by your name. Happened before to me. Bit worrying but they will sort it. It's fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

Have decided i'm going for one of these, as soon as i sell my 4S to pay for it. Have a mate up north who's gonna pick up a sim free one in carphone warehouse and send it down to me.

Saw one in the flesh today and really liked the look of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 dece27

emo72 wrote: »
    Mate. As I said earlier I'm in the same position. Google seem to put my pmid on the second line of the address. Hence it might not appear. Give pm your parcel force tracking number and they will see it's there. I did this morning and he could see it. They will have to find your parcel by your name. Happened before to me. Bit worrying but they will sort it. It's fine.

Ok, thanks. I'm a bit less worried now ;)

If your situation changes and they find it, please let me know (also in Private) :)

Ha I remember someone yesterday joking that the parcel force depot in Belfast is only 15 mins from the parcel motel warehouse so they should hurry up, low and behold this morning my tracking shows parcel dispatched at 1114 and delivered to PM at 1129!

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Have decided i'm going for one of these, as soon as i sell my 4S to pay for it. Have a mate up north who's gonna pick up a sim free one in carphone warehouse and send it down to me.

Saw one in the flesh today and really liked the look of it.

You should get your mate to buy one through the play store for you and give him the money then. It will be cheaper by a nice bit, especially since the 16gb one is showing up as £429 now on the CPW homepage. It is £299 on the play store for the same model, and you can get the 32gb one for £339.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 A1an006

marketty wrote: »
    Ha I remember someone yesterday joking that the parcel force depot in Belfast is only 15 mins from the parcel motel warehouse so they should hurry up, low and behold this morning my tracking shows parcel dispatched at 1114 and delivered to PM at 1129!

Ha I'm in the exact same boat as you! :D Has yours shown up in your Parcel Motel account yet? Mine hasn't but I'm presuming they've been fairly busy over the past few days!

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Grim_Wreeper

I'm in the game:
    Ordered last night (Monday 4th) with a new Google account. When I ordered it said delivery 2-3 weeks.
    Set PM address as shipping & Billing for my BOI VISA Debit card.
    Currently it's still in Pending.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 LimMurf

Anyone here on 48 who's already gotten their Nex5? Can't seem to get data working.. I topped up last night but the settings I used to use on the Nex4 don't seem to work. Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 A1an006

I'm in the game:
    Ordered last night (Monday 4th) with a new Google account. When I ordered it said delivery 2-3 weeks.
    Set PM address as shipping & Billing for my BOI VISA Debit card.
    Currently it's still in Pending.

I ordered on Saturday and it said 2-3 weeks as well. It's now currently in Belfast. Hopefully you should have it sooner. Google seemed to have anticipated the demand this year a lot better.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Picked mine up this morning, rooted and apps installed, just need to get the micro SIM off Meteor now! :cool:
    Very nice.

vR88ffl.jpg

So long SGS2, you were a brave soldier! *salutes*

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

If I were a Mod I'd delete this thread out of sheer hatred for you all! :mad:

A1an006 wrote: »
    Ha I'm in the exact same boat as you! :D Has yours shown up in your Parcel Motel account yet? Mine hasn't but I'm presuming they've been fairly busy over the past few days!

Not yet, I'm hoping it will show up on PM at some point today and maybe get the text to pick it up at some point early tomorrow morning

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

LimMurf wrote: »
    Anyone here on 48 who's already gotten their Nex5? Can't seem to get data working.. I topped up last night but the settings I used to use on the Nex4 don't seem to work. Any ideas?

I'm on 48 and I'll be picking my nexus this evening. If I figure it out I'll let you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭R28

Right so was emailing Google Play Customer support again.

So it turns out that there is a random element to who is getting their Nexus 5 shipped by now. Apparently the people who are getting there's now are "lucky" but it might take 2-3 weeks for the rest of us. At least I know the order is going ahead, even if it is slow as Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

feelers wrote: »
    Anybody find an alternative website that sells the 32gb black? For a reasonable price

got me a 16gb white from handtec this morning after getting the run around by google, has been dispatched already. They will have blacks in stock soon,

http://www.handtec.co.uk/catalogsearch/result/?cat=0&q=nexus+5

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

R28 wrote: »
    Right so was emailing Google Play Customer support again.

So it turns out that there is a random element to who is getting their Nexus 5 shipped by now. Apparently the people who are getting there's now are "lucky" but it might take 2-3 weeks for the rest of us. At least I know the order is going ahead, even if it is slow as Christmas.

Yeah I got pre-order yesterday but a hold was placed on the money from yesterday.
    Hoping I'm not waiting too long tho. It's a Christmas pressie from herself to me but I had to order it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

I ordered and got my Nexus 4 fine.

But now I'm trying to order my Nexus 5. I can get onto the store and add the phone to my basket (my work IP is set to UK so that's not a problem). But once I sign into my gmail account it says not available for my location.

I have my debit card added with the PM address. Home address is also PM address in Antrim. Even have my UK number in. Deleted any signs of my Dublin address. I have cleared cache/history and even used other browsers, still nothing. What am I missing? Or does it just take a few hours to change or something??

Cheers

Advertisement