Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nexus 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭bidiots

Its up to R28 at this stage, was quick on the draw...I was in the process of putting it on Adverts...
    I love my one and have no idea why a decent screen scares the missus...anyway, she'll be getting an 'Etch a Sketch' for christmas:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭positron

I'll take it if R28 doesn't for whatever reason. Wouldn't mind surprising someone with it.

PS: Make sure it's a small 'Etch a Sketch', don't want disappointment on Christmas morning now.. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15 onlydave

brk3 wrote: »
    Finally, ordered from the play store yesterday with tunnelbear/parcel motel like I should have done in the first place. It shipped the same day!

Tl;Dr avoid cpw, tunnelbear works

Ordered yesterday too, black 16GB, tunnelbear, PM. Still Pending though!

Can I ask which size/colour you went for?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Dflash333

better or not, is a great phone for most people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭marketty

Picked mine up at the motel this morning, now I've to sit in work all day with no wifi to set it up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

marketty wrote: »
    Picked mine up at the motel this morning, now I've to sit in work all day with no wifi to set it up!

Get someone to set up a hotspot from their phone quickly for you.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I got my 2 this morning, thanks to KevIRL. I have one plugged in at work charging although I'm fairly sure they come pretty much fully charged. Can anyone verify?

I'll be popping out at lunch to change over to 3 on a sim only 30 day contract. I've already verified with meteor that I don't have to serve a notice period as I'm out of contract at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

ordered 2 16 gb black yesterday morning and got the delivery email today

using a boi mastercard, no need to change the billing address this time but had to do it previously for the nexus 4 so i wonder if that is the reason why i didn't have to this time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭lukester

Stuxnet wrote: »
    got me a 16gb white from handtec this morning after getting the run around by google, has been dispatched already. They will have blacks in stock soon,

http://www.handtec.co.uk/catalogsearch/result/?cat=0&q=nexus+5

The price on Handtec is £358.80 including VAT for a 16GB Nexus, unless I'm missing something.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Right......the latest in my saga!! Just called Bank Of Ireland to see if there was a hold on any amount on my credit card by Google and she said there was not! Then by chance I asked what was the last transaction and she said it was for €0.74 from Google Play at 11.15 this morning!! I take from that they are trying for some sort of pre-authorisation to see if they can get at funds in the account!? Would I be right in saying that? Is it too soon to hope that I may in fact get the 2 x Nexus 5's I ordered last Saturday after all!??

Cheers,
    M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭bidiots

That's exactly it, a pre-authorisation. You should be good to go soon enough...enjoy.

bidiots wrote: »
    That's exactly it, a pre-authorisation. You should be good to go soon enough...enjoy.

Oh thank feck!! I was like literally about to completely cancel my Credit Card to get out of the order as it was the last resort!! She had taken confirmation details and everything!! :eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Gonna try this tonight. The process scares me and I hope I avoid your situation madmoe. Gulp.

Gonna try this tonight. The process scares me and I hope I avoid your situation madmoe. Gulp.

One key bit of advice I would advise you all it to definitely ring your bank ahead of any purchase and ensure that they will not block an attempt to take funds by Google! If I had done that ahead of ordering I am pretty sure I would have my phone in my hand by now or at least it would be on the way.

Cheers,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 7 diarmo90

Hey everybody, if you are one of the unlucky ones like me who's order has being sitting on PENDING for days on end with nothing happening, hang in there! I'm just after getting an email from Google saying my order has been shipped. So delighted!

diarmo90 wrote: »
    Hey everybody, if you are one of the unlucky ones like me who's order has being sitting on PENDING for days on end with nothing happening, hang in there! I'm just after getting an email from Google saying my order has been shipped. So delighted!

Deadly hurling :cool:

diarmo90 wrote: »

When and what did you order ?
    Mine is stuck on pre-order.

I ordered a black 32GB last Thursday at 7pm. Never thought of calling my bank so the payment from my BOI Mastercard was rejected on Friday morning. Called my bank straight away and unblocked the card. But the order just sat on pending since then and was loosing hope and was considering cancelling the order but then got the email today.

Ah I think I'm being too impatient as I only ordered on Monday when it said 2-3 weeks. Just want to see it shipped at this stage so it doesn't get cancelled.
    How long will they place a hold on the funds ? Why do this if they weren't intending to ship soon ?

Ste- wrote: »
    Ah I think I'm being too impatient as I only ordered on Monday when it said 2-3 weeks. Just want to see it shipped at this stage so it doesn't get cancelled.
    How long will they place a hold on the funds ? Why do this if they weren't intending to ship soon ?

Yeh it's weird that just today they take payment and the order resumes especially since I sorted the issue with my bank straight away on Friday. But just glad it's progress again. Sit tight, I'm sure you'll be fine! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 LimMurf

So... has anyone gotten mobile data working yet? Am I the only one having this problem? I'm on 48 and it Just. Won't. Work. -_-

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

LimMurf wrote: »
    So... has anyone gotten mobile data working yet? Am I the only one having this problem? I'm on 48 and it Just. Won't. Work. -_-

I can't get it to work with 48 either. I tried loads of different things and still can't get it to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,609 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

A friend of mine in the states ordered one, they said it'd arrive around November 24th, it arrived yesterday!

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭R28

bidiots wrote: »
    Its up to R28 at this stage, was quick on the draw...I was in the process of putting it on Adverts...
    I love my one and have no idea why a decent screen scares the missus...anyway, she'll be getting an 'Etch a Sketch' for christmas:D

Thanks to bidiots and a shady looking exchange in a pub I now have my Nexus 5. :)

I can't get it to work with 48 either. I tried loads of different things and still can't get it to work.

Yeah.. This is a big, big problem.

The weird thing is, I think this problem lies with Android 4.4 and NOT just the device itself. I flashed 4.4 onto my Nexus 4 which my girlfriend is now using and she doesn't have working data either..? But it had been working perfectly up until then..

What's our plan of action here?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

LimMurf wrote: »
    Yeah.. This is a big, big problem.

The weird thing is, I think this problem lies with Android 4.4 and NOT just the device itself. I flashed 4.4 onto my Nexus 4 which my girlfriend is now using and she doesn't have working data either..? But it had been working perfectly up until then..

What's our plan of action here?

I think we'll have to get in contact with 48 and see if they have a solution. It might affect all MVNOs (tesco etc.), if so that will help us get a solution quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 dom910

Finally shipped. After waiting since 6.45pm thursday 31th with a pending order, it had been shipped.

Ordered a 32gb black N5.

I think we'll have to get in contact with 48 and see if they have a solution. It might affect all MVNOs (tesco etc.), if so that will help us get a solution quicker.

If you get in contact with them on their forums, will you post a link to it here to avoid multiple threads on the same topic. I'll do likewise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭Technophobe

Hadn’t received anything from Parcel Motel, so got in touch with them this morning and it turns out my PMID was missing from the parcel....
    Said they would track it down after i gave them the tracking number...
    Got an email back this evening to say they had located it and would send it on to my motel this evening :) Fair play to them for quick turnaround...;)

Starting to feel sorry for my N4 now; it has served me very well and doesn’t deserve to be banished....I had the exact same emotions about my Galaxy Nexus when I got the N4 tho...:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 n0rmal

Hello all!

Anyone knows if i can pay with a card on my name and get it billed to some other name?

Advertisement