Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nexus 5

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭cdebru

LimMurf wrote: »
    So... has anyone gotten mobile data working yet? Am I the only one having this problem? I'm on 48 and it Just. Won't. Work. -_-

Yes working perfectly on 48, it was down yesterday for a while but it was a network issue as it was the same on iPhone and N4.

Have a look and make sure the phone is not set to LTE, I think default is LTE, change it to 3g and restart the phone. It is in network mode under mobile networks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭groom

n0rmal wrote: »
    Hello all!

Anyone knows if i can pay with a card on my name and get it billed to some other name?

I have. No issues

• Registered Users Posts: 25 LimMurf

cdebru wrote: »
    Yes working perfectly on 48, it was down yesterday for a while but it was a network issue as it was the same on iPhone and N4.

Have a look and make sure the phone is not set to LTE, I think default is LTE, change it to 3g and restart the phone. It is in network mode under mobile networks.

I'm guessing your APN settings are just the standard 48 settings but would you be able to post a screenshot of them? Or even just type it out? That would be really helpful, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

K so bit the bullet there. Pray for me. How soon after you submit the order does the confirmation e mail arrive?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

K so bit the bullet there. Pray for me. How soon after you submit the order does the confirmation e mail arrive?

I got mine straight away, but I know some people got non and their order still shipped

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

Ordered the 32gb Black on Thursday evening at about 9:30pm. That's only 3 and a half hours after it launched and mine only just shipped as it was in pending for the last 6 days. The pain and torture of reading comments of others who ordered after me and already received their phones will hopefully soon end.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

cdebru wrote: »

I can set mine to 3G but it doesn't stick. Once I exit out of settings it just goes back to not being set. Both 2G and LTE will stick. Must get my hands in another sim and see if that works.

Mine won't ship until the 11th. Would that delay the confirmation e mail? O also my billing address and shipping address aren't eactly the same. I used a different name for the new g mail account I set up for it so my shipping address is My name PM address. Th ebilling address is fake name then my full PM address including my name. Do we think that'll be an issue?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I can set mine to 3G but it doesn't stick. Once I exit out of settings it just goes back to not being set. Both 2G and LTE will stick. Must get my hands in another sim and see if that works.

Just tried it with an o2 sim. The o2 sim worked fine. Popped in my 48 sim and restarted it. It works fine now.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 LimMurf

Just tried it with an o2 sim. The o2 sim worked fine. Popped in my 48 sim and restarted it. It works fine now.

I went into APN settings and turned MNVO type to none and that seemed to the job for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭bidiots

R28 wrote: »
    Thanks to bidiots and a shady looking exchange in a pub I now have my Nexus 5. :)

It looked shady alright :)
    You can thank a fussy woman! All the best with it

Pending order but no confirmation e mail. Hmmmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 n0rmal

Pending order but no confirmation e mail. Hmmmm.

Mine is also pending and i got no confirmation e-mail.

The wait kills me :P

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭treatyman

I've a friend going to the states next week, if I got someone over there to order one for me will it work here?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

treatyman wrote: »
    I've a friend going to the states next week, if I got someone over there to order one for me will it work here?

Yes and no.

US one has a different frequency for 4G networks. Means that it won't work properly with 4G in Ireland.

Everything else is the same though.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Hellogood2012

Status on my black 32GB just changed from Pending to "leaves warehouse on 11/22/13". Disappointing that it'll take that long but I only ordered on Monday and at least this means it looks like I'll definitely be getting it.

Status on my black 32GB just changed from Pending to "leaves warehouse on 11/22/13". Disappointing that it'll take that long but I only ordered on Monday and at least this means it looks like I'll definitely be getting it.

Mine said the 8th and it dispatched on the 2nd so you could get it sooner.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 BartSim

n0rmal wrote: »
    Mine is also pending and i got no confirmation e-mail.

The wait kills me :P

The same here (just checked a minute ago) ;)
    Patiently waiting...

I also ordered N5 on monday, but had to authorise the transaction, so updated on the next day (at the evening); I hope I'll get some info soon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

the wifes said 2/3 weeks and got it 3 days later.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Did Google put a hold on the funds in your bank?

• Advertisement

Just checked my shipping address there and its missing my name and parcel motel ID. But they are both there in the billing address. I definitely entered them when I was ordering. Should I be worried? Still pending btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭Technophobe

Just checked my shipping address there and its missing my name and parcel motel ID. But they are both there in the billing address. I definitely entered them when I was ordering. Should I be worried? Still pending btw.
    If and hopefully when it gets delivered, you can use the tracking number.. Ring PM and they will sort it for you.. may add an extra day on to wait for you... Same happened me... Just off to collect mine now tho :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

So after waiting a week and contacting Google multiple times they just went and cancelled the order without sending me an email beforehand.

I have reordered now using my own Google account but changing the billing address on my card to add the parcel motel post code and put UK as the country. It looks like the order is pending now but this time it states a shipping date of November 12th so it's more positive looking than the last order! Still no email confirmation though :( (how long did it take the successful people to get a confirmation email?)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Just checked mine there again now and getting the same. Looks like ours are bedfellows.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭100gSoma

Got my 32gb blackm odel yesterday. Friend in the north ordered it for me and brought it down.

7 bad pixels, plus I cannot connect to Google account on it. Getting an error. "problem communicating with google servers" "your android device may not be provisioned for data services" and "reliable connection cannot be found to google server".

I have perfect internet access though. Downloaded the update upon start up and I can browse the web etc. but definitely a dud....

Disappointed! :( nightmare to arrange a refund/exchange now.

**** sorry to hear that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭100gSoma

The data issues (unable to log into google account) are down to O2 Ireland. It doesn't recognise the device so does not send correct settings. Only basic functionality is available. Web browser, Text, phone calls etc. Cannot use play store or gmail etc. The dead pixels suck though.
    anyone using a nex5 in the republic@? what network has support?

100gSoma wrote: »
    Got my 32gb blackm odel yesterday. Friend in the north ordered it for me and brought it down.

7 bad pixels, plus I cannot connect to Google account on it. Getting an error. "problem communicating with google servers" "your android device may not be provisioned for data services" and "reliable connection cannot be found to google server".

I have perfect internet access though. Downloaded the update upon start up and I can browse the web etc. but definitely a dud....

Disappointed! :( nightmare to arrange a refund/exchange now.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 onlydave

Rang up my bank there, apparently google have bee placing 1 euro charge on my card, bank approves it and then google reverses/rejects it and this has happened 3 times...

Anyone have an experience of this? AIB Mastercard

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭projectgtr

100gSoma wrote: »
    The data issues (unable to log into google account) are down to O2 Ireland. It doesn't recognise the device so does not send correct settings. Only basic functionality is available. Web browser, Text, phone calls etc. Cannot use play store or gmail etc. The dead pixels suck though.
    anyone using a nex5 in the republic@? what network has support?
    Check xda Google will offer an immediate replacement for phones with dead pixels, what more could you ask for.

• Advertisement

onlydave wrote: »
    Rang up my bank there, apparently google have bee placing 1 euro charge on my card, bank approves it and then google reverses/rejects it and this has happened 3 times...

Anyone have an experience of this? AIB Mastercard

When was this? Ask what time it was as I rang my bank too. I registered my Visa card with my own Google wallet and my "fake" google wallet before I ordered. Google took 1 euro for each of these but haven't tried to take anything since I ordered the phone last night.

Did you register your card with your Google wallet recently?

Advertisement