Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nexus 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 onlydave

When was this? Ask what time it was as I rang my bank too. I registered my Visa card with my own Google wallet and my "fake" google wallet before I ordered. Google took 1 euro for each of these but haven't tried to take anything since I ordered the phone last night.

Did you register your card with your Google wallet recently?

This all happened just after i ordered in on the 5th. Don't have that card on my irish google account, just the UK one I setup just for ordering the phone.

Is your order still pending or what's happened with it?

The strange part is Google rejecting the transaction after it's been approved, no? As far as i remember with stuff like that they take the €1 and then refund it later

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭fungie

What did people ask the bank when allowing parcel motel as an allowed address for visa debit card. I rang bank of ireland and they said it cant be done and can only be done by writing to local branch. Im just unsure what to do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

onlydave wrote: »
    This all happened just after i ordered in on the 5th. Don't have that card on my irish google account, just the UK one I setup just for ordering the phone.

Is your order still pending or what's happened with it?

The strange part is Google rejecting the transaction after it's been approved, no? As far as i remember with stuff like that they take the €1 and then refund it later

Yeah still pending, google haven't tried to take my money yet though. I live in hope that its due to the low stock levels. I think if they actually rejected it you could be in trouble. Did you ring your bank to pre authorize the payment?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 onlydave

Did you ring your bank to pre authorize the payment?

No, I think they see the parcel motel bit and know what the craic is. Just a bit worried because a guy who posted yesterday here said he ordered same day as me and his was shipped already.... Fingers crossed

As a friend put it is it because "google's terrible ordering system due to being the worst retailer ever"

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭loadwire

Status on my black 32GB just changed from Pending to "leaves warehouse on 11/22/13". Disappointing that it'll take that long but I only ordered on Monday and at least this means it looks like I'll definitely be getting it.

Mine the same. Don't mind the wait as long as I get it. No payment showing up on c/c yet, will check tomorrow again. What exactly do you say to bank if you want to check with them - just to authorise payment from Google is it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

When was this? Ask what time it was as I rang my bank too. I registered my Visa card with my own Google wallet and my "fake" google wallet before I ordered. Google took 1 euro for each of these but haven't tried to take anything since I ordered the phone last night.

Did you register your card with your Google wallet recently?

What I just did was used my actual billing address with and the parcel motel post code and selected UK as the country.

Instead of ringing the bank I bought a magazine on Google Play to see if the payment would go through. It went through without an issue so I assume when they go to charge my account for the nexus it should go through aswell. (Also as I just discovered a perk of having a "UK" billing address is that I now have access to all the magazines, movies and TV on the play store!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭100gSoma

projectgtr wrote: »
    Check xda Google will offer an immediate replacement for phones with dead pixels, what more could you ask for.

Been onto Google this morning. They've had quite a few reports and agreed to replace it. No problems.

The dead pixel don't show up in a screenshot, so I think it may actually be dirt under the glass. either way.... returning it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

Does anybody want to buy 5 screen protectors? I ordered some for my note 3 and received these instead. €6 Inc postage, exactly what they cost me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

100gSoma wrote: »
    Been onto Google this morning. They've had quite a few reports and agreed to replace it. No problems.

The dead pixel don't show up in a screenshot, so I think it may actually be dirt under the glass. either way.... returning it.

The screenshot would come from the output of the video processor so it would display the full picture despite dead pixels. Good luck on the replacement

The screenshot would come from the output of the video processor so it would display the full picture despite dead pixels. Good luck on the replacement

Which exactly is what I thought myself? but the google rep asked for a screenshot of the phone screen? Perhaps he meant a photo...
    Eitherway, I marked them on the screenshot. lol.

Opened a thread with actual photos here too http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2516434

As for the O2 issue. I'll just find out if meteor or voda can support it and change. I'm out of contract anyway, and was considering a 4G network

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,084 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Which exactly is what I thought myself? but the google rep asked for a screenshot of the phone screen? Perhaps he meant a photo...
    Eitherway, I marked them on the screenshot. lol.

Opened a thread with actual photos here too http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2516434

As for the O2 issue. I'll just find out if meteor or voda can support it and change. I'm out of contract anyway, and was considering a 4G network

I'd imagine manually putting in the APN settings will work

Try this

I'd imagine manually putting in the APN settings will work

Try this

Many thanks for this. I'd just let it auto-populate them, and it "looked" right. I'll check the actual settings against this when the replacement phone comes back.

Cheers ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 feelers

Anybody have a 32gb nexus 5 for sale im having too much trouble with google :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭projectgtr

your lucky google are being so good about it many other companies would say there has to be a certain number of dead pixels or even a certain number per set size to warrant a return. They seem on the ball im glad to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

your lucky google are being so good about it many other companies would say there has to be a certain number of dead pixels or even a certain number per set size to warrant a return. They seem on the ball im glad to see.

I'd say it's LG bearing the cost of the returned phone, with Google having a contract that protects their image from faulty phones. I wonder what it would be like dealing with LG directly.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 n0rmal

I'm in a strange situation...

The funds were already billed to my credit card (not on hold, they were actually billed - Just confirmed with the bank) and the order status is still on pending on google wallet.

Anyone gone through this?

I'd say your good. Other people have reported that their sales are still on pending even though they have the phone already. I really want to ring google about my order to find out the score. Is this a bad idea? As in they will clearly know I'm not in the UK.

I totally agree and understand that. I know some manufacturers even state that it depends where the dead pixel is. i.e. near the side, not important, in the middle, more important. with over 2 million pixels, I get that possible 1 or 2 migh be dead. but 8+ I think is not really acceptable. Luckily Google seem to agree it's not great.

I got my buddy to check his 16gb one. Checked a full screen white 1080p image. nothing. Not a single blemish. so that spurred me on more that my 8 blemishes were annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 n0rmal

I'd say your good. Other people have reported that their sales are still on pending even though they have the phone already. I really want to ring google about my order to find out the score. Is this a bad idea? As in they will clearly know I'm not in the UK.

Well, i might be suggesting something retarded, but can't you call from an unknown number?

Has anybody bought it with a debit card?

• Advertisement

fungie wrote: »
    I bought with a visa debit and having trouble. My moneys on hold and i cancelled my order now have to wait nearly a month for the authorization to be back in my account :(

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Barti

Any idea how long they (Google) will be selling the phone for? I am currently looking for a job so I can have some financial security before I go spending on nice things, so just wondering if they will sell the phone for a good while so I can get one later when I eventually find work? Perhaps those who followed the Nexus4 last year would have an idea how long it was on the market for before it sold out/was no longer up for sale.

Barti wrote: »
    Any idea how long they (Google) will be selling the phone for? I am currently looking for a job so I can have some financial security before I go spending on nice things, so just wondering if they will sell the phone for a good while so I can get one later when I eventually find work? Perhaps those who followed the Nexus4 last year would have an idea how long it was on the market for before it sold out/was no longer up for sale.
    I've a feeling they will be here for a year at least but other website will have them longer

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

fungie wrote: »

Yeah I got it with an Ulster bank visa debit, just put the PM postcode at the end of my billing address. No problems.

Yeah I got it with an Ulster bank visa debit, just put the PM postcode at the end of my billing address. No problems.

Thats what I did with bank of Ireland one, haven't received an email from them yet but the website says pending

None of us seem to be getting confirmation e mails :( .

None of us seem to be getting confirmation e mails :( .

I havent got anything from them though, money was taken from my account but I think its a hold or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

my package was delivered by parcelforce at 11 am this morning but my parcel motel hasn't updated.. should i be worried?

my pm was clearly on the delivery address

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

j4vier wrote: »
    my package was delivered by parcelforce at 11 am this morning but my parcel motel hasn't updated.. should i be worried?

my pm was clearly on the delivery address

No don't be. Mine was delivered at 11:02am this morning as well to parcel motel and not yet on the parcel motel site. I've seen it as late as 8:30pm before it get's into their system but then be in transit 10 minutes later. If by 11pm tonight its still not on the parcel motel website you can call them tomorrow morning and they'll find it for you if you have your tracking number.

I know... the waiting is terrible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭loadwire

just got shipped yo

:)

obv still in for a bit of a wait going by others on here but glad it got to this stage so quickly, i only ordered on the 5th.

Advertisement