Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nexus 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭HellboundIRL

loadwire wrote: »
    just got shipped yo

:)

obv still in for a bit of a wait going by others on here but glad it got to this stage so quickly, i only ordered on the 5th.

Which one did you order?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,267 ✭✭✭emo72

i only got my nexus 4 a few months ago in the clearance. i wasnt really pushed about getting the 5, i only pressed the buy button just for the thrill of the chase. now i have it i have to say its wonderful. a much better phone than i expected. it absolutely flies (do we always say that when we get new phones!), anyway everything is much faster.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭brk3

Could anyone with working 3G on 48months please post the exact settings used? I'm using whats outlined at http://community.48months.ie/t5/Need-Help/LG-Devices-internet-settings/m-p/3832/highlight/true#M1322 - I get a 'H' beside the signal icon but no internet. Also if I go the settings screen the mobile indicator is red, unsure what this means. (Have also changed from LTE to 3G without success).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,510 ✭✭✭bren2001

brk3 wrote: »
    Could anyone with working 3G on 48months please post the exact settings used? I'm using whats outlined at http://community.48months.ie/t5/Need-Help/LG-Devices-internet-settings/m-p/3832/highlight/true#M1322 - I get a 'H' beside the signal icon but no internet. Also if I go the settings screen the mobile indicator is red, unsure what this means. (Have also changed from LTE to 3G without success).

They are the settings that I used. Also have to switch from LTE to 3g and enable data roaming. Works fine for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭loadwire

Which one did you order?

16GB Black.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Parcel Motel have a 32GB Black with my name on it.
    Ordered Oct 31st
    Shipped Nov 6th
    Delivered Nov 7th
    Parcel Motel pickup hopefully tomorrow. :D

bren2001 wrote: »
    They are the settings that I used. Also have to switch from LTE to 3g and enable data roaming. Works fine for me.

What do you have under 'APN type'

• Registered Users Posts: 6,510 ✭✭✭bren2001

What do you have under 'APN type'

My full list is as so:

Name: 48 MB (irrelevant)
    APN: 48months.liffeytelecom.com
    Proxy: not set
    Port: not set
    Username: not set
    Password: not set
    Server: not set
    MMSC: 10.1.11.68/servlets/mms
    MMS proxy: 10.1.11.19
    MMS port: 8080
    MCC: 272
    MNC: 11
    Auth type: PAP
    APN type: not set
    APN Proto: IPv4
    APN roaming proto: IPv4
    -
    Bearer: unspecified
    MVNO: none
    -

With network mode set to 3g and data roaming enabled.

bren2001 wrote: »
    My full list is as so:

Name: 48 MB (irrelevant)
    APN: 48months.liffeytelecom.com
    Proxy: not set
    Port: not set
    Username: not set
    Password: not set
    Server: not set
    MMSC: 10.1.11.68/servlets/mms
    MMS proxy: 10.1.11.19
    MMS port: 8080
    MCC: 272
    MNC: 11
    Auth type: PAP
    APN type: not set
    APN Proto: IPv4
    APN roaming proto: IPv4
    -
    Bearer: unspecified
    MVNO: none
    -

With network mode set to 3g and data roaming enabled.

Thanks for taking the time to post this. It's still not working though maybe its a temp glitch with 48's network in my area. Will try again in the morning.

Another question, how are people finding this phone's vibrate compares to say the Nexus 4? It's hard to explain, but it seems "loose" in mine. When typing on the Nexus 4 the vibrate was short and sharp, this just doesn't feel as quality to me... Anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 corvo84

Hi guys,

sorry some of you was able to buy it from the playstore with the BOI visa??

Thanks,
    Matthew

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭100gSoma

Another question, how are people finding this phone's vibrate compares to say the Nexus 4? It's hard to explain, but it seems "loose" in mine. When typing on the Nexus 4 the vibrate was short and sharp, this just doesn't feel as quality to me... Anyone else?

yeah it feels lower powered. Like a slower vibrate. not fast/sharp but slow/dull...
    Mine is the same. It's just the way I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 onlydave

Order I placed on the 5th for a black 16GB was just canceled today (8th), pretty disappointing..

Placed another order with a friends real UK phone number this time... see how it goes

• Registered Users Posts: 4 capt_mal

Need some help with my order. I've tried twice with no avail.

1st try: New UK gmail with UK IP. AIB debit. My name PMID and my address as billing address with PM postcode and phone number. My name and PMID with PM shipping address. This was canceled the next day. My bank account was charged ~€1 and the refunded minutes after order was made.

2nd try: Another new UK gmail with different UK IP. AIB debit. PMID only with PM adress for billing and shipping and PM phone number. Canceled after 2 day. same happened with the bank, charged ~€1 and the refunded. With this account I tried to buy something on the play store but the order was immediately canceled. Bank account was charge and then refunded a few hours later.

Any help?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

onlydave wrote: »
    Order I placed on the 5th for a black 16GB was just canceled today (8th), pretty disappointing..

Placed another order with a friends real UK phone number this time... see how it goes

Sorry to hear that man :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 14 kevob_3

I ordered a 32GB White device last night at 21:58 using a new gmail account with EVERYTHING set to UK and Parcel Motel as shipping and billing address and a BOI debit card. As of now, still no money has left my bank account, I haven't received a confirmation email from Google and both on the Play Store and Google Wallet the order still says pending.

Would anyone recommend contacting Google to see what the story is or could this jeopardize the fact of them not knowing I'm ordering from Ireland? I've already contacted my bank and they have no record of any transactions from Google, not even the small authorisation transaction.

Thanks for any help in advance,

Kev

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

kevob_3 wrote: »
    I ordered a 32GB White device last night at 21:58 using a new gmail account with EVERYTHING set to UK and Parcel Motel as shipping and billing address and a BOI debit card. As of now, still no money has left my bank account, I haven't received a confirmation email from Google and both on the Play Store and Google Wallet the order still says pending.

Would anyone recommend contacting Google to see what the story is or could this jeopardize the fact of them not knowing I'm ordering from Ireland? I've already contacted my bank and they have no record of any transactions from Google, not even the small authorisation transaction.

Kev

Just wait I'm afraid.... mine said pending for 6 days before I got a shipping email.

Dudda wrote: »
    Just wait I'm afraid.... mine said pending for 6 days before I got a shipping email.

Thanks for the quick reply. How long after the order did it take until the money left your account? And did you not receive any confirmation email or any email before that shipping one?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

Thanks for the quick reply. How long after the order did it take until the money left your account? And did you not receive any confirmation email or any email before that shipping one?

I did receive a confirmation email but it took a while however a lot of people didn't get the confirmation email and just got the shipping one.
    The money didn't leave my account until after parcel motel received and signed for the device (at least that's what shows up on my online back account) but I don't know if that's the same for everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

I'm cautiously optimistic based on the above. My order wasn't immediately cancelled. I ordered Wed night but got no e mail from them confirming. Order is still pending. It did say the phone won't be in stock until the 11th. Would somebody mind checking if that's still the case. Work network and Tunnelbear do not get along.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭loadwire

Kev

I wouldn't worry yet. I didn't get any email til it was shipping. It is now showing as shipped and (just) delivered by ParcelForce but no money out of my account yet. Still waiting for notification from ParcelMotel too but I understand that can take a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭100gSoma

My replacement due to ship on 12th November. Quite possibly no stock on hand till next week.

My pixel issues are actually dirt/particles under the glass not panel defects. I can see the little particles when the phone is switched off and looked at under light. Just a sloppy QC job. 7 or 8 particles missed.
    I think I'll just keep the replacement though. regardless. once its anyway better than the current one. :pac:

Dudda wrote: »
    I did receive a confirmation email but it took a while however a lot of people didn't get the confirmation email and just got the shipping one.
    The money didn't leave my account until after parcel motel received and signed for the device (at least that's what shows up on my online back account) but I don't know if that's the same for everyone.
    loadwire wrote: »
    I wouldn't worry yet. I didn't get any email til it was shipping. It is now showing as shipped and (just) delivered by ParcelForce but no money out of my account yet. Still waiting for notification from ParcelMotel too but I understand that can take a while.

That's all reassuring news. So basically, if I understand correctly, many people heard anything until the device was actually shipped? My status on the pending order on Google Play says leaves warehouse on 11/12/13 - I only just realised that's the 11th of December! Please tell me they use the American date format for some reason and I won't be waiting a month for my device?

I just used Tunnelbear to look at the Play Store and the Black version says 4-5 weeks and the White says 1-2 Business days. Relieved to say the least!

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭HellboundIRL

That's all reassuring news. So basically, if I understand correctly, many people heard anything until the device was actually shipped? My status on the pending order on Google Play says leaves warehouse on 11/12/13 - I only just realised that's the 11th of December! Please tell me they use the American date format for some reason and I won't be waiting a month for my device?

They do use the American format so you'll have it in a few days, mine is set to ship 11/22/13.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 robnorton

Soooo... my Nexus 5 shipped today - Does anyone know if Parcelforce will deliver to Parcel Motel on a Saturday?
    And maybe Parcel Motel will drop it down to my local Parcel Motel during the weekend??

Like a kid at Christmas..... my first Android device.

When did you order?

Edit; ****ers cancelled mine.

IF anyone has a spare 32gb version (black or white) PM me, I'll buy it. Sick of this run around from Google.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 n0rmal

When did you order?

Edit; ****ers cancelled mine.

Did you ever had the funds reserved on your account?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 robnorton

Ordered on Monday/Tuesday, I have the Parcelforce tracking number today after they said it shipped, and apparently it's collected from wherever google ships from..

• Advertisement

Have one on adverts for 465. Think I am over paying chaps? 32 gb?

Advertisement