Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nexus 5

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Wow. I ordered late Friday into Sat morning and got a surprise this morning to say it had shipped :) Happy Days! 32Gb white version btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 robnorton

Can anyone tell me how long it took for Parcel Motel to deliver once Parcelforce delivered to them?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

My one has a somewhat annoying screen dimming issue where it goes slightly darker for a few seconds then gets brighter again. I have it set to maximum brightness. It's annoying but I don;t think I can be arsed to send it for repair/replace.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭loadwire

robnorton wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me how long it took for Parcel Motel to deliver once Parcelforce delivered to them?

mine showed as delivered by PF at 1:45pm on Friday. Got my 'ready for collection' text from Parcel Motel at 9:30pm on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cgarrad

5starpool wrote: »
    My one has a somewhat annoying screen dimming issue where it goes slightly darker for a few seconds then gets brighter again. I have it set to maximum brightness. It's annoying but I don;t think I can be arsed to send it for repair/replace.

Try:

Velis Auto Brightness

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.velis.auto.brightness&hl=en

Much better than stock

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 BartSim

n0rmal wrote: »
    I ordered on the 5th and it's still pending. Got no confirmation whatsoever, but the money has already moved out :(

The same here, but the money hasn't been taken. Still "pending" status..
    Well, it seems I'll have to wait 2 more weeks at least :/ And only if I'm lucky..

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭fungie

Mines been delivered to parcel motel so just have to wait for delivery. I never received any emails from google whatsoever about it which was odd.

I used my usual tcd.ie email address with my address in billing with parcel motel zip and uk as country using bank of Ireland debit card.My bank rang me to check if I made the orders as it was unusual activity. I also bought an app in the uk App Store before the phone too

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭IrishStuff09

5starpool wrote: »
    It might just be auto brightness? Check if the box is ticked for it.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

It might just be auto brightness? Check if the box is ticked for it.

Nope, not auto. I've checked online and it seems to be something some others are experiencing as well :(

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭OldManJenkin

fungie wrote: »
    Mines been delivered to parcel motel so just have to wait for delivery. I never received any emails from google whatsoever about it which was odd.

I used my usual tcd.ie email address with my address in billing with parcel motel zip and uk as country using bank of Ireland debit card.My bank rang me to check if I made the orders as it was unusual activity. I also bought an app in the uk App Store before the phone too

When did you place your order? Just asking as I ordered mine in the same way on the 4th, yet the order is still pending.:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Shooter_galway

Ordered mine Friday at 1945 got email this morning saying it's with pf can't wait! Sick of iOS!

When did you place your order? Just asking as I ordered mine in the same way on the 4th, yet the order is still pending.:(

I ordered on the 7th, 32Gb white version

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Psygnosis

Ordered again oven the weekend this time with AIB Visa Debit card. Will see how it goes. Billing my address with parcel motel postcode. Shipping address parcel motel. So a 1 quid pending charge but that dissapeared the next day from pending and I cant see it on aib online banking is this normal.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Really want this phone and I think I might try to get it via the English PlayStore.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Emmo-m-

anyone ordered from handtec yet?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

Does anybody want to buy 5 screen protectors? I ordered some for my note 3 and received these instead. €6 Inc postage, exactly what they cost me.

Anybody want these before i throw them out? PM me if you are interested.

Has anyone tried ordering from one of the other European countries play store e.g. France where price is €349 , using the same procedure? Would that be possible?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,510 ✭✭✭bren2001

Emmo-m- wrote: »
    Has anyone tried ordering from one of the other European countries play store e.g. France where price is €349 , using the same procedure? Would that be possible?

How are you going to get it shipped here? UK only works because of Parcel Motel

That was the question , no services like parcel motel for other countries then i presume! Looks like ill just wait on handtec to get the black version in stock!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 n0rmal

Emmo-m- wrote: »
    That was the question , no services like parcel motel for other countries then i presume! Looks like ill just wait on handtec to get the black version in stock!

Actually, there are:

mailbox.de for deutch playstore
    France i ain't aware of any, but there must be. Same goes for Spain

• Advertisement

interesting , will look into it. Cheers!

Really boils down to go through with the hassle / save money.

Or just wait for handtec or phonesonline.ie , less hassle / more money!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭cdebru

n0rmal wrote: »
    Actually, there are:

mailbox.de for deutch playstore
    France i ain't aware of any, but there must be. Same goes for Spain

mailboxde.com

My nexus arrived with damaged pixels and lines across the screen. will google take it back considering I ordered it from uk and parcel motel etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Psygnosis

Ordered got bloody cancelled again. Getting a work colleauge to order for me in Northern Ireland delivered to him and I'll sort it out.
    Did anyone with AIB get it in the end.

My nexus arrived with damaged pixels and lines across the screen. will google take it back considering I ordered it from uk and parcel motel etc?

Yeah, look back a few pages. One guy called them and sent his back,another is in the process of doing so, IIRC.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Yeah I'm after ringing them about dead pixels and waiting on the replacement to ship but the online status is saying that order won't leave the warehouse until mid December.

JohnK wrote: »
    Yeah I'm after ringing them about dead pixels and waiting on the replacement to ship but the online status is saying that order won't leave the warehouse until mid December.

The dead pixels seems to be a problem with nexus 5 it seems. I reordered mine there, says its prepaid whatever that means. Its not shipping for 10 days though which is a bit ridiculous but not as bad as mid december. I bought a 32gb white version.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

They must have more stock of that so, mines the black 32gb and the date its giving is Dec 11th to leave the warehouse but I'm hoping it'll go before that. Only thing I'm afraid of now is scratching it or something and have them reject the RMA once they see it. Not to mention trying to get things in the post around that time of year is going to be a complete balls for something time sensitive.

Think I'll be grand ordering a White 16GB around the first / second week in December?

• Advertisement

JohnK wrote: »
    They must have more stock of that so, mines the black 32gb and the date its giving is Dec 11th to leave the warehouse but I'm hoping it'll go before that. Only thing I'm afraid of now is scratching it or something and have them reject the RMA once they see it. Not to mention trying to get things in the post around that time of year is going to be a complete balls for something time sensitive.

I found the email a bit unclear. So I wait until the new one arrives before posting the old one?

This was what the screen was like upon arrival

Advertisement