Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nexus 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭DisasterIRL

Where was the specific estimated date, best I got was 4-5 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 11 n0rmal

My Nexus 5 said it would ship on the 22nd but it is already with ParcelMotel. It was delivered to ParcelMotel this morning, but still nothing shows up on my parcel motel:(

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Shooter_galway

n0rmal wrote: »
    My Nexus 5 said it would ship on the 22nd but it is already with ParcelMotel. It was delivered to ParcelMotel this morning, but still nothing shows up on my parcel motel:(

Mine was delivered yesterday and emailed them this morning and was updated after but nothing since very annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

Does anyone have the number to call Play store support? All I can find is the free phone 0800 uk number which I can't ring from here!

Or am I just doing something wrong !?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

+44 800... Will work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

Haha, thanks for that. I just assumed it wouldn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Shadow78

cooperguy wrote: »
    Does anyone have the number to call Play store support? All I can find is the free phone 0800 uk number which I can't ring from here!

Or am I just doing something wrong !?

Or you can use Skype and call for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Anyone having an issue with Vine? Keeps crashing for me when I trying publish a vine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

I'm really not liking the battery life. 19 hrs on the last charge. That's with only moderate usage and all location services turned off.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

What's the definitive way to prevent data use, using a Nexus 5 on a Vodafone, Pay as you Go SIM? (I carry a MIFI router around with me instead..)

---

Just to say, I have 2 pairs (2x2) of screen protectors by FoneM8 to give out, free. The only downside is the protector avoids the camera and light sensor, it just skirts around it. See below to understand what I mean.

2yp2.jpg
    u94i.jpg

If they're of any use to you, show your interest on thread, then send me a PM with a postal address of some sort. Protectors will be mailed out today. (Friday)

First two members will get 2x screen protectors via An Post. Gratis.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cgarrad

Amalgam wrote: »
    What's the definitive way to prevent data use, using a Nexus 5 on a Vodafone

http://www.droid-life.com/2013/02/13/how-to-disable-mobile-data-usage-beginners-guide/

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭fungie

My phone came broken so am returning it and getting another. I know a few people on the forum are doing the same. Ive been charged for the second device from my bank account. Is this normal?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

What's the definitive way to prevent data use, using a Nexus 5 on a Vodafone, Pay as you Go SIM? (I carry a MIFI router around with me instead..)

---

Just to say, I have 2 pairs (2x2) of screen protectors by FoneM8 to give out, free. The only downside is the protector avoids the camera and light sensor, it just skirts around it. See below to understand what I mean.

2yp2.jpg
    u94i.jpg

If they're of any use to you, show your interest on thread, then send me a PM with a postal address of some sort. Protectors will be mailed out today. (Friday)

First two members will get 2x screen protectors via An Post. Gratis.

I'll take a set if that's okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Technophobe

i'll take some too

AlmightyCushion, Technophobe, that's fine, covers reserved.

Technophobe, I've responded to your PM..

AlmightyCushion, send me a PM with a postal address and I'll despatch the covers to you.

COVERS TAKEN. Thank you.

AlmightyCushion, send me a PM with a postal address and I'll despatch the covers to you.

COVERS TAKEN. Thank you.
    Sound man!!

Not specific to the 5 I know but I miss my blue time, battery etc indicators

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Not specific to the 5 I know but I miss my blue time, battery etc indicators

Yep zame here, losts of reviews criticizing it but i like it better than white. Be cool if you could choose your self.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

god's toy wrote: »
    Yep zame here, losts of reviews criticizing it but i like it better than white. Be cool if you could choose your self.

Wait till xposed gets ported to 4.4.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Evil_g

Hey folks, I'm using Hola unblocker to fake a UK IP address. I've set up a new google account and can view the phone in the play store. When I try to add it (32GB Black) to my cart the Play Store tells me that "An unexpected error has occurred. Please try again later."

Has anyone experienced this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

Evil_g wrote: »
    Hey folks, I'm using Hola unblocker to fake a UK IP address. I've set up a new google account and can view the phone in the play store. When I try to add it (32GB Black) to my cart the Play Store tells me that "An unexpected error has occurred. Please try again later."

Has anyone experienced this?

Yes, and when I checked back in a few minutes, I had 2 phones in my cart. I then removed one, checked out and am the proud owner of an N5 for over a week now.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Evil_g

gerryk wrote: »
    Yes, and when I checked back in a few minutes, I had 2 phones in my cart. I then removed one, checked out and am the proud owner of an N5 for over a week now.

Thanks, it worked eventually.

I've placed an order for a Black 32GB but they haven't debited my card yet. I haven't been able to get through to Bank of Ireland, so I hope they don't block it.

They tell me it won't leave the warehouse until the 11th of December. Do I really have to wait that long?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

COVERS TAKEN. Thank you.

Did they send you out replacements? I got the full screen ones the other day from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭HellboundIRL

Evil_g wrote: »
    Thanks, it worked eventually.

I've placed an order for a Black 32GB but they haven't debited my card yet. I haven't been able to get through to Bank of Ireland, so I hope they don't block it.

They tell me it won't leave the warehouse until the 11th of December. Do I really have to wait that long?

I've been waiting since the 5th with a shipment date of the 22nd of November and it's looking like it won't be here any sooner for me so I'd say you will be waiting that long unless you're one of the lucky ones. There's a fairly long wait on the black ones unfortunately but the white ones seem to ship fast.

Did they send you out replacements? I got the full screen ones the other day from them.

Yes they did. New ones are as annoying, the little round cut outs can get stuck/slide *under* a perfectly placed screen cover, somewhat annoying.

Nice of them to send replacements without asking though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

Anyone looked into getting a case yet?

Was looking at this one, Link, although I'm not sure how much protection it would actually give.

May just wait for the official google cases when they're released.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

god's toy wrote: »

Makes sense I guess. But for those who knew what the colours denouced it was handy much easier than dragging down quick settings.

As it stands, I ****ing loathe Hangouts. SMS is the culprit. I've upgraded from 2.2 to a cluster****.

I have somehow.. a contact conversation, with the proper name, and for some strange reason, the very same number texts me a few hours later and it is classed as a new conversation with just the number, the very same one that resolved properly to the contact previously, with no options to correct that.

Even the dumbest Nokia can handle SMS with no fuss.

I also have Cabbage 'grabbing' incoming SMS, despite Hangout being the default.

I don't want a 'snooping/ad driven' third party SMS app. I just had an expectation of a, close to 400 euro phone, being able to handle SMS in a simple and straightforward manner.

Total cobblers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Niveus Tauri

AIR-AUSSIE wrote: »
    Anyone looked into getting a case yet?

Was looking at this one, Link, although I'm not sure how much protection it would actually give.

May just wait for the official google cases when they're released.

I got one of the High end cases , costs around 27 Euro delivered from UK

This guy is selling one new for 25 on adverts Spigen NeoHybrid

Advertisement