Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nexus 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭loadwire

Amalgam wrote: »
    As it stands, I ****ing loathe Hangouts. SMS is the culprit. I've upgraded from 2.2 to a cluster****.

I have somehow.. a contact conversation, with the proper name, and for some strange reason, the very same number texts me a few hours later and it is classed as a new conversation with just the number, the very same one that resolved properly to the contact previously, with no options to correct that.

Even the dumbest Nokia can handle SMS with no fuss.

I also have Cabbage 'grabbing' incoming SMS, despite Hangout being the default.

I don't want a 'snooping/ad driven' third party SMS app. I just had an expectation of a, close to 400 euro phone, being able to handle SMS in a simple and straightforward manner.

Total cobblers.

Don't like hangouts either, currently trying out 8sms app for size, seems much cleaner and better.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,557 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Amalgam wrote: »
    As it stands, I ****ing loathe Hangouts. SMS is the culprit. I've upgraded from 2.2 to a cluster****.
    Go to Google Hangouts -> Settings and sign out of Google Hangouts. That reverts Hangouts back to being an SMS app.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,557 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

I'm really not liking the battery life. 19 hrs on the last charge. That's with only moderate usage and all location services turned off.
    I have screen brightness set to auto and I turn off mobile data when in the house. I find that helps considerably.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Ordered on the 4th 32gb black. Just got the shipped email.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭HellboundIRL

Ste- wrote: »
    Ordered on the 4th 32gb black. Just got the shipped email.

Good to hear, ordered a 32gb black on the 5th so hoping the shipping will come tonight or tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭IrishStuff09

Would I be mad in thinking ill get mine delivered before the post stops for Christmas if I order in the first week of December? 16GB White.

How long does it take parcel motel to update the info on the website ?
    It got delivered to them yesterday at 1PM just wondering it should be today right ? I am in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭lukester

I have screen brightness set to auto and I turn off mobile data when in the house. I find that helps considerably.

Switching to ART runtime helps too.

I'm regularly getting close to 2 days between charges. Right now battery is at 21% after 34 hrs.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭aka Dus

Am planning on ordering using the Flubit method but am still waiting a week later for an invitation to become a member.

Typically how long does that take, can anyone tell me?

Thanks.

aka Dus wrote: »
    Am planning on ordering using the Flubit method but am still waiting a week later for an invitation to become a member.

Typically how long does that take, can anyone tell me?

Thanks.

You do realise the Flubit method is outdated now? Flubit only works for purchases on Amazon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 Hellogood2012

How long does it take parcel motel to update the info on the website ?
    It got delivered to them yesterday at 1PM just wondering it should be today right ? I am in Dublin.

Yeah mine was delivered yesterday at midday too, but still no update on the PM website, seems a bit strange. Hoping to get it by tomorrow though...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Fluffy88

PM only update their site in the morning.
    So any deliveries they received yesterday afternoon will show up on the site some time between 10~2 today.

They will also be dispatched from Belfast today around 2 and will be brought to your local PM in tonight's delivery.

tl;dr You will have it by tomorrow morning.

Fluffy88 wrote: »
    PM only update their site in the morning.
    So any deliveries they received yesterday afternoon will show up on the site some time between 10~2 today.

They will also be dispatched from Belfast today around 2 and will be brought to your local PM in tonight's delivery.

tl;dr You will have it by tomorrow morning.

Thanks. Was just hoping to get my mitts on it as quick as possible. Mind you I'll only get to check it's ok before handing it back for "santy".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Fluffy88

Thanks. Was just hoping to get my mitts on it as quick as possible. Mind you I'll only get to check it's ok before handing it back for "santy".

I understand that completely. First year I was working I bought myself a nice new laptop 6 weeks too close to Christmas :p The build up to Christmas this year will be very exciting for you :-)

For anyone in Dublin, "Tonight's delivery" starts at around 8 so you might have it tonight if your lucky and in one of the early drop spots.

All of my PM deliveries to Grand Canal Dock have arrived at ~9.30 pm, having left Belfast at lunchtime.

Pictures are up in PM for me. Says check in in but I've not got a text yet. Hoping I can get it tonight. Does checked in mean it's in the locker or just with PM ?

Says in transit now. Must be on it's way to Dublin according to previous posts on here and hopefully be in the locker tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

So after two cancelled orders my nexus was delivered to parcel motel yesterday evening! I'm hoping to get it tomorrow.

Now my house mate and friend have asked me to get them one so I put an order in for a black 16 and 32gb today. Even though they went in on the same order when I look at my order history on the play store 1 is showing a status of "pending" and the other a status of "dispatches in 3 - 4 weeks". Did anyone else get 1 with a status of pending? I don't like that status cause it has only ever caused me hassle! I have gotten a confirmation email though so that is a good sign I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭SickBoy

My order got cancelled today because the billing address did not match my delivery address. POOP! :(

Just been dropped off to my local parcel motel.
    Now to get home and get the car and pick her up.
    Then it's a 5 week wait till Christmas when I really get to play with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 BartSim

Patience is a virtue, my friends! ;) My order of my N5 32GB black version has shipped! :):) I see that it has been delivered to Belfast today at 14.41, so now I wonder how long it'll take to deliver the package to my PM. But no rush here ;P Now while I know it works I can wait a few more days, no worries ;)
    I was prepared to wait for the package for at least 2-3 weeks more, so it was a sweet surprise for me ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭IrishStuff09

Then it's a 5 week wait till Christmas when I really get to play with it.

I can feel your pain :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭HellboundIRL

Anyone with a 11/22/13 shipping date still waiting? No charge on the card and still pending while everyone else seems to be getting theirs, getting nervous now.

Just had her there in my hand. Beautiful and it's one of the newer 311versions that seem to be better assembeled.
    It'a gone off to Santy now so the 5 week wait begins.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭aka Dus

lukester wrote: »
    You do realise the Flubit method is outdated now? Flubit only works for purchases on Amazon.

No, but I do now. Thanks!

I just searched around, found that sticky and thought it was a solution. Will just get my pal to order one in the UK and post it to me, can't be dealing with changing addresses on accounts and whatnot.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

I've tried ordering this a few times now with no success.
    I've signed up to Parcel Motel and am using the Belfast address.
    It worked last year on my credit card but that one has expired and it doesn't seem to be allowing me use this one... Confused!
    The good news is that if I could actually order it there's only a 2-3 week wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

Trying to buy here and when setting up Google Wallet I have put the NI Parcel Motel Address and marked it as being my home and shipping address but its looking for a phone number and can't continue without it so any ideas what to put in? Do I even need Google Wallet in order to purchase?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,509 ✭✭✭bren2001

kwestfan08 wrote: »
    Trying to buy here and when setting up Google Wallet I have put the NI Parcel Motel Address and marked it as being my home and shipping address but its looking for a phone number and can't continue without it so any ideas what to put in? Do I even need Google Wallet in order to purchase?

Parcel Motel phone number in NewtonAbbey of course! (that is what I did)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

bren2001 wrote: »
    Parcel Motel phone number in NewtonAbbey of course! (that is what I did)

Thanks for that. Got to ordering and it couldn't process due to a "technical problem". Methinks I've been rumbled, it says that the billing and shipping addresses should match what my bank had on file. Is there anyway around this? I have an Ulster Bank account if it makes any difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Shadow78

When you create the account you have to use a uk number. once account is created there is nothing stopping you going back in and changing the phone number to your irish one. That's what I did.

On the account according problems.
    Had my order cancelled twice on me. Rang the help number and asked them what the story was? Bank had confirmed that all was good on their end. Google helpdesk said they would look into it. Got an email a few days later saying all was good with the account and order again. In the mean time I had ordered a book and a magazine on google play and those had gone through no bother.

Using own address with parcel motel post code and parcel motel delivery address.

haven't had my order cancelled since and hopefully it gets shipped in a couple of weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭NTC

Just got an email from them that my order was cancelled.

They had a hold on the money for 3 weeks!

Advertisement