Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nexus 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 gmr

My order got cancelled two times,used AIB visa card.New UK gmail account.
    google wallet address:irish address with PM pincode and country as UK
    Billing and shipping address:totally PM address with my name.

any help?

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭loadwire

Shadow78 wrote: »
    When you create the account you have to use a uk number. once account is created there is nothing stopping you going back in and changing the phone number to your irish one. That's what I did.

I chanced putting in my Irish number for my order and it went fine. Used my old google account too, just via tunnelbear to see the devices section.

It seems to be pretty random in terms of who gets lucky and who gets cancelled. Maybe there is a human element in terms of checking orders going through, some being more vigilant than others?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 obob24

Ordered my Nexus 5 with tunnel bear on, now I can access all of the google play store without any proxy. Weird but cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭HellboundIRL

My order just shipped today on the estimated shipping date, they took their time with it but happy to have it on it's way at last.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 BartSim

I picked up the package from my PM (Old Cabra Road, next to Topaz gas station) today. I'm very happy owner now ;). Yesterday at 2AM I received an SMS and e-mail from PM that my N5 is ready to collect - I was waiting only 2 days (from first message about shipping from Google to this one).. And after unpacking my first impression is very positive - the smartphone is very beautiful and so freaking fast. Now I have to wait for the case - ordered Spigen Neo Hybrid (Metal Slate) on ebay as well. Happy days! ;) BTW, thanks guys for all Your help - You're the best!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭makoten

Hi guys, I have a question regarding ordering Nexus 5 from the Play Store UK. I'm going to use Parcel Motel. When entering the billing address, can I use the normal Irish address registered to the card, but add a valid UK postal code on the end (i.e. the Parcel Motel), and "UK" as the country? Does billing address have to be a real UK address (i.e. the full Parcel Motel address)? I am worried if Google rejects it, would they flag my account and I won't be able to order with that same/different credit card again?

EDIT: So I tried using Parcel Motel address for both billing and shipping and this is the message I could when trying to order (I see they charged 1 euro on the credit card and it has been refunded after an hour or so):
    Uh oh. There was a problem.
    We couldn't complete your purchase because of a technical issue.

Details of the problem below:
    Sorry, we were unable to process this request. Any charge will be automatically cancelled within 24 hours. Please try again after 24 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

makoten wrote: »
    Hi guys, I have a question regarding ordering Nexus 5 from the Play Store UK. I'm going to use Parcel Motel. When entering the billing address, can I use the normal Irish address registered to the card, but add a valid UK postal code on the end (i.e. the Parcel Motel), and "UK" as the country?

That is what I did. Used Parcel Motel post code. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

I used the entire NI parcel motel address as my billing address and it worked fine for me.

There appears to be an element of luck required no matter what you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭shaneor

So I think I did everything right but still got order cancelled immediately when I submitted it

What I did was
    1) Used tunnelbear for UK IP
    2) Created new gmail account with country set to UK (I had to use my irish phone to verify it though!)
    3) Added my Visa debit to google wallet using parcel motel Belfast as billing address
    4) Order through play store using parcel motel Belfast as shipping address

So is this when it just comes down to luck and I'm all out?
    Or anything else worth trying? The only mention of ireland was in the mobile number verifying my gmail account but can't see a way around that.

I was after getting my hopes up as well! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Shadow78

shaneor wrote: »
    So I think I did everything right but still got order cancelled immediately when I submitted it

What I did was
    2) Created new gmail account with country set to UK (I had to use my irish phone to verify it though!)
    3) Added my Visa debit to google wallet using parcel motel Belfast as billing address

Or anything else worth trying? The only mention of ireland was in the mobile number verifying my gmail account but can't see a way around that.

Verify with your bank that there is no problem at their end. Then ring googles support number and get them to check what the problem is. You could also put in a small order for a book or magazine on the account. Might make the account look a bit better. Rather than bran new account thats only order is the nexus 5 straight away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭HellboundIRL

shaneor wrote: »

What I did was

That's exactly what I did and it has worked twice for me now with an AIB visa debit, the only thing I didn't do was verify my number with google but I doubt that makes much of a difference.

Just seems to be luck sometimes unfortunately, maybe give it a week and try again to see.

Shadow78 wrote: »
    Verify with your bank that there is no problem at their end. Then ring googles support number and get them to check what the problem is. You could also put in a small order for a book or magazine on the account. Might make the account look a bit better. Rather than bran new account thats only order is the nexus 5 straight away.

Yeah thought of that so I ordered a TV show no problems earlier. Will try again tomorrow and if no luck ring my bank on Monday.

Fingers crossed!

That's exactly what I did and it has worked twice for me now with an AIB visa debit, the only thing I didn't do was verify my number with google but I doubt that makes much of a difference.

Just seems to be luck sometimes unfortunately, maybe give it a week and try again to see.

I'm BOI rather than AIB but doubt that would make a major difference. How did you avoid verifying your number? It asks for a number when you create an account to verify your identity and I didn't see any options to skip it!

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭kierancos

Thinking of getting an uncle from New York to bring a Nexus 5 home with him at Christmas for myself. Does anyone know if it would work over here? I've heard that the only problem is the 4G which wouldn't be a big deal I suppose. Can anyone confirm? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Fungums

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

kierancos wrote: »
    Thinking of getting an uncle from New York to bring a Nexus 5 home with him at Christmas for myself. Does anyone know if it would work over here? I've heard that the only problem is the 4G which wouldn't be a big deal I suppose. Can anyone confirm? Thanks

Will work fine but you are correct about the 4G not working here.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭kierancos

I think no 4G is not compromise considering its only 300$ (260€), what do you think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 539 ✭✭✭iDann

How much did everyone pay in euro for a 16gb version? Can't find an answer in the thread

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Shadow78

iDann wrote: »
    How much did everyone pay in euro for a 16gb version? Can't find an answer in the thread

Around the 370 mark

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭IrishStuff09

Anyone got the UK number for Parcel Motel?

• Advertisement

In a bit of a dilemma here with ordering a White 16GB N5.

Shipping Address = Parcel Motel, Antrim

Billing Address = My Irish address w/ PM post code

RESULT: Cancelled

Shipping Address = Parcel Motel, Antrim
    Billing Address = Parcel Motel, Antrim

RESULT: Cancelled

Trying to order with Irish Ulster Bank Debit Card. Any ideas??

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭MickeyD

Same happening for me - I'm going to try ring my bank tomorrow to change my debit card address to the PM shipping address temporarily.

Are you buying with a credit or debit card?

4j2rvHV.png

EDIT: Seriously getting p*ssed at this. And I do want the phone, another isn't really an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭MickeyD

visa debit

Same here, UB Visa Debit. I don't think changing your address on a debit card is as easy as a credit. It was mentioned here a month or two back I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

So there's still no word of a legitimate Irish source for this phone?

So there's still no word of a legitimate Irish source for this phone?

Expansys, but a high mark-up
    http://www.expansys.ie/google-nexus-5-16gb-black-255498/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

Are you buying with a credit or debit card?

4j2rvHV.png

EDIT: Seriously getting p*ssed at this. And I do want the phone, another isn't really an option.

Have you rang them? Once I rang them and asked them was there an issue/ what did they need for the order to go through it sorted itself out and I was able to order one.

Also I rang my bank to ask them about changing my billing address. PTSB said Google would have to physically call to confirm the billing address was correct and it was unlikely (they put a note on my account anyway to allow my actual address be used with a uk post code and end in "United Kingdom")

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

Has anyone rang any Carphone Warehouse or the like in NI to see if they would have any in stock? If i cant get it ordered this week I might just pop up and buy one because after that and you'd be cutting it fine for christmas delivery I'd imagine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭duiggers

The Fonez store in galway in eyre square stocks the phone, heres a fb link

https://www.facebook.com/FonezOnline

Advertisement