Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nexus 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Shadow78

Just got confirmation today that mine has shipped. Had been due for shipping on the 11/12/13.

My order had been cancelled twice before and had to ring Google play help department toget them to sort out whatever was stopping the order from going through.

Parcel motel as shipping address with own address for billing with parcel motels postcode

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭kierancos

From what I know he certainly won't be able to.

There are two versions. North America and Rest of World. I'm nearly sure Canada is 'Rest of World' model!

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭fungie

peejay1986 wrote: »
    Just out of curiosity, how would I go about using the warranty on the device? What would be the process since it was bought from the UK store?

Mine came damaged and got it replaced no problem from google.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭makoten

kierancos wrote: »
    There are two versions. North America and Rest of World. I'm nearly sure Canada is 'Rest of World' model!

But Canada is technically part of North America.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

kierancos wrote: »

Not from what I'm reading.

http://www.androidcentral.com/nexus-5-models-whats-different-between-two
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2477027&page=21

2 Pages of interest.

D820 for USA
    D821 for ROW.

Can google a bit more to make sure tho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭peejay1986

fungie wrote: »
    Mine came damaged and got it replaced no problem from google.

What was the process involved? Did you have to post the phone back and await a new one? Much of a delay?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 gmr

mine got shipped today,received an email.
    Ordered 32GB Black version on 23/11/2013.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭IrishStuff09

Getting me excited! Ordering tomorrow, which I presume has a chance of getting shipped alongside previous orders. Just ordered a SPIGEN case. http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00FJJ38HY/ref=ox_ya_os_product

What was the process involved? Did you have to post the phone back and await a new one? Much of a delay?

They sent me out a new one then I posted the broken one back to them with the addressed package they sent out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭peejay1986

fungie wrote: »
    They sent me out a new one then I posted the broken one back to them with the addressed package they sent out.

That'd be ideal. How'd you contact them about it?

• Advertisement

That'd be ideal. How'd you contact them about it?

using the google play store

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭MickeyD

Still not working for me after i changed my billing and shipping address to PM and rang my bank to change my card address. Get an instant decline with a message saying 'Sorry, we were unable to process this request. Any charge will be automatically cancelled within 24 hours. Please try again after 24 hours.'

Really annoying, think I'll just give in and get a different phone.

Edit: interestingly enough I was able to buy a magazine no problem, even when my address was set to my address with PM post code so there might be some block from buying devices on my account.

MickeyD wrote: »
    Still not working for me after i changed my billing and shipping address to PM and rang my bank to change my card address. Get an instant decline with a message saying 'Sorry, we were unable to process this request. Any charge will be automatically cancelled within 24 hours. Please try again after 24 hours.'

Really annoying, think I'll just give in and get a different phone.

Edit: interestingly enough I was able to buy a magazine no problem, even when my address was set to my address with PM post code so there might be some block from buying devices on my account.

Exact same issue as me, currently on the phone to Google for the second time after the first call where they had apparently lifted the restriction not allowing me to buy devices....Will update you

*cries*
    Thank you for contacting Google. After further review, it has come to our attention that your recent Device order(s) does not comply with the Google Play Terms of Sale for Devices. Google reserves the right to reject your order if you do not live in a country from which Devices may be purchased via the Google Play store or if you order more than the permitted maximum number of Devices. As a result, your recent Device order(s) has been rejected.

Please note that any future Device order attempts that do no comply with Terms of Sale may result in account suspension.

We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced and we thank you for your cooperation.
    If you have any more questions, please reply to this email. I'm happy to help!

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭MickeyD

I might try with a brand new account (there were points where i was using my account outside the vpn) but I'm sure my card has been flagged as well as the account. Looks like they're getting even more strict!

MickeyD wrote: »
    I might try with a brand new account (there were points where i was using my account outside the vpn) but I'm sure my card has been flagged as well as the account. Looks like they're getting even more strict!

Just tried that and nothing. The woman on the phone didn't even find my new account in the system...

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭kierancos

Just had relative in NY who's coming home for Christmas, order Nexus 5 16GB. Seems to be the only option at the moment!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Tragedy

I sold my N5 on Adverts and bought an LG G2 off ebay UK.

I miss Kitkat a hell of a lot, but the battery and screen on the G2 are absolutely phenomenal next to the N5 - and the camera is far superior.

16GB G2's are starting to sell for the low £300's new in the UK, so it might be an alternative to people frustrated by the N5 ordering process.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

I ordered a black 16gb and 32gb for a friend on the 20th. Got the shipping notification today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

After being frustrated no end trying to buy a N5 im just going to give up and buy a HTC One tomorrow. Feck it, im sure the Nexus is a great phone but just can't be doing with all the hoop jumping anymore.

• Advertisement

I too have given up on the Nexus 5 this side of Christmas. I went ahead and got a Nexus 7 in Curry's for €249, or €219 after Cash back.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Order my 16GB Black last Sunday (24/11) and it arrived yesterday.

Billing & Shipping address as Parcel Motel UK address.

Absolutely loving it so far, big step up from my old 3GS!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Frisbee wrote: »
    Order my 16GB Black last Sunday (24/11) and it arrived yesterday.

Billing & Shipping address as Parcel Motel UK address.

Absolutely loving it so far, big step up from my old 3GS!

Is the black 32GB back in stock!?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

No idea, didn't even check, 16GB is plenty for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,267 ✭✭✭emo72

Lads I have a problem with the phone losing the signal. Every now and again it switches to "emergency calls only". Have to put it into aeroplane mode to reconnect to mobile signal. Google shows a fair few people with the same problem. Anyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

emo72 wrote: »
    Lads I have a problem with the phone losing the signal. Every now and again it switches to "emergency calls only". Have to put it into aeroplane mode to reconnect to mobile signal. Google shows a fair few people with the same problem. Anyone else.

Happens to me a good bit too and this is on my replacement. Have to say at this point I'm very unhappy with the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Evil_g

emo72 wrote: »

Is the sim card loose/worn/dirty?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,267 ✭✭✭emo72

Evil_g wrote: »
    Is the sim card loose/worn/dirty?

Yeah, it's not a sim problem, a lot of people wouldn't even know it's happening. It might regain the signal itself before you notice it missing. Had the same problem with nexus 4. Tis common enough problem so it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭yllw.ldbttr

Slightly off topic but I'm hoping to get a steer from any Nexus 5 owners.

I've had a Samsung Galaxy S4 since June, nice phone but not really doing it for me after years of iPhones.

I'm in the US next week and tempted to pick up a Nexus 5.
    How would it compare to the S4? Has anyone used both?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Evil_g

Slightly off topic but I'm hoping to get a steer from any Nexus 5 owners.

I've had a Samsung Galaxy S4 since June, nice phone but not really doing it for me after years of iPhones.

I'm in the US next week and tempted to pick up a Nexus 5.
    How would it compare to the S4? Has anyone used both?

I haven't taken delivery of mine yet (should arrive tomorrow) but the US version will not work on European (including Irish) LTE networks.

Advertisement