Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nexus 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭theroomisonfire

Huge issues trying to get Google to ship it to here. You will have to post it to Google a d use parcel motel to receive email the replacement.
    My one just started to develop bad backlight bleeding in the top left corner and has what looks like a lens flare spot right in front of where the phone normally warms up :(

I was on to Google but can't start an RMA yet because my card is maxed out so they can't put a hold on it, I'll have to do it in January. Does anyone know if there are any issues with sending it back or getting one shipped to here through the RMA process?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭positron

stevenf17 wrote: »

Thanks, couple of hours in a bag of rice and phone seems to be okay now. Phew!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 what would you do

Hi all,

Does anyone know if Carphone Warehouse stores in the North actually have the nexus 5 in stock? Tried calling most of them today (many times) but not one of my calls was answered!!

Was thinking of taking a spin up on saturday...

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭writhen

Hi all,

Does anyone know if Carphone Warehouse stores in the North actually have the nexus 5 in stock? Tried calling most of them today (many times) but not one of my calls was answered!!

Was thinking of taking a spin up on saturday...

Was in CPW Newry on Tuesday and they only had white.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Does any one know of a good, strong, protective case that also covers over the screen? I'd ideally like something like the Spigen Slim Armour for the S4 but obviously for the Nexus 5. Going skiing in a few weeks and would rather not destroy my phone when I fall, which will happen, a lot.

• Advertisement

Thanks for that writhen...looking for a black one, belfast maybe...

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭NeitherJohn

I'm getting mine on Monday when herselfs brother brings it back from UK when he's home for Christmas!

I've got to get a micro sim in the Meteor shop. Anyone know how long it takes for the number to swap to the new SIM?

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭strongback

I'm getting mine on Monday when herselfs brother brings it back from UK when he's home for Christmas!

I've got to get a micro sim in the Meteor shop. Anyone know how long it takes for the number to swap to the new SIM?

Ask Meteor for a micro sim with an adapter so you can use it with your old phone as well as the Nexus. This way you can use a micro sim in your old phone straight away and when you get your new phone just change the sim over.

The sim adapters are free in Meteor.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭HellboundIRL

eJhncYR.jpg

This is what my Nexus developed suddenly after a month or so, those 2 blue circles and the backlight bleeding from the volume rocker is much worse than it was. Anyone have anything similar happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

I'd send that back Hellbound (or get on to Play support anyway)

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,852 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

No lightbleed or anything issues with mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 obob24

Does any one know of a good, strong, protective case that also covers over the screen? I'd ideally like something like the Spigen Slim Armour for the S4 but obviously for the Nexus 5. Going skiing in a few weeks and would rather not destroy my phone when I fall, which will happen, a lot.

They actually sell Spigen Slim Armour for the Nexus 5. I've ordered it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

obob24 wrote: »
    They actually sell Spigen Slim Armour for the Nexus 5. I've ordered it.

The one for the nexus 5 doesn't cover over the screen like it does on the s4.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

I'm using the neo hybrid at the moment and I find it great. Also have another spigen one which names escapes me right now but the neo hybrid is a lot less bulky and offers a good level of protection.

Does anybody know if the CPW's in Belfast have it in stock? Still can't get an answer from any store up there!!!

Looking for a 16gb, black ...

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Does anybody know if the CPW's in Belfast have it in stock? Still can't get an answer from any store up there!!!

Looking for a 16gb, black ...

Cheers.

Posted 3 days ago
    writhen wrote: »
    Was in CPW Newry on Tuesday and they only had white.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

MickeyD wrote: »
    amazon has free shipping but they charge you irish VAT so it works out at about 400e. It's about 370e direct from play inc shipping costs (16gb model).

Have you a link for one? I tried a few on Amazon.co.uk & .com and they won't ship to my address (Dublin)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

I really wanted one of these but I've settled on a Moto G instead.

Where did you buy?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Where did you buy?

Tesco Direct (England)
    You can get it here in the Meteor/Eircom/eMobile shops for €150 for the 8GB model.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

Just got delivery off this crowd through Amazon. Turns out it's a US model, which they made no mention of :mad:

Apart from LTE, will the phone function as normal??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cgarrad

Gryzor wrote: »
    Just got delivery off this crowd through Amazon. Turns out it's a US model, which they made no mention of :mad:

Yeah, everything will work fine.

Grand, LTE's not a biggy for me...probably affect resale value though...I assume I'll be in a sticky situation should I need a warranty claim aswell??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cgarrad

Possibly. Its probably a VAT scam by the reseller on Amazon.

Definitely tell Amazon.

Gryzor wrote: »

It does say on the ad it's the LG-D820, which is the US one. The LG-D821 is what you need.

Pity though, easy not to spot that.

Yeah, it's my fault, I presumed :rolleyes:

But a bit sneaky by the seller, should have been clearer methinks...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

Similarly wanted one but settled for the LG G2, which is similar except for better specs, got the Moto G as well, super Phone as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭hooplah

Has anyone got phone insurance for their nexus 5? Thinking about it since screen repairs seem to be quite pricey. Are the issues around ordering in Ireland likely to be a problem?

A friend had it a few years ago and said that red tape made it so to make a claim that it was pretty worthless. Is there any provider people would reccomend?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

hooplah wrote: »
    Has anyone got phone insurance for their nexus 5? Thinking about it since screen repairs seem to be quite pricey. Are the issues around ordering in Ireland likely to be a problem?

A friend had it a few years ago and said that red tape made it so to make a claim that it was pretty worthless. Is there any provider people would reccomend?

I'm with Vodafone and their cover is for a similarly priced handset. Means they'll replace it with whatever heap is going at the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Hey all,
    Did anyone get a wireless charger for their N5 today?? I did and I can't for the life of me get it to charge my N5 or my N4?? Anyone else in the same boat?

Advertisement