Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nexus 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

madmoe wrote: »
    Hey all,
    Did anyone get a wireless charger for their N5 today?? I did and I can't for the life of me get it to charge my N5 or my N4?? Anyone else in the same boat?

Have you enabled wireless charging in the settings?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

madmoe wrote: »
    Hey all,
    Did anyone get a wireless charger for their N5 today?? I did and I can't for the life of me get it to charge my N5 or my N4?? Anyone else in the same boat?

Got the charger and the official lg flip cover.
    Works perfectly for me, with/without the cover. Surprised how strong the magnets are especially in comparison to the orb charger and my old n4 which worked but would slide if it got dirty.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Nope.....but I will now and thanks! The magnets are really strong even on the Nexus 4.

Cheers,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Cannot find any settings!? Where are they located??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

Gryzor wrote: »
    Just got delivery off this crowd through Amazon. Turns out it's a US model, which they made no mention of :mad:

Apart from LTE, will the phone function as normal??

Seller agreed to refund after I return it, can't ask for more than that.

Chanced my arm on the play store, got shipping confirmation this morning :D
    Am I looking at about a week before I get it in my mits??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Tango One

Is anyone else having an issue with their nexus not syncing the phone book to their car bluetooth?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Gokei

Tango One wrote: »
    Is anyone else having an issue with their nexus not syncing the phone book to their car bluetooth?

Mine syncs no problem

Won't sync with the radio in my astra. It just says no phone book available. Beside that I'm happy with the phone only got it Christmas. Battery life is so much better after flashing Francos kernel too.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I got my Nexus 5 \o/
    Upgrading from a Nexus S so huge difference!
    Next thing is to buy a wireless charger!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭mondeo

Congrats ;-)
    Moonbeam wrote: »
    I got my Nexus 5 \o/
    Upgrading from a Nexus S so huge difference!
    Next thing is to buy a wireless charger!

• Advertisement

It's started to sync today for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭NeitherJohn

Anybody had any trouble getting a computer to recognize their Nexus 5?

I've uninstalled and reinstalled and restarted in between countless times and can't get it to show up in my computer.

Running Windows 7!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Won't sync with the radio in my astra. It just says no phone book available. Beside that I'm happy with the phone only got it Christmas. Battery life is so much better after flashing Francos kernel too.

What kind of astra you got? Is it the factory bluetooth? I thought mine the same at first but if you keep an eye on the phone it will show a pop up after a few minutes about accessing the contacts and logs. Click yes but also the box for never ask again. But to use the phone via the radio you need to unlock it manually after it connects to the bluetooth. Bloody annoying if it's in your pocket.

It a 2013 astra with factory bluetooth. It started to sync today after it requested access to the phone book.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Anybody had any trouble getting a computer to recognize their Nexus 5?

I've uninstalled and reinstalled and restarted in between countless times and can't get it to show up in my computer.

Running Windows 7!
    Nope, but I don't have any windows pcs to try it with either.

So can any of you recommend any wireless chargers?

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭D_turbo

Might be the wrong place?

But anybody gone from the NExus 4 to Nexus 5?

Is it worth the Change? MY nexus 4 is still very clean and no issues, just wondering is it a bit of waste should i just hold out till i have suffiecent reason to change?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,852 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

D_turbo wrote: »

Is it worth the Change? MY nexus 4 is still very clean and no issues, just wondering is it a bit of waste should i just hold out till i have suffiecent reason to change?

I would wait if I were you, especially if your N4 is still working fine. It'll be worth it in 9 months time when you are getting excited about your new Nexus then ahead of release time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Eponymous

Similarly wanted one but settled for the LG G2, which is similar except for better specs, got the Moto G as well, super Phone as well.
    I'm caught between G2 and N5. How are you liking the G2?

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭stevenf17

D_turbo wrote: »

Install the nexus 5 launcher on your 4 and see what you think of it!

http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/11/13/how-to-try-the-google-experience-launcher-with-translucent-bars-and-google-now-once-you-get-your-kitkat-update-apk-download/

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭D_turbo

stevenf17 wrote: »

will give it a go :D

any one care to share where they baught theres?
    mate needs a new phone and would like the nexus 5, or buy my nexus 4 if i go to the 5:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,545 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Got the wife an N5 for her bday and she's been setting it up tonight. The call forwarding on notification is on all the time even though she can make and receive calls fine. How can it be gotten rid?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cgarrad

KevIRL wrote: »
    Got the wife an N5 for her bday and she's been setting it up tonight. The call forwarding on notification is on all the time even though she can make and receive calls fine. How can it be gotten rid?

Call forwarding/diversion
    Command string
    Description
    ##002#
    Unregister all call diversions
    **004*PhoneNumber#
    Set all configured call diversions to PhoneNumber
    ##004#
    Unregister all configured call diversions
    **21*PhoneNumber#
    Register and activate divert all calls to PhoneNumber
    *21#
    Activate divert all calls
    #21#
    Deactivate divert all calls
    ##21#
    Unregister divert all calls
    *#21#
    Check status of divert all calls
    **61*PhoneNumber#
    Register and activate divert on no answer to PhoneNumber
    *61#
    Activate divert on no answer
    #61#
    Deactivate divert on no answer
    ##61#
    Unregister divert on no answer
    *#61#
    Check status of divert on no answer
    **62*PhoneNumber#
    Register and activate divert on not reachable
    *62#
    Activate divert on not reachable
    #62#
    Deactivate divert on not reachable
    ##62#
    Unregister divert on not reachable
    *#62#
    Check status of divert on not reachable
    **67*PhoneNumber#
    Register and activate divert on busy
    *67#
    Activate divert on busy
    #67#
    Deactivate divert on busy
    ##67#
    Unregister divert on busy
    *#67#
    Check status of divert on busy
    **Function**Seconds#
    Delay at diversion may be altered 5-30 sek

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭strongback

I have an Nexus 4, I got the missus a Nexus 5 for Christmas as her old phone died. She is waiting for Tesco to send out a micro sim and in the meantime has been using my old Galaxy S2. I picked up the S2 today for the first time in a while and was blown away by the vibrancy of the screens colours. Holding the S2 up to the to the N5 does make the Nexus screen look a bit washed out.

I know the Nexus phones are a lot better value, which is why I bought them, but my view is they aren't as well made as the S2, S3 or S4.

Does anybody else find native Androids phone and text setup fairly basic? I seem to hit redial by mistake more than I would expect.

Also does anybody know if there is a way of killing all apps with a single button push?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

strongback wrote: »
    I have an Nexus 4, I got the missus a Nexus 5 for Christmas as her old phone died. She is waiting for Tesco to send out a micro sim and in the meantime has been using my old Galaxy S2. I picked up the S2 today for the first time in a while and was blown away by the vibrancy of the screens colours. Holding the S2 up to the to the N5 does make the Nexus screen look a bit washed out.

I know the Nexus phones are a lot better value, which is why I bought them, but my view is they aren't as well made as the S2, S3 or S4.

Does anybody else find native Androids phone and text setup fairly basic? I seem to hit redial by mistake more than I would expect.

Also does anybody know if there is a way of killing all apps with a single button push?

I take it you are a user new to Android, the beauty of Android is that you can change what you don't like. Download a new sms app and dialer app in the Play store.

Also, why do you want to kill apps, this goes completely against the way Android works.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

strongback wrote: »

It should be noteed that the samsung phones use a completely different type of screen technology called Amoled, the colors on those screens are artificially pumped way up and most LCD screens dont look so well when compered head to head.
    That does not mean the lcd is not as good, just that compered to over blown amoleds they can come arcoss as lacking.

Also the text systen is supposed to be basic use a third party app for added bling

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭youngblood

Anyone recommend a good dialer app?
    The one preinstalled is a little awkward?

Have installed handcent messenger, much better

Also noticed that theres an alert/or some such app alert occasionally, is this google now?

What kind of astra you got? Is it the factory bluetooth? I thought mine the same at first but if you keep an eye on the phone it will show a pop up after a few minutes about accessing the contacts and logs. Click yes but also the box for never ask again. But to use the phone via the radio you need to unlock it manually after it connects to the bluetooth. Bloody annoying if it's in your pocket.
    The whole manual unlock is getting very annoying. Did you find any fix for it?.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

The whole manual unlock is getting very annoying. Did you find any fix for it?.

Nope! I've used a HTC One, Note 3 without issue with the car but the Nexus 4 and 5 have both needed to be unlocked once connected to transfer content.

I've been caught out a few times now thinking someone had been hung up on and me saying something only to find they are still on the other end of the phone...

LOL that hasn't happen to me yet

I might try flash CM11 or another ROM to see if it works any better, when I get a chance. The stock ROM has be grand bar this bluetooth/astra problem so a little hesitant to flash a custom ROM . I've already flashed Francos kernel and it has greatly increase battery life.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

My nexus 5 battery life is terrible. It's been awful since day one. I'm barely getting a day of general use out of it. My S3 I could get nearly two days no problem. It's at a stage where I'm restricting my usage just to get through the day. I've tweaked all the settings just to get the day out of it.

I've done a factory reset to test if it was an app but there's been no improvement. I am seriously considering changing to a different handset. Hugely disappointed.

I might give Francos kernel a try Tango One - any advise on flashing it, or just flash as normal?

Advertisement