Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nexus 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

My wife is looking the LG Quick Cover Case for her Nexus 5.

https://play.google.com/store/devices/details/LG_QuickCover_for_Nexus_5_White_Grey?id=lg_nexus_5_case_white

But they are looking £11 shipping, making it around £37 shipped.

Anyone found cheaper elsewhere or is Play the only option?

Now there is a 25% discount on the process so this does offset the shipping somewhat I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭RobTheLad

Anybody able to recommend any cases for the N5. Previously used Otterbox case's on my phones, but they don't seem to do a range for the Nexus, preferably something similar to them, Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

RobTheLad wrote: »
    Anybody able to recommend any cases for the N5. Previously used Otterbox case's on my phones, but they don't seem to do a range for the Nexus, preferably something similar to them, Thanks!

Have a couple of the Spigen ones - decent quality and cheap enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭projectgtr

I have this one cant fault it really, it protects it well and i print out and change the rear picture every so often so it feels like a new case :D plus its VERY reasonable and includes a screen protector

61veqxRTVcL._SL1000_.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Pique

Have a couple of the Spigen ones - decent quality and cheap enough.

Can't knock the spigen slim.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

yep use that case too (for nexus 4 and 5) often get asked where did I get it as its nice to look at and feels nice in the hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 what would you do

Finally got my Nexus 5, loving it. Was using a Galaxy Nexus up to now. CPW in Newry have the black in stock again.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭RobTheLad

Thank's guy's, after finding this seller on Donedeal doing the Spigen cases for €15 delivered, so went for one of these :)

http://www.donedeal.ie/phones-for-sale/spigen-slimarmor-lg-google-nexus-5-cases/6329430

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Got my Nexus 5 from the Google Play store, picked it up from Parcel Motel on Saturday.

Anyway, so far so good. The phone is excellent, and the LTE from 3 is working great so far, whenever I can get it. Have most of my apps loaded onto, and will have to start looking for some new ones as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Niveus Tauri

anyone got a wireless charger from Google play ? any opinions ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

My brother bought me one for Xmas from the states! I like it and use it when I can but having a US plug on the end is annoying and I use it less often because of this. The magnet on the charger is strong and the phones sticks well to it. It charges fast enough and it's small and unobtrusive.

Cheers,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Yeah I got one and its good but I do sometimes find that its a bit exact about the way the phone needs to be placed on it in that you can put the phone down and it might be just ever so slightly misaligned to the point where it wont charge but the magnet is gripping the phone so its not obvious that it wasn't charging. This morning for example I woke up to the phone beeping and telling me to connect a charger but it had been on the wireless one all night; I gave it a slight nudge and then the charging kicked in.

JohnK wrote: »
    Yeah I got one and its good but I do sometimes find that its a bit exact about the way the phone needs to be placed on it in that you can put the phone down and it might be just ever so slightly misaligned to the point where it wont charge but the magnet is gripping the phone so its not obvious that it wasn't charging. This morning for example I woke up to the phone beeping and telling me to connect a charger but it had been on the wireless one all night; I gave it a slight nudge and then the charging kicked in.

I would have to agree exactly on this rather annoying problem!!

JohnK wrote: »

i was thinking 4 magnets are there to allign charging circuit on a phone with charger . so that idea didnt worked well i see.

A lucky opportunity has gotten me two 32Gb Nexus 5's here in Canada! One black and one white.. I'll be back in Ireland next week so have to device which colour I'll keep and which one to sell!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I got a wireless charger finally but it doesn't work with the phone cover on:(
    At least I will stop breaking usb cables.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I wanted an otterbox to protect it from the kids,I got an i-blason on amazon and it is pretty kid proof and well protects it from me too:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Sacramento wrote: »
    A lucky opportunity has gotten me two 32Gb Nexus 5's here in Canada! One black and one white.. I'll be back in Ireland next week so have to device which colour I'll keep and which one to sell!

I would check that the 4G bands are the same in Ireland as they are in Canada. I know the US version of the Nexus 5 won't work on 4G over here. I would think the Canadian one would be the same. So I would check that out.

wes wrote: »
    I would check that the 4G bands are the same in Ireland as they are in Canada. I know the US version of the Nexus 5 won't work on 4G over here. I would think the Canadian one would be the same. So I would check that out.

I'm not too worried as I live in Vancouver, just back for a visit. Should still be able to sell the one I don't want on! Cheers though!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Moonbeam wrote: »

Mine works fine with the Spigen case on it.

• Advertisement

Moonbeam wrote: »

what case have you got ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

So how exactly do you buy one of these things? When I go to the store it just tells me it's not available in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭lynchie

wes wrote: »

You are right, the model sold in Canada is the D820 which uses different LTE bands than here.

i was thinking 4 magnets are there to allign charging circuit on a phone with charger . so that idea didnt worked well i see.

Here is what we need guys , Panasonic charging Pad , charging part inside the pad is moving and it aligns itself to the phone .

http://youtu.be/JiofGwT6LWw

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭projectgtr

danthefan wrote: »
    So how exactly do you buy one of these things? When I go to the store it just tells me it's not available in Ireland.

You can't its impossible.......... I swear .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭youngblood

Any thoughts on the I blazon battery case for the nexus?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 A1an006

danthefan wrote: »

http://www.amazon.com/Nexus-Wireless-Charger-Smartphones-Tablets/dp/B00GN1YKBU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1390926997&sr=8-1&keywords=nexus+wireless+charger

Order mine on the 17th and got it on the 27th. Personally I think it works well. Anyone who has problems with knowing whether it charges or not should download an app called LightFlow. You can set the phone's LED to come on when charging, so you know if you have it on the charger properly or not. Or get the latest version of CM 11, that works better :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

Bored of my N5 already :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭DisasterIRL

Just leaving this from my new nexus 5. Had trouble with the proxy on a few different devices so just went with Amazon. Chuffed so far and thanks for all the help

• Advertisement

Stuxnet wrote: »
    Bored of my N5 already :eek:

I have Omnimetal ROM on my Galaxy Nexus and seriously thinking about putting it on my N5 as well ;-)

Advertisement