Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nexus 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭IrishStuff09

Aodhagan wrote: »
    I'm sure s/he is going to have the phone longer than a few months. Make the phone better future proof by getting one that has 4G working.

Yeah, I agree. But for €100 less, I'd sacrifice 4G. Depends on if the user wants it or not. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Aodhagan wrote: »
    I'm sure s/he is going to have the phone longer than a few months. Make the phone better future proof by getting one that has 4G working.

Also if he wants to sell it in the future it it will be worth less.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭beanian

An update on sourcing a wireless charger:
    I ordered from Google UK using Tunnelbear, a UK gmail account and a prepaid credit card.
    Only took two days to deliver and this thing is AWESOME!

I have it mounted vertically om the side of the bed so I just slap it on there at the end of the day and it starts charging.
    Thinking of getting one for the car also, the magnets have a strong enough grip so it should be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

beanian wrote: »
    An update on sourcing a wireless charger:
    I ordered from Google UK using Tunnelbear, a UK gmail account and a prepaid credit card.
    Only took two days to deliver and this thing is AWESOME!

I have it mounted vertically om the side of the bed so I just slap it on there at the end of the day and it starts charging.
    Thinking of getting one for the car also, the magnets have a strong enough grip so it should be ok.

Can you not get it from the Irish playstore yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Triangla

Yeah, I agree. But for €100 less, I'd sacrifice 4G. Depends on if the user wants it or not. :)

But two fully loaded for Irish use. Sell one when you get back to reduce the price of the first.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

For anyone who likes the look of the official bumper covers but is put off by the price (over €30, ridiculous) - these ones are excellent:

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/221378689241?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

In no way affiliated with the seller, but I got mine today (10 days delivery) and I'm very happy with it. Fits snug and looks great. Free screen protector with it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Hey guys, should receive my Nexus 5 tomorrow.

What's the best protective case to get? I like the look of this one:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/CUSHION-Anti-Scratch-Japanese-Protector-Graphics/dp/B00FJJ38HY/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=1OGOOM2BPYVXW&coliid=IVX3ELM4TL5TC

Also, what's the best wireless charger to get that has a fast charge but won't cost too much?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭projectgtr

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Hey guys, should receive my Nexus 5 tomorrow.

What's the best protective case to get? I like the look of this one:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/CUSHION-Anti-Scratch-Japanese-Protector-Graphics/dp/B00FJJ38HY/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=1OGOOM2BPYVXW&coliid=IVX3ELM4TL5TC

Also, what's the best wireless charger to get that has a fast charge but won't cost too much?

I've got that case , its perfect fit and had saved the phone a couple times, phone looks factory fresh out of the case. Quite cheap too.

projectgtr wrote: »
    I've got that case , its perfect fit and had saved the phone a couple times, phone looks factory fresh out of the case. Quite cheap too.

Good sheet. Was just about to order it right there on Amazon but delivery makes it a bit dearer to Ireland. Anywhere else cheaper to get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 A1an006

Fieldog wrote: »
    Can you not get it from the Irish playstore yet?

https://play.google.com/store/devices/details?id=nexus_wireless_charger

You can today! Not sure when this happened but glad it did :D it's priced at €39.99.

• Advertisement

A1an006 wrote: »
    https://play.google.com/store/devices/details?id=nexus_wireless_charger

You can today! Not sure when this happened but glad it did :D it's priced at €39.99.

Just ordered one of them last night too. Couldn't have a device with such awesome capabilities and NOT be able to use them! :D

I chose standard delivery over express. Anyone know who this will be delivered with, a courier or An Post?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Just ordered one of them last night too. Couldn't have a device with such awesome capabilities and NOT be able to use them! :D

I chose standard delivery over express. Anyone know who this will be delivered with, a courier or An Post?

I ordered mine off the Irish Play store at 9am last Thursday and had it in my hand at 1pm the next day, standard shipping (9.99?) selected. Couldn't believe it.

Sorry, just saw you were asking about the carrier. Mine shipped with DHL!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭projectgtr

Good sheet. Was just about to order it right there on Amazon but delivery makes it a bit dearer to Ireland. Anywhere else cheaper to get it?

Cheaper than £7.99 plus shipping , I doubt it, grab some screen protectors to bring it over £10 and get your free shipping

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

What's the best protective case to get?

I got this one

its pretty good although expensive but it does come with two layers of protection and doesn't add too much bulk to the phone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

kingtiger wrote: »
    I got this one

its pretty good although expensive but it does come with two layers of protection and doesn't add too much bulk to the phone

For a few quid more you can get the official bumper case from the Irish play store. Not saying it's any better as I haven't used either but just thought I'd point it out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

Fresh Pots wrote: »
    For a few quid more you can get the official bumper case from the Irish play store. Not saying it's any better as I haven't used either but just thought I'd point it out!

official bumper is overpriced sh1te with a capital S

I only bought this case as otterbox does not make them for the Nexus 5, well happy with it

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭robertdempsey

kingtiger wrote: »
    I got this one

I also bought this one.
    Best case I ever had.

Rob

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Triangla

I got the flip one from the Google play site when I ordered mine.

It's giving Samsung a run for their money on overpricing on cases. Looks excellent though.

It's a great looking phone all in all. I had Samsung Galaxy S4 with flip case before the Nexus 5.

Nexus 5 looks and feels a hell of a lot better. Matt black finish is cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

I got this Terrapin case for just under a tenner after shipping: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00GDO9512

But spotted this slightly cheaper one: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00FOAK9CK
    Edit: ah it seems no delivery over here.

I ordered mine off the Irish Play store at 9am last Thursday and had it in my hand at 1pm the next day, standard shipping (9.99?) selected. Couldn't believe it.

Sorry, just saw you were asking about the carrier. Mine shipped with DHL!

Holy ****! :eek: I will be mad impressed if I get that tomorrow or even Friday! Ordered it last night. Just received my Nexus 5 via DPD today too :D

• Advertisement

Anyone know if it's possible to use tap & pay here?

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭The lips

Just ordered one of these for free when signing up to a new plan with meteor.

The lips wrote: »
    Just ordered one of these for free when signing up to a new plan with meteor.

That's where I got mine :D Ordered Thursday night. Received it this morning :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

For those not aware, available from the Irish Play Store.

Nexus Wireless Charger
    Wireless charging for your Nexus devices.

€39.99

https://play.google.com/store/devices/details/Nexus_Wireless_Charger?id=nexus_wireless_charger

---

Nexus_Wireless_Charger.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Anyone know if it's possible to use tap & pay here?

No.

No.

Awh okay shame. My VISA debit card never came with that function for some reason so was hoping could do it with the phone :p

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭murfilein

ha, i went to the play store the other day to check for an app, and saw the nexus 5 being advertised. i ordered on a friday, got the phone delivered the following monday already! woohoo!

murfilein wrote: »
    ha, i went to the play store the other day to check for an app, and saw the nexus 5 being advertised. i ordered on a friday, got the phone delivered the following monday already! woohoo!

haha I was pretty much the same. Went on play store a week or 2 ago and was like awh ye thats a nice phone. I need a new phone. Then never thought any more of it until I went onto Meteor site to see what phones they had on billpay and seen the Nexus 5 there. Was like AWHH YEAHHHH :D

Hope you're enjoying your new phone btw, I sure am :D

Time to root it now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭murfilein

haha I was pretty much the same. Went on play store a week or 2 ago and was like awh ye thats a nice phone. I need a new phone. Then never thought any more of it until I went onto Meteor site to see what phones they had on billpay and seen the Nexus 5 there. Was like AWHH YEAHHHH :D

Hope you're enjoying your new phone btw, I sure am :D

Time to root it now :)

:D

i will probably root it, but not install any custom roms. i will wait until google drops the support, then i will start installing custom roms. thats how i did it with my nexus s.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭Cyber Ghost

Hi guys, I'm sure this has been asked ad naseum but is this worth the 349, and if not, what is a better value phone?

Cheers

Advertisement