Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nexus 5

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Tinie wrote: »
    What price so we think this will be on the English play store? I'm guessing £299 for 16gb and £349 for 32gb?

Nexus 4 sold for $299 or $349 at launch.Was £239 in the UK for the 8GB and
    £279 for 16GB.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Nexus 4 sold for $299 or $349 at launch.Was £239 in the UK for the 8GB and
    £279 for 16GB.
    And I imagine it will be identical again so €282 for 16GB and €329 for 32GB (with potential 3000mAh battery).

TheTechGuy wrote: »
    €255 seems reasonable enough, will that one have lte though? Have the n4 now and a bigger screen would be nice but I don't think I could justify an upgrade after less than 2 months.
    They can't not include LTE at this point. It will also have 1080P screen ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

advertsfox wrote: »
    They can't not include LTE at this point. It will also have 1080P screen ;)

You'd hope so anyway! Now off to decide how much I sell my n4 for!

TheTechGuy wrote: »
    You'd hope so anyway! Now off to decide how much I sell my n4 for!
    The brother provisionally bought mine for a family price of €150 - good thing I have him painting my house because I know I'd get more ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

The brother provisionally bought mine for a family price of €150 - good thing I have him painting my house because I know I'd get more ;)

I paid €150 for an iPhone 4 last week, with iOS7 on it the experience is awful, €150 for a Nexus 4 is some bargain in comparision!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Would be nice if it was just a conversion from dollars to euros but it never works out that way.
    I'd say closer to 349 euro for the 32gb model... I hope to be wrong however!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Well the dollar price doesn't include tax on top of it doesn't it not?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Well the dollar price doesn't include tax on top of it doesn't it not?

Yup, American buyers have to pay tax on top of the listed price. I reckon UK price, inclusive of VAT, will be £300 for the 16GB and £350 for the 32GB.

Yup, American buyers have to pay tax on top of the listed price. I reckon UK price, inclusive of VAT, will be £300 for the 16GB and £350 for the 32GB.
    It will be much less (see my comment above) - the same as the Nexus 4 at launch (not including shipping at current exchange rate):

£239 for 16GB (€282)
    £279 for 32GB (€329)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

Were all just speculating here on price, but id wager that it will be £249 for 16GB and £299 for 32GB. Would love to see them launch at Nexus 4 prices but since the Nexus 7 2013 went up in price, I expect this to follow suit as well.

Obviously thats also minus the tenner for postage.

Oh and its HIGHLY unlikely there will be a 3000mah battery in the 32gb, and if there is, expect at least another £30 on the price.

If you've recently got a nexus 4, id hold on the N5 and wait for the N5 2014 model, as once the N4 gets 4.4 kitkat a few days after release, the differences between the N4 and N5 will be small, and not worth another €100 or whatever the difference is, in my opinion of course.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Quite a lot of reputable sources on twitter and XDA seem to be saying that its likely the prices will be £279 and £329 (16gb and 32gb respectively). I wouldnt be surprised personally, as these will sell like hot cakes regardless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Gokei

Digitalism wrote: »
    wait for the N5 2014 model.
    What's this?

Gokei wrote: »
    What's this?

The nexus 5 that will be out this time next year.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

The nexus 5 that will be out this time next year.

really?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭groom

People are only speculating based on the arrival of the Nexus 7 (2013) and the Nexus 4 (LTE)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

It will be much less (see my comment above) - the same as the Nexus 4 at launch (not including shipping at current exchange rate):

£239 for 16GB (€282)
    £279 for 32GB (€329)

Those prices were £239 for 8gb and £279 for 16gb Nexus 4 IIRC, so if anything, it will be £279 for the 16gb N5 and like £299 for 32gb.

USA prices hold no relevance to us as we always get screwed over, and they have to pay tax on top of the price of the phone.

Moonbeam wrote: »
    really?

Yeah its more than likely going to be a yearly release from google, considering how popular the N4 was, and the N5 looks set to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Yeah its more than likely going to be a yearly release from google, considering how popular the N4 was, and the N5 looks set to be.

But that's a whole year away!

Well I did say to people who recently got in the bargain of the year with nexus 4 for £200.

If your rocking a nokia 3310, then go ahead!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Propane Nightmare

£239 for 16GB (€282)
    £279 for 32GB (€329)

Not a hope in hell it will be that cheap. Are google/LG looking to loose money?

At the cheapest, it will be:

Nexus 5 16GB - 279 £
    Nexus 5 32GB - 319 £

£239 for 16GB (€282)
    £279 for 32GB (€329)

I wouldn't be so sure. Nexus 4 launched with 8GB and 16GB. Nexus 5 looks like a 16GB and 32GB.

The 16GB version will be no cheaper than the 16GB version of the Nexus 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Niveus Tauri

The N5 is not released yet and not even announced but lots of cases on pre-order :)

http://ie.mobilefun.com/34604/google/nexus-5/cases.htm

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Well get this years one then when it is announced!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,736 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I wouldn't be so sure. Nexus 4 launched with 8GB and 16GB. Nexus 5 looks like a 16GB and 32GB.

The 16GB version will be no cheaper than the 16GB version of the Nexus 4.

so the nexus phones will become more expensive every year as the feature list gets better?

The N5 is not released yet and not even announced but lots of cases on pre-order :)

http://ie.mobilefun.com/34604/google/nexus-5/cases.htm

Thanks for that! Just ordered one myself!

so the nexus phones will become more expensive every year as the feature list gets better?

Well technically, no. Suppose 16GB Nexus 5 at launch the same price as 16GB Nexus 4 was a year ago. You've saved a year's inflation costs.

I don't get why anyone would be surprised - they're not going to endlessly sell high end phones at below cost price.

Anyone know anything about a Google event on the 24th of October?

Edit; info,
    http://androidandme.com/2013/10/news/google-sending-out-invites-for-october-24-event/

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

god's toy wrote: »
    Anyone know anything about a Google event on the 24th of October?

http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/10/18/google-begins-sending-out-invites-to-october-24-google-play-event/

Not a nexus event apparently (although could be a bluff)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭1jcdub

What will be the best way to get a nexus 5 from launch for people interested in Ireland?

Advertisement