Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nexus 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Ordered Monday and got it this morning.

Edit - actually ordered Tuesday evening.

Ah ok, so that would make mine Monday if same time frame as yours. Cool :)

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Saadyst

Ordered this Thursday afternoon and got it Friday morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Saadyst wrote: »

That's good going! You in Ireland or the UK?

Saadyst wrote: »

Standard delivery or Express? Delivered by An post?

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Jilm

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Standard delivery or Express? Delivered by An post?

DHL Express

• Advertisement

Jilm wrote: »
    DHL Express

So you chose the express delivery then yeah, cool

Reading reviews of this phone before I received my own. Most mentioned the battery being relatively bad.

I don't see it myself...

Checked it yesterday, taking it off charge in the morning and not charging it again until I was going asleep 4am this morning. I used the phone a lot. The Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Location were on the entire time. Screen brightness on auto mode. I made a few phone calls. Used it all day for checking facebook, emails, viber messaging, texting etc. and it still had 29% battery after 17 hours of use.... Seems pretty good to me.

4ZO2Qdil.png

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭murfilein

So you chose the express delivery then yeah, cool

my n5 got shipped with express, but i didnt choose or payed for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

I think the people complaining about battery life are the ones new to Android with no clue how to properly manage it. They install every sort of app, add lots of widgets, use live wallpapers and have the brightness on max. I've had this exact problem with everyone I've advised move to Android, my Mam, 2 brothers and a friend, I had to explain to them how to properly manage it. I have no problem, it's the best Android I've had for battery life (on my 5th android), but I know to get the best from it.

murfilein wrote: »
    my n5 got shipped with express, but i didnt choose or payed for it.

That's strange. Mine is getting shipped with DHL Global Mail which will be handed over to An Post once it arrives in Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I think the people complaining about battery life are the ones new to Android with no clue how to properly manage it. They install every sort of app, add lots of widgets, use live wallpapers and have the brightness on max. I've had this exact problem with everyone I've advised move to Android, my Mam, 2 brothers and a friend, I had to explain to them how to properly manage it. I have no problem, it's the best Android I've had for battery life (on my 5th android), but I know to get the best from it.

I dunno, I had an N4 coming to the N5, the battery is definitely better on the N5, I manage my phone better than most and the N5 can have some really random battery usage for no good reason some days - the radio on them could definitely do with a buff, the call quality isn't as good as the N4, that's for sure....

That's good going! You in Ireland or the UK?

In Dublin.. was quite impressed myself, DHL dropped it off.

Battery life is a huge improvement going from the HTC One X (couple of years old however). I can happily browse the web or do whatever and not have this niggling in the back of my head that my battery will be dead if I keep going. Really liking the phone so far.

Only thing I've noticed now is the speakers are one side of the phone, sounds strange when watching a video or something without headphones. But whatever, not the end of the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Finally found a decent free automation app (Llama is fugly, Tasker isn't free, Atooma is a bit mad)
    Condi! Simple and free (although the icon isn't the best).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭projectgtr

Id like to see it going to HTC all right but cant see it being based on the M8 at all

• Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Anyone experience wifi issues with their Nexus? Up until Friday it was connecting to my home network with no issue but since then it will connect but no data is being sent.
    I've rebooted my router, reset it to factory settings, reset Nexus to factory settings but with no joy, it will connect again for alittle while but then will eventually stop sending data.

The weird thing is the phone connects and works on my work wifi network no problems

Are you with UPC and in the South East? Been having problems with them the last few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Are you with UPC and in the South East? Been having problems with them the last few weeks.
    UPC south Dublin. All other devices (laptop, nexus 4, nexus 7) in the my apartment connect without any issues. :confused:

South East Dublin or South East Ireland? I'm with UPC in Waterford and have no problems with it.

South East Dublin or South East Ireland? I'm with UPC in Waterford and have no problems with it.

Mines been flaky as hell the last 3 weeks around Newtown, seems to have righted itself in the last couple of days though.

• Advertisement

Why would ISP or location have anything to do with it, if it works with other devices....

Anyway no problems here with Wireless!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

I might pick up a Nexus 5, lovely looking phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭HellboundIRL

Does anyone else get horrible battery life with mobile data turned on? When I'm in work my battery meter just plummets but as soon as I get home to wifi then its fine again, I turned off location settings but it had no impact whatsoever. Android OS is taking a huge chunk, I checked wakelock detector and better battery stats but nothing suspicious in the wakelocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭yllw.ldbttr

Does anyone else get horrible battery life with mobile data turned on? When I'm in work my battery meter just plummets but as soon as I get home to wifi then its fine again, I turned off location settings but it had no impact whatsoever. Android OS is taking a huge chunk, I checked wakelock detector and better battery stats but nothing suspicious in the wakelocks.

I really love this phone, but same as you I have to admit the battery life is very poor when on mobile data. I work in an area that constantly switches between 1 bar of 3G and 1 bar of LTE. I'll regularly lose 20% an hour in the office with relatively little usage.

My phone is plugged in so often at this stage it might as well be a landline.

I really love this phone, but same as you I have to admit the battery life is very poor when on mobile data. I work in an area that constantly switches between 1 bar of 3G and 1 bar of LTE. I'll regularly lose 20% an hour in the office with relatively little usage.

My phone is plugged in so often at this stage it might as well be a landline.

Connect to wifi, it saves your battery

Connect to wifi, it saves your battery

No wifi at work.

I thought that was implied from my post above but obviously not.

No wifi at work.

I thought that was implied from my post above but obviously not.

Well then you will have the same issue with any smartphone as they seek out the best connection as your phone is constantly using data

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Turn off the LTE as the preferred mobile connection if you don't have stable coverage. Constantly searching for the LTE signal murders the battery.

Well then you will have the same issue with any smartphone as they seek out the best connection as your phone is constantly using data

Correct but the point I'm making is that the battery on this device in particular is much worse in those same conditions than the two previous devices I've had (Samsung GS4 and iPhone 5).

Therefore, my initial statement, that I really like this phone, but the battery lets it down in my opinion.

• Advertisement

Correct but the point I'm making is that the battery on this device in particular is much worse in those same conditions than the two previous devices I've had (Samsung GS4 and iPhone 5).

Therefore, my initial statement, that I really like this phone, but the battery lets it down in my opinion.

Like already suggested turn off LTE, constantly changing will always kill the battery. For me who is someone who's usually on wifi and not always roaming I'm getting much better battery life on this phone than I got on any other Android before.

Advertisement