Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nexus 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

This battery drain and radio reception is doing my head in, 4.4.3 can't come quick enough...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭projectgtr

Fieldog wrote: »
    This battery drain and radio reception is doing my head in, 4.4.3 can't come quick enough...

Have you tried a factory wipe? my battery became great after a wipe, no recption issues here either what network are you? im on meteor in meath with pretty much a batch one launch day N5

projectgtr wrote: »
    Have you tried a factory wipe? my battery became great after a wipe, no recption issues here either what network are you? im on meteor in meath with pretty much a batch one launch day N5

Yeah did a factory wipe during the week and have feck all apps installed other than Google's -

I seem to have the camera bug so whenever I use the camera I tend to have to reboot the phone after I take a few photos which isn't all too often tbh...

I am on Emobile in North Co Dublin so theoretically I should have Meteor reception, the radio on the phone seems dreadful compared to my old N4, people tell me they can barely hear me half the time and I sound down a well...

I think the noise cancelling mic is causing something to do with it - but I do seem to remember the N4 having a similar issue with radio which resolved with an update so I'm hopeful of the same with this to iron out a few niggles....

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Legwinski

Just bought this. Unbelievably excited!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

For the last two weeks 'Google play services' was going nuts killing battery on both n5 and n7.
    Looks to have settle down somewhat today dropping from 30%+ over two weeks, back to 10% today. Wonder what's going on there ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,916 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Legwinski

Aha Shake wrote: »
    Just bought this. Unbelievably excited!

Order shipped :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

• Registered Users Posts: 7,083 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

has anyone needed to return one under warranty? It was bought before Christmas so via parcel motel

• Registered Users Posts: 6,267 ✭✭✭emo72

4.4.3 update is reported as rolling out. post here as soon as you get the OTA. thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

has anyone needed to return one under warranty? It was bought before Christmas so via parcel motel

I did back in November; when Google authorise the RMA they'll send you a link that allows you to order a replacement without putting an actual charge on your card then when its delivered, I presume to the same delivery address as the original though now its available in Ireland they might let you change it, but it'll include a pre-paid courier envelope to return the original phone in. If you were actually up north or in the UK yourself you could just drop it into any post office and that would be that but if you're going to try and get it back up north via Parcel Motel then you might be in for some headaches. I had rang PM and the person I talked to suggested sending it back via the Collect+ option but once it got into their system no one seemed to know what to do with it which lead to a few days delay while they tried to figure it out and me on the phone to them every day trying to find out what the holdup was. I see they have a Royal Mail prepaid label option with PM now so you might be ok with that option but thats just a guess on my part.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 770 ✭✭✭ComputerKing

emo72 wrote: »
    4.4.3 update is reported as rolling out. post here as soon as you get the OTA. thanks.

Downloading as we speak.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 770 ✭✭✭ComputerKing

emo72 wrote: »

Downloading as we speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I also got the 4.4.3 OTA update about an hour ago, phone restarted and went into custom recovery. I couldn't find the update zip so restarted the phone, went to check updates manually, and it says last checked/no updates but my phone is still 4.4.2. I checked the cache to see if the zip was there. It wasn't. Anyone any idea where it could be?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

Missis got it on her Nexus 4 but I've still not got it on my Nexus 5

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭DoBhrionn

Just downloaded and installed the update.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭gaius c

What's in it? Anything good?

gaius c wrote: »
    What's in it? Anything good?

Just bug fixes and a new dialler....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

No OTA update for me yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭youngblood

Anyone who got theirs through google store UK get the update yet?

I got a cheap wireless charger a few weeks ago from Aliexpress and it seemed to work fine until the last week or so.

The past few mornings my phone has been around the 90-93% mark. I originally thought it was fully charging and then stopping but this morning I checked battery usage.

It was on 93% and the usage time was correct for when I took it off charge, so it wasn't sitting there for a few hours not charging.

Any ideas? Is this normal for a wireless charger or is this a dud? It charges to 100% fine through USB.

Sounds like it could be a dud man, but I thought I read somewhere that wireless charging always slows down when it hits the 90% mark and takes ages to get to 100%, I think its a safety feature of all wireless chargers, think I read it on QI charger thread on XDA...

How is everyone finding battery life?

I am completely stock and went 16 hours after installing the update with moderate use -

Normally I'm 9 or 10 and I'm reaching for the charger, we will see how this charge goes before further commenting....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭youngblood

new dialer, waiting to see how tomorrows charge goes

• Registered Users Posts: 6,453 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

System update available! :eek:

Anyone with root installed this yet?
    Was root affected? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Yes root is removed.

Since I'd have to re-root anyway I decided to use the Wugfresh Nexus toolkit to update to 4.4.3, and then re root, it took a while but it was easy enough if you have the driver setup properly, no major noticable changes except for the dialer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭projectgtr

Anyone having issues with word suggestions using the Google keyboard in chrome after the update?
    youngblood wrote: »
    Anyone who got theirs through google store UK get the update yet?

Yep got mine

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭DoBhrionn

youngblood wrote: »
    new dialer, waiting to see how tomorrows charge goes

Already did a charge from 0 last night, roughly the same as it was before when getting to 100%.
    Today I was using it for the the most part of the day from about 7:30 am (Calls, texts, causal gaming, most part surfing the web).
    Overall there's not much different on the battery side of things.
    pZXQJ1al.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,453 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

BopNiblets wrote: »
    Yes root is removed.

Since I'd have to re-root anyway I decided to use the Wugfresh Nexus toolkit to update to 4.4.3, and then re root, it took a while but it was easy enough if you have the driver setup properly, no major noticable changes except for the dialer.

Oh yes, I'll use the toolkit to update, that's what I usually end up doing anyway.

That toolkit always give me issues, but I assume it's just cos of windows 8 :pac:

Advertisement