Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nexus 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,605 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

irishgeo wrote: »
    should i get a nexus 5 before they go?

Maybe they will go on sale in the playstore?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

I want a 32gb black one - sold out in the Irish play store at the moment - maybe they'll never come back in? They have them in the UK playstore but I reckon it'd be complicated to buy one from there what with Google account ids etc. Wouldn't really be happy with a grey import one from Amazon either.

Anyway only another day to go until Google I/o.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,453 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I have serious reservations that a new Nexus phone would be announced at I/O.
    Tablets, most likely, but not a phone in my opinion.
    Just basing this on the N4 being launched in Oct'12 and the N5 in Nov'13.

I'd be more shocked to see a new Nexus phone announced at I/O than if they were to announce a 20" Nexus tablet :D

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭fm

digitaldr wrote: »
    I want a 32gb black one - sold out in the Irish play store at the moment - maybe they'll never come back in? They have them in the UK playstore but I reckon it'd be complicated to buy one from there what with Google account ids etc. Wouldn't really be happy with a grey import one from Amazon either.

Anyway only another day to go until Google I/o.

expansys have them in stock 385 euros

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭projectgtr

marcbrophy wrote: »
    I have serious reservations that a new Nexus phone would be announced at I/O.
    Tablets, most likely, but not a phone in my opinion.
    Just basing this on the N4 being launched in Oct'12 and the N5 in Nov'13.

I'd be more shocked to see a new Nexus phone announced at I/O than if they were to announce a 20" Nexus tablet :D

cant see any new tablets or phones at all for this IO, android wear and maybe android TV but no tablet or phone till 3rd quarter imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,241 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

projectgtr wrote: »
    cant see any new tablets or phones at all for this IO, android wear and maybe android TV but no tablet or phone till 3rd quarter imo

Nah, there will be a HTC tablet announced at I/O. A 9" tablet.

fm wrote: »
    expansys have them in stock 385 euros

Thanks for that - fair price too. Haven't used expansys for years.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 770 ✭✭✭ComputerKing

Just had an update pushed there and I've installed was it just bug fixes or was there anything of note as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,545 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Just had an update pushed there and I've installed was it just bug fixes or was there anything of note as well.

Security patches it looks like

http://www.cnet.com/uk/news/android-4-4-4-rolls-out-to-several-nexus-devices/

Sonics2k wrote: »

Don't see it happening tbh, hope it does . either way we will know in a couple days. I'll bet you 2 internet dollars it doesn't though :D

• Advertisement

projectgtr wrote: »
    Don't see it happening tbh, hope it does . either way we will know in a couple days. I'll bet you 2 internet dollars it doesn't though :D

HTC's Nexus Tablet

I have a tendency to trust Android Police, they seem to be correct quite a lot of the time. It may not be announced at the keynote, but I reckon they'll announce this at the I/O at some point.

If form is anything to go by, we'll see a tablet alright! :)
    That 9" thing looks cool, but I was kinda hoping it'd stay 7" for portability!

Anyway, let's hope we see a new version of Android for our N5's :D

HTC's Nexus Tablet

I have a tendency to trust Android Police, they seem to be correct quite a lot of the time. It may not be announced at the keynote, but I reckon they'll announce this at the I/O at some point.

I've read it all I just don't think it will happen, like I said I hope im wrong but we'll see

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Just after getting 4.4.4 OTA if anyones interested

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭youngblood

any visible changes?
    cant see anything with mine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

Just got it as well, will it break root??

4.4.4 is only a security update against the OpenSSL bug. A few minor things under the hood, nothing to worry about.

Ill take that internet dollar now :D

Id say end of Summer for the tablet launch now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

Gryzor wrote: »
    Just got it as well, will it break root??

yep did with mine, I just use Wugfresh nexus toolkit to root again all back working in two minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 18,916 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

i wouldnt bet against someone i agree with :D

Will many be taking the plunge and flashing the developer "L" preview when it releases later today?

I know I will anyway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,007 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Hey guys I'm thinking of selling my Samsung galaxy note 3 and buying a nexus 5. Would any of ye think this is a good move ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Hey guys I'm thinking of selling my Samsung galaxy note 3 and buying a nexus 5. Would any of ye think this is a good move ?

I dunno if you could go back to the smaller screen and crappier battery life that the N5 compared to the Note 3 gives ya, best thing to do is try a Nexus 5 and see how you like it....

Fieldog wrote: »
    I dunno if you could go back to the smaller screen and crappier battery life that the N5 compared to the Note 3 gives ya, best thing to do is try a Nexus 5 and see how you like it....

I think the smaller screel wouldn't bother me, I have small hands so the Note is a bit fiddly. I dontknow anyone with a N5 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I think the smaller screel wouldn't bother me, I have small hands so the Note is a bit fiddly. I dontknow anyone with a N5 :(

Meteor sell them, maybe try a meteor shop for a look?

Cool I didn't know that. Thanks !!

Looks like there's going to be a new Nexus phone in the Autumn so will be hanging onto my Moto G until then.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

They don't anymore. At least not on their website.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,916 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

Advertisement