Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nexus 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Telchak wrote: »
    Expecting my Nexus 5 to arrive sometime this week and was wondering are people using the developer preview on a day to day basis? I don't mind the odd crash or reboot, but would be bothered by poorer battery life.

I'm the same! I'd love to put it on my Nexus 5! Is it hard to do guys??

Cheers,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Any inkling of whether Google will discount the Nexus 5 in the next few months ahead of the launch of the Nexus 6 (like they did with the Nexus 4...)?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

Isn't the general consensus that there won't be a nexus 6.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

Blacktie. wrote: »
    Isn't the general consensus that there won't be a nexus 6.

No, that changed, there most likely will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭mlmcelligott

my nexus 5 wont charge anymore. the only way i can see any life in it is to hold down the power button for 10 seconds and then the red light flashes for a minute or so.

When i take the battery out and put it on charge it shows the charge symbol on the screen but it wont turn on. it'll just get as far as the google start up screen and go back to the charge screen again. it'll go throguh boot loader fine though.

when its on charge, with the charge symbol on the screen, I can reconnect the battery and the charge screen changes to a battery symbol with a question mark in the middle.

Am i right in thinking I just need a new battery?

• Advertisement

my nexus 5 wont charge anymore. the only way i can see any life in it is to hold down the power button for 10 seconds and then the red light flashes for a minute or so.

When i take the battery out and put it on charge it shows the charge symbol on the screen but it wont turn on. it'll just get as far as the google start up screen and go back to the charge screen again. it'll go throguh boot loader fine though.

when its on charge, with the charge symbol on the screen, I can reconnect the battery and the charge screen changes to a battery symbol with a question mark in the middle.

The nexus 5 doesn't have a removable battery

• Registered Users Posts: 8,241 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

I don't think you have a Nexus 5, the battery isn't removable.

yes it does, just not as removable as others. all you do is pop the back cover off, unscrew the cover and unplug it!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,284 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Of course it has a removable battery

• Registered Users Posts: 6,267 ✭✭✭emo72

I wouldn't describe it as removable, maybe replaceable but I've never opened mine. Wouldn't be carrying a spare battery and changing it on the go that's for certain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,284 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

emo72 wrote: »
    I wouldn't describe it as removable, maybe replaceable but I've never opened mine. Wouldn't be carrying a spare battery and changing it on the go that's for certain.

"removable - capable of being removed or taken away or dismissed; "a removable cord"; "removable partitions"

ok guys, you're missing the point here. just want to know do i need to buy a new battery or not...

nevermind,

the amazon confirmation email just came though!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭mondeo

Where's the best place to buy a Nexus 5 at the minute? I'm thinking of flogging my moto G and heading up north. Can anyone recommend a trusted seller on amazon uk? Anywhere else?

Thanks

mondeo wrote: »
    Where's the best place to buy a Nexus 5 at the minute? I'm thinking of flogging my moto G and heading up north. Can anyone recommend a trusted seller on amazon uk? Anywhere else?

Thanks

Google Play :confused:

Thanks

Google Ireland sells it now. Happy days?

Google Ireland sells it now. Happy days?

Its €349 there but is that the best price I would get one?

Its €349 there but is that the best price I would get one?

Yes, unless you buy it in the States, $349 there but no LTE

Wonder will it drop much when the nexus 6 is released.

349 plus us taxes. Ireland is the best place to buy it. Hassle free. I would consider holding off in case there is a price drop. It would be due soon. Buy a second hand moto g to tide you over perhaps.

349 plus us taxes. Ireland is the best place to buy it. Hassle free. I would consider holding off in case there is a price drop. It would be due soon. Buy a second hand moto g to tide you over perhaps.

$349 plus US taxes is still plenty cheaper than here. It's the one I have as I don't care about LTE but agreed buying here is prob your best option if you ever want to sell it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

You could check Amazon.es either. I got mine on there for €318. Comes with an EU plug head but that's easily replaced.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

****. Just droped my nexus 5 and broke the screen. Anyone know where and how much to fix it?

matrim wrote: »
    ****. Just droped my nexus 5 and broke the screen. Anyone know where and how much to fix it?

I think it's 130 on Fonfix

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

LCD or the glass/screen? Big difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

LCD or the glass/screen? Big difference.

Think just glass

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Think just glass

Ah, looks like the whole lot needs to be replaced. Sh!te. Around €130 I reckon.

http://www.etradesupply.com/blog/how-to-repair-nexus-5-cracked-screen/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

Anyone have issues with the battery? I just got one a few days ago and the battery life doesn't seem too great

I find the battery has to be well managed to get 12 hours out of it. I wonder is there a higher powered aftermarket battery that can be swapped out of it?

I have no problem but I'm not continually roaming from mobile mast to mast for the best signal which can be a killer. As well as the usual turning the screen as dim as you can bear, managing apps and widgets etc do these tips
    http://www.cnet.com/uk/how-to/five-settings-that-increase-battery-life-on-android-4-4-kitkat/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭mcw92

I find the battery has to be well managed to get 12 hours out of it. I wonder is there a higher powered aftermarket battery that can be swapped out of it?

What's now too great though? Does it last near the day?

Advertisement