Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nexus 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

I've moved on from the Nexus 5 but when I had mine I found the Franco kernel gave me best battery life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cgarrad

matrim wrote: »
    ****. Just droped my nexus 5 and broke the screen. Anyone know where and how much to fix it?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181402099050

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭mlmcelligott

anyone have an unlocked motherboard for a nexus 5 for sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭projectgtr

polaris68 wrote: »
    I've moved on from the Nexus 5 but when I had mine I found the Franco kernel gave me best battery life.
    What did you move on to if you dont mind me asking
    anyone have an unlocked motherboard for a nexus 5 for sale?
    Unlocked?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭mlmcelligott

projectgtr wrote: »

Unlocked?:confused:

A motherboard from a nexus 5 that is unlocked to all networks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

No nexus 5s are locked

One Plus One.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭projectgtr

Arent they all?
    One Plus One.
    How are you finding the change? Have to say it interested me but the availability pissed me off, Great to see Chinese phones come up so much,, but ive tried an S5 and i was still surprised at how much lag there was in comparison to the Nexus 5

How are you finding the change? Have to say it interested me but the availability pissed me off, Great to see Chinese phones come up so much,, but ive tried an S5 and i was still surprised at how much lag there was in comparison to the Nexus 5

Great device. I have flashed Paranoid Android onto it so it's now like an Nexus 5 on steroids!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

Great device. I have flashed Paranoid Android onto it so it's now like an Nexus 5 on steroids!

Yeah, but you shouldn't have to go to that trouble with a new phone and your warranty becomes iffy.

Edit, sorry, thought you taking about the s5

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

anybody selling a nexus 5 for 250 ish?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Spipov wrote: »
    anybody selling a nexus 5 for 250 ish?

I'd imagine they'd be just the same as what's on Adverts :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    I'd imagine they'd be just the same as what's on Adverts :)

Not much stock on adverts, one is looking for 330, another 340. At that price I'd be buying new. Just need one to play with until November when I'll probably get the new nexus with more funds due in then.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,916 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭youngblood

mcw92 wrote: »
    What's now too great though? Does it last near the day?
    Battery life woeful during the last few days, needs to be charged again most evenings

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

Having a strange issue with my Nexus 5. I don't seem to be able to install 3rd part apps anymore even though I have the box ticked for unknown sources. I only found this out when trying to instal towelroot. I can only hit the cancel button when I open the apk. Anyone have suggestions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Are you using a screen filter? If you are you need to turn it off before installing apks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Blacktie. wrote: »
    Having a strange issue with my Nexus 5. I don't seem to be able to install 3rd part apps anymore even though I have the box ticked for unknown sources. I only found this out when trying to instal towelroot. I can only hit the cancel button when I open the apk. Anyone have suggestions?

Hey there,
    What is Towelroot mate?

Cheers,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

Fresh Pots wrote: »
    Are you using a screen filter? If you are you need to turn it off before installing apks.

This could be the issue! I've been using twilight the last few weeks. Didn't know this could cause it. Strange.

Hey there,
    What is Towelroot mate?

According to YouTube it's a simple way of rooting without losing everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

Broke my nexus 5 screen. Any where to get it done? Was quoted 180e

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

I'd wait for the Nexus 6 as this stage mate.....

madmoe wrote: »
    I'd wait for the Nexus 6 as this stage mate.....

Only had it 5 mths so a waste of 450e.
    Great phone apart from battery life. Like the lg g2 alrighg

• Registered Users Posts: 15,874 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I recently bought a new Nexus 5 for €260 on eBay so there are bargains out there.

It's a great phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Only had it 5 mths so a waste of 450e.
    Great phone apart from battery life. Like the lg g2 alrighg

They sell for €349 for 16gb & €399 for 32gb, where did you pay 450?

What part of Wexford are you in, there's a guy in Waterford that has a shop a couple days a week in New Ross too that I'd highly recommend. You could ask him on facebook how much to do and he'll reply fairly quick: https://www.facebook.com/iRepair.iPhoneRepair?fref=ts

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    They sell for €349 for 16gb & €399 for 32gb, where did you pay 450?

What part of Wexford are you in, there's a guy in Waterford that has a shop a couple days a week in New Ross too that I'd highly recommend. You could ask him on facebook how much to do and he'll reply fairly quick: https://www.facebook.com/iRepair.iPhoneRepair?fref=ts
    Girlfriend bought it off amazon at Christmas. Not 100% thats what she paid for it but again she got it here I think it wasnt to far off that price.
    I will try him thank you. Im nearly in enniscorthy so not far from new ross

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Defiler Of The Coffin

Anyone have any problems with transferring files onto the phone from a Windows 8 PC over USB? I can't create any folders and files will simply not transfer. Gets a bit frustrating. MTP is a load of bollox

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭fortis

Do it yourself (if you feel capable)

I broke me earlier in the year (fell on tiles, gorilla grass is glass despite what they say and it SHATTERS!)

I bought the screen assembly on ebay. There are a couple of good videos on youtube on how to take the phone apart.

It's not difficult. I think the screen assembly (it is the glass and digitiser in one piece as most high end smartphone now bond them together) was about €70. Took about 20 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭youngblood

any word....on...the....update....battery...dying..faster..than ever

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,874 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

youngblood wrote: »
    any word....on...the....update....battery...dying..faster..than ever

I was wary of getting a Nexus because of the battery but it seems better than I expected

Advertisement