Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nexus 5

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Just in relation to that free Gravity film for Nexus 5 users.

I've a Nexus 7 2013.

Wzeyu9E.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭stevekavo

miralize wrote: »
    Is there anywhere to still buy this, seems to be out of stock across the board in the Play Store?

You can get the 32gb on expansys.ie for under 400.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,348 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Anywhere else other than Expansys selling the Nexus 5 32GB?

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭stevekavo

Anywhere else other than Expansys selling the Nexus 5 32GB?

You might get one on Amazon but it is more than likely the US version.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,874 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Where is the proximity sensor on the Nexus 5? I have installed the app that turns on the screen but where should I tap?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Discodog wrote: »
    Where is the proximity sensor on the Nexus 5? I have installed the app that turns on the screen but where should I tap?

control-your-nexus-5-without-touching-screen.w654.jpg

Cheers. Three minutes to get a reply :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,453 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

What's this pal?

Does it turn on the screen without the power button? :eek:

marcbrophy wrote: »
    What's this pal?

Does it turn on the screen without the power button? :eek:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.wolandsoft.wtn

Seems to work well but uses lots of battery

• Registered Users Posts: 6,453 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.wolandsoft.wtn

Seems to work well but uses lots of battery

thanks. i'll check it out!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

is this not going to be part of Lollipop ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

any dates for lollipop for nexus5?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Hopefully factory image will drop in the next day or two and then get pushed for OTA a day or two after that...

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭ROAAAR

Fieldog wrote: »
    Hopefully factory image will drop in the next day or two and then get pushed for OTA a day or two after that...

Is it not possible to download it now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

My earpiece has just stopped working...anyone know the story with in warranty repairs in Ireland? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,353 ✭✭✭xtal191

• Registered Users Posts: 18,925 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Fieldog wrote: »

I've seen on Plus that it could be tomorrow at 5pm ie. 5pm on the 5th.

We shall see. I have a pain in my behind constantly hopping into "About Phone" in the hope that it comes in.

xtal191 wrote: »

Insane decision to force people to move from a 5 inch to 6 inch phone. I dithered over the Oneplusone & decided that 5.5 inch was too big let alone 6 inches. It's typical Google & they won't change their mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭ROAAAR

Why can't we just download this, why do we need to wait for it to automatically update?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 366 ✭✭Mayo Yid

ROAAAR wrote: »
    Why can't we just download this, why do we need to wait for it to automatically update?

It's not ready, when it's ready it will automatically update. The automatic updates are phased to reduce load on the servers

• Advertisement

ROAAAR wrote: »

As annoying as it is it is preferable to what happens with iOS.
    Mayo Yid wrote: »
    It's not ready, when it's ready it will automatically update. The automatic updates are phased to reduce load on the servers

Indeed.

Incidentally Maps got updated tonight ith a beautiful Material design GUI. Nearly there lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

I flashed a developer preview couple of weeks ago so only waiting for them to upload the factory images and I'm flashing straight away, one or two small bugs in developer preview annoying me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Dave147 wrote: »
    I flashed a developer preview couple of weeks ago so only waiting for them to upload the factory images and I'm flashing straight away, one or two small bugs in developer preview annoying me.

Didn't bother with the dev preview as I need everything working at the moment....

Has to be coming soon though,

Today they put the factory images for the Nexus Player and yesterday the N9, I'd say next is N6 and then N5....

Edit - oops, just see on another thread its delayed til the 12th... :(

marcbrophy wrote: »
    thanks. i'll check it out!

Just to let you know that this works much better.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.plexnor.gravityscreenofffree&hl=en

• Registered Users Posts: 6,353 ✭✭✭xtal191

Anyone here bought the Nexus 5 from eglobalcentral? I'm thinking of ordering from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭projectgtr

So pissed off, i have to RMA mine back to google :mad: and just when Lollipop is around the corner, the problem? A stuck power button causing the phone to go into constant boot loop only letting me get to the google splash screen then it turns off. No access to recovery options either :mad:

Gonna be tough as my friends sis in Newry bought it for me so im not sure how returning it will go.

projectgtr wrote: »
    So pissed off, i have to RMA mine back to google :mad: and just when Lollipop is around the corner, the problem? A stuck power button causing the phone to go into constant boot loop only letting me get to the google splash screen then it turns off. No access to recovery options either :mad:

Gonna be tough as my friends sis in Newry bought it for me so im not sure how returning it will go.

How long has that been happening for you? Mine has been acting the maggot for a good while. Last week it went into a bootloop as well and it seriously freaked me. I eventually got it to come back after accessing the recoverymode and then restarting.

Incidentally in the lead up to it I have had issues where turning on the screen caused the phone to restart sometimes, as if I had long-pressed which I didn't. I'm hoping that Lollipop cures this issue. It's been a great phone up until recently.

FM Radio the only thing I really miss.

projectgtr wrote: »

Since I started using this app I haven't had to touch my power button.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.plexnor.gravityscreenofffree&hl=en

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Since I started using this app I haven't had to touch my power button.

What is the battery drain like??

• Advertisement

madmoe wrote: »
    What is the battery drain like??

Surprisingly low. Occasionally it has a glitch but generally it works well. I have mine set so that it turns the phone off when in a pocket & back on as it's removed. I also set it to turn off when the phone is laid flat. I was able to remove the lockscreen as it's no longer needed.

The app also has three widgets including two power off buttons.

Advertisement