Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nexus 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Just got the call!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I love this post on Imgur from a guy who just switched to Android for the very first time from iPhone and went with the Nexus 5 :D

http://imgur.com/gallery/hbEaeBV

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Kurn

Battery: Left the house with about 75%, was down to 18% by lunch just had hailo running in the morning - hoping it's a once off... a bit jittery here and there. Some apps/ like the dialer looks like a TV in the 60's that just got colour and want's to use it at every possibility...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Shred

I got prompted to install lastnight but I'm going to hold off as there are too many bugs being reported atm and my phone's working fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 366 ✭✭Mayo Yid

Shred wrote: »
    I got prompted to install lastnight but I'm going to hold off as there are too many bugs being reported atm and my phone's working fine.

What bugs? I've been running it for days, not a bug in sight, great battery performance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭projectgtr

what bugs are popping up? Flashed mine when the images came out and bar the missing gallery app its been running perfect

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

a few of my apps are not working since the lollipop upgrade and I had my 1st memory issue but otherwise it is pretty nice and I am loving inbox.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Kurn wrote: »
    Battery: Left the house with about 75%, was down to 18% by lunch just had hailo running in the morning - hoping it's a once off... a bit jittery here and there. Some apps/ like the dialer looks like a TV in the 60's that just got colour and want's to use it at every possibility...

Yeah, I can imagine I'd you don't have pictures for most of your contacts that it'll look like it's sponsored by Crayola.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I presumed photos replaced gallery

Mayo Yid wrote: »
    What bugs? I've been running it for days, not a bug in sight, great battery performance

As an example http://www.gottabemobile.com/2014/11/19/nexus-android-lollipop-problems/. But I've seen several articles, through my google now feed ironically, detailing various different issues being discovered/reported (the camera flash staying on until a re-boot is one that comes to mind). But it's good to see peops on here haven't had too many problems.

• Advertisement

As an example http://www.gottabemobile.com/2014/11/19/nexus-android-lollipop-problems/. But I've seen several articles, through my google now feed ironically, detailing various different issues being discovered/reported (the camera flash staying on until a re-boot is one that comes to mind). But it's good to see peops on here haven't had too many problems.

All related to upgrading, you should always do a factory reset, upgrades of any OS on any hardware will always have issues

• Registered Users Posts: 18,925 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Finally received the notification.

So far so good. It's going to take a Littleton getting uses to but overall it's pretty nice.

All related to upgrading, you should always do a factory reset, upgrades of any OS on any hardware will always have issues

Well I've upgraded the past 4/5 times without issue but cheers for the suggestion.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Shimmy Jimmy CocoPop

Really not liking the white app drawer background and google search bar which is transparent in KitKat. Really don't get why they did that.

Webpages seem to load faster in chrome but otherwise performance is similar to KitKat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Technophobe

Got mine last night..seems fine apart from white background on app drawer, not mad on that..

Got mine last night..seems fine apart from white background on app drawer, not mad on that..

Easy fix, get a KitKat launcher

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭DanDublin1982

What does this mean please? :)

What does this mean please? :)

Go to the Play Store and search for 'KitKat launcher'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Nova launcher is another good choice.

Nova launcher is another good choice.

A better choice, but may have too many configurable options for some who just want the KitKat launcher back. There could be 50 launcher to choose from on the Play Store

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Updated this morning, haven't had any bugs or problems though it does seem to have slowed my phone down a bit. A lot of visual changes and small tweaks but I haven't come across many obvious improvements in functionality or user experience. I'll play around with it a bit but I'm a bit underwhelmed so far

Go to the Play Store and search for 'KitKat launcher'

Cheers. I should have had enough sense to just try that myself. Haha. Will give a few launchers a go. Cheers. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭mcw92

I downloaded and installed the ota update via adb myself last week and its seems perfect so far.

I can't seem to find display orientation though? It used to be in display settings but can't see it now.
    Seems to be faster and have improved battery life, slightly anyways.

mcw92 wrote: »
    I downloaded and installed the ota update via adb myself last week and its seems perfect so far.

I can't seem to find display orientation though? It used to be in display settings but can't see it now.
    Seems to be faster and have improved battery life, slightly anyways.

If you mean the auto rotate its now in the pull down at the top of the screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭mcw92

If you mean the auto rotate its now in the pull down at the top of the screen.

Yes that. Had to enable it in settings - accessibility first though.

Did the job, cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

One thing that’s really bugging me with the latest update is that there’s no 3G shortcut in the notification bar. Instead I have to click into Data Usage and turn on Mobile Data there. I can put a power toggles widget somewhere on my homescreen, and that will also show up in the notification bar, but again if I try to use a 3G shortcut, it brings me into Data Usage instead.

Anyone else experiencing similar? Is there a way around it?

One thing that’s really bugging me with the latest update is that there’s no 3G shortcut in the notification bar. Instead I have to click into Data Usage and turn on Mobile Data there. I can put a power toggles widget somewhere on my homescreen, and that will also show up in the notification bar, but again if I try to use a 3G shortcut, it brings me into Data Usage instead.

Anyone else experiencing similar? Is there a way around it?

Theres a button beside "Mobile data" to turn it on and off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Theres a button beside "Mobile data" to turn it on and off.

I know that, but before all I had to do was swipe down the notification bar, click the 3G arrows, and it was on. Now it's a longer process.

• Advertisement

Anyone having intermittent issues connecting to play store after installing this update?

Advertisement