Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nexus 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭projectgtr

Anyone having intermittent issues connecting to play store after installing this update?

I have the opposite issue, my playstore works really fast and downloads fast too, before the update it was terribly slow and downloads were dreadful even 1-2 Mb took ages

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Shimmy Jimmy CocoPop

projectgtr wrote: »
    I have the opposite issue, my playstore works really fast and downloads fast too, before the update it was terribly slow and downloads were dreadful even 1-2 Mb took ages

Yea when it works it works well but it seems to lose connection here and there and the wifi and data load web pages fine

I know that, but before all I had to do was swipe down the notification bar, click the 3G arrows, and it was on. Now it's a longer process.

Try the KK launcher, has a handy side bar with that option.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭t0mm13b

Alright...

Just become a proud owner of Nexus 5...

enjoying it so far... no complaints either... ordered from Google on Wednesday, received it on Friday lunchtime... impressive... :D

Having bidded goodbye to the very old but popular Zte Blade (remember them from modaco forums?) now settling in with Nexus 5.

Am on Kit Kat 4.4.4 at the latest, with Google Launcher, did notice lately though, everytime I query "Ok Google", and it comes back silent, it did at one point speak back at me... is it just me or did something obscure break there?

Cheers..

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭ROAAAR

I'm having an irritating issue in that often when I return to the home screen all I see is the background for a few seconds before anything else loads. I bugs the **** out of me. Anyone else experiencing this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Yeah I get that every now and then as well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lil_lisa

I've had Lollipop for 24 hours now. I like a lot of little features. Like, how it turns greyscale when you lock the screen right before it goes black. And how notifications make it easier to get to apps on the homepage.

But seriously, there's no way to silence my phone and continue to get notifications?? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭DanDublin1982

Can anyone tell me what very obvious thing I'm missing in chrome to shut down tabs? There used to be a helpful x on the left which has now disappeared. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Swipe away?

Can anyone tell me what very obvious thing I'm missing in chrome to shut down tabs? There used to be a helpful x on the left which has now disappeared. :)

Had this issue myself, they have incorporated chrome tabs into the apps and everything else tabs, which is a pretty good function on this release. To get back to normal go into settings in chrome and turn "merge tabs and apps" off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,925 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

All your tabs in chrome are located under the square button. Just swipe away.

It's one aspect I don't like about lollipop if I'm honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭DanDublin1982

Had this issue myself, they have incorporated chrome tabs into the apps and everything else tabs, which is a pretty good function on this release. To get back to normal go into settings in chrome and turn "merge tabs and apps" off.

Good man jimmy. Thanks for that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭projectgtr

All your tabs in chrome are located under the square button. Just swipe away.

It's one aspect I don't like about lollipop if I'm honest.

you can just change it back to the old way if you want. Just in chrome hit the 3 dots/settings/merge tabs and apps and press no and your done

• Registered Users Posts: 18,925 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Saw your nan Jimmy's posy just after I posted it. Changed and all now. Boom.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Harps wrote: »
    Updated this morning, haven't had any bugs or problems though it does seem to have slowed my phone down a bit. A lot of visual changes and small tweaks but I haven't come across many obvious improvements in functionality or user experience. I'll play around with it a bit but I'm a bit underwhelmed so far

Mine has slowed down a lot since updating :-( Not impressed so far!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 366 ✭✭Mayo Yid

madmoe wrote: »

Clear your cache

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

madmoe wrote: »

Mine was very sluggish for the first few hours but after that I haven't noticed any difference from KitKat

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Mayo Yid wrote: »
    Clear your cache

Is it possible to cleat the cache globally!??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

How do I go back to the previous version of Android before lollipop? Having so many problems with the new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

bastard lolipop, exchange mail no longer syncs and also causes the mail app to stop responding

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

How do I go back to the previous version of Android before lollipop? Having so many problems with the new one.

Using this tool to downgrade and can also use it to root etc.

http://www.wugfresh.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 15,874 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I am happy with Lollipop.

Discodog wrote: »
    I am happy with Lollipop.

Me too(with the KitKat launcher). Can only get better with the further updates to come. Definite improvement in battery performance too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Smart Lock alone (Trusted Places on the not-officially-out Play Services update) makes it worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,453 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

My Google Play Services updated last night and now I have trusted places, so it is definitely rolling out as-we-speak :)

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭pineapple*soul

Sorry for derailing the conversation here, but does anyone know where in Ireland I can get a Nexus 5, the play store is out of stock.

Also, does it make any difference if you don't get it in the play store (with warranties, etc.)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Is there any known WiFi issues with Android L? I'm having trouble since the update. Won't connect half the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,348 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Sorry for derailing the conversation here, but does anyone know where in Ireland I can get a Nexus 5, the play store is out of stock.

Also, does it make any difference if you don't get it in the play store (with warranties, etc.)?

It's going to be increasingly harder to buy one as Google are stopping production. I was lucky to buy Nexus 5 on the Play Store about 2 weeks ago.

You could check to see if there are any new/unused/unopened ones on Adverts.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,874 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I got mine on eBay. There are plenty on there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭HellboundIRL

Amazon.co.uk still have some, not exactly in Ireland but still a reliable bunch to buy from should anything go wrong.

Advertisement