Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nexus 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭2thousand14

bren2002 wrote: »
    Where can I buy a nexus 5 at the moment? But not done deal or adverts, hearing way too many hassle stories.

I got mine off simplyelectronics.net
    It was 288 euro
    think its gone up now though

• Subscribers Posts: 32,851 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

JTMan wrote: »
    Any rumours as to whether Google will do a 2015 edition of the Nexus 5 or not?

None that I've seen. It'll be the summer before any rumours of such a move happens, but I'd be delighted with a 5" cheaper but still excellent Nexus as well as a 6" premium flagship one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

So my Nexus 5 died on Friday. It was going a bit slow so I decided to clear the cache. When I went to clear it said it couldn't mount but then showed up as clearing cache. After 20 minutes and no change I just rebooted the phone. Then it just got stuck on the boot logo with the 4 colours swirling and wouldn't go past it. I eventually tried to do a factory wipe. I could get into the menus and all but again had the couldn't mount issue. It did say it was wiping it but nothing was happening. Called up Google and should have a replacement in 3-5 days.

Disappointing for a 4 month old phone on stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,874 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Does anyone know of a sound profiles app that works with Lollipop?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭pah

bren2002 wrote: »
    Where can I buy a nexus 5 at the moment? But not done deal or adverts, hearing way too many hassle stories.

Why not? Got a 10 month old nexus 5 with a flickering display problem on adverts €150 sent back by me for repair under warranty. €9.20 postage :D
    Plenty bargains out there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭mcw92

Im selling a Nexus 5 White 16gb for anyone interested.

Link in Sig

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

JTMan wrote: »

That's because it's a beast of a phone :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    That's because it's a beast of a phone :D

They removed the white and red versions from the playstore today. Black only from now on.

Fresh Pots wrote: »
    They removed the white and red versions from the playstore today. Black only from now on.

That's the one I chose anyway. My favourite one :)

• Advertisement

Only got the 5.0.1 update OTA there now...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭pah

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Only got the 5.0.1 update OTA there now...

Same, no issues before or after the update

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

I got it this morning as well, hopefully it'll sort out some of the bugs

My replacement broke after 3 days :mad:. Was as if the power button was stuck.

5.0.1 make a difference for anyone? Obviously I don't mean in relation to my problem...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Blacktie. wrote: »

5.0.1 make a difference for anyone? Obviously I don't mean in relation to my problem...

Nope! Mine is still slow and sluggish :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,267 ✭✭✭emo72

Power button is decked on mine. Keeps rebooting. It's over a year old, bought from play, what's my options?

emo72 wrote: »
    Power button is decked on mine. Keeps rebooting. It's over a year old, bought from play, what's my options?

Probably a paid repair. I guess the warranty is only a year? I'm getting a warranty repair anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭projectgtr

Happened with mine a while back, a bit of gentle persuasion popped it back out has been perfect since, as for the warranty arent you supposed to have a 2 year warranty under EU legislation?
    madmoe wrote: »
    Nope! Mine is still slow and sluggish :-(

Try clear the cache and do a factory reset, mines running fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,874 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I installed this & I hardly ever touch my on off switch.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.plexnor.gravityscreenofffree

I also installed this & I hardly ever touch the volume rocker

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=Orion.Soft

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Discodog wrote: »
    I installed this & I hardly ever touch my on off switch.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.plexnor.gravityscreenofffree

I have a neat thin side flip cover, the light sensor turns the screen on when you open the cover

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,267 ✭✭✭emo72

heads up lads. sent them an email and they are sending me a replacement free of charge. so before anyone goes dicking about with it, contact them first!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Anyone finding the power runs out faster with 5.0.1

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭IsaacWunder

matrim wrote: »
    Anyone finding the power runs out faster with 5.0.1

No, quite the opposite. Battery life has improved and phone is blindingly fast compared to how sluggish 5.0 was when I installed it. Faster now than kit Kat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

Well I got my nexus fixed but its still on 4.4. I go to about phone but says system is up to date. Anything I can do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Well I got my nexus fixed but its still on 4.4. I go to about phone but says system is up to date. Anything I can do?

Flssh the 5.0.2 factory image.it'll wipe all your data though

Fresh Pots wrote: »
    Flssh the 5.0.2 factory image.it'll wipe all your data though

How do I do that?

Same with my one. I expect it will be pushed out over the next few days. If not I guess I'll have to learn to root and flash it

Same with my one. I expect it will be pushed out over the next few days. If not I guess I'll have to learn to root and flash it

Looked it up. Jeez it looks fair complicated for a non tech head like me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

heads up lads. sent them an email and they are sending me a replacement free of charge. so before anyone goes dicking about with it, contact them first!

So what was the story? You just emailed them and said what?

My wifes is having intermittent power button issues, sometimes stuck in boot loop and the odd random shutdown. A bit of banging the power button seems to resolve it for some time. Phone was purchased end of October 2013 as a xmas gift.

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭2thousand14

any idea when lollipop will be rolled out? dont want to flash the factory image

Advertisement