Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about work in NZ? No trade

• 20-08-2013 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi there,

Sorry I know work threads can be done to death but I was searching through the past ones and couldn't find an answer. I was wondering how difficult it is to find office work in NZ? I'm currently a business analyst but happy to do any sort of office work within reason, are employers willing to hire working holiday visa holidays? Also is it best to stick to the big cities? Thanks a million in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 674 ✭✭✭spunkymunky

Hi there,

Sorry I know work threads can be done to death but I was searching through the past ones and couldn't find an answer. I was wondering how difficult it is to find office work in NZ? I'm currently a business analyst but happy to do any sort of office work within reason, are employers willing to hire working holiday visa holidays? Also is it best to stick to the big cities? Thanks a million in advance!

Hi

I think you'll be ok. Im based in Auckland and know a few people who have come across on WHV and managed to secure work in their area of expertise, not just any old office work.
    Check out Seek.co.nz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 991 ✭✭✭on_my_oe

You should be fine - use Seek and put your CV out to some agencies (Hays, Manpower etc) Kiwis are also using LinkedIn, so try and reach out there too.

Plenty of folk come in a working holiday visa, and have a great time, eventually settling down. You'll be viewed more positively than other visitors as you speak English as a first language.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 VVVinoVeritas

Thanks a million guys - I'm taking you advice and checking out SEEK & the agencies. Feel a little relieved now:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 674 ✭✭✭spunkymunky

Thanks a million guys - I'm taking you advice and checking out SEEK & the agencies. Feel a little relieved now:)

Ive heard it can be quite hard to get work while outside the country so maybe hold of applying while in Ireland. Just have the CV up to date and the references in check for when you get here.

Another thing I recommend it to give yourself a little time when you get here to see this beautiful country. I work with a lot of people we recruit from abroad. They land here and start work straight away and dont venture very far from Auckland.

Advertisement