Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheesecake recipe

Options
  • 20-08-2013 12:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭

Has any one got a good cheesecake recipe to share. I know I can google one but I was looking for one that someone had made and would recommend based on success.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭clintondaly

Not being smart here,but there was a good one on the back of the Philadelphia Cheese packets,tried and tested.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Has any one got a good cheesecake recipe to share. I know I can google one but I was looking for one that someone had made and would recommend based on success.

Ive made this a few times, goes down a treat normally. Had to upsize the recipe a bit to fit the springform tin i have. Could also ease back on the sugar a small bit, and i tend to get an extra half bar of white chocolate (the patisserie range in tesco is awesome for milk, white or dark) and chop it into little lumps and mix it in - nice surprise in the middle of your slice of cake

Edit forgot link

http://www.philadelphia.co.uk/Recipes/White-Chocolate-Raspberry-Cheesecake?r=51

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Mary Berry's lemon and lime cheesecake is a lovely recipe, nice simple chilled cheesecake. Recipe was in the Daily Mail a few months back so can be found on their website.
    If it's baked cheesecake you're after, I know I've used Nigella's basic recipe and possibly a chocolate one, both gorgeous. Sorry can't do links from phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

Loads on google too, Lots of people on here love food and experiment with different flavours and ingredients. I was kinda looking for a cheesecake with a personal twist if you know what I mean. Thanks for your suggestion.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Not being smart here,but there was a good one on the back of the Philadelphia Cheese packets,tried and tested.

Yep, this one was the best I've made.

/edit: Moved to Cakes & Bakes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭genuine leather

A cheesecake i love to make that can be changed to suit ones own taste.

5-6 oz melted butter mixed into 400grmms crushed digestives pressed lightly into a 12 springforrm tin.

Packet of strawberry jelly melted in a small amount of water and let cool slightly
    1/2 pint whipped cream
    1-2 packets of cream cheese, i like to use two cartons of low fat cream cheese that can be got in lidl for if i recall about 80c each.
    Two tubs of strawberry yogurt

Stir cheese in a bowl until softened,add balance of ingred stir and fold gently until combined,spread out on base,into the fridge for a few hrs.
    It has a lovely mousse like texture to it and the fruits from the yogurts work really well. The jelly and yogurts can be changed to your liking, strawberry is fav in this house.
    GL

Liana* wrote: »
    +1 for the Toblerone cheesecake recipe, very quick and easy to make and it tastes amazing!

Finally dug out my all-time favourite baked cheesecake recipe for you to try!
    The 'branding with a skewer' bit isn't necessary but it gives the cake a gorgeous finish.
    Raspberry Ripple Cheesecake
    Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celsius (Gas mark 3)
    Crush 200g digestive biscuits; Melt 100g butter. Stir together and press firmly into a parchment-lined 26 by 16 cm (approx.!) tin.
    Beat 300g full fat cream cheese til soft; Add 30g flour and 90g caster sugar and beat til creamy.
    Add 2 egg yolks, 142ml sour cream, 1/4 tsp salt, and 1 tsp vanilla extract. Stir well.
    In a separate bowl, beat 2 egg whites to 'stiff peaks'.
    Fold in the cream cheese mixture. Pour half the mixture onto the biscuit base.
    Spread 200g raspberry jam over this mixture; arrange 150g fresh raspberries randomly on top of the jam.
    Cover evenly with the remaining cream cheese mixture.
    Bake in the centre of the oven for 40-45 minutes til slightly brown.
    Allow to cool before refrigerating or serving (not suitable for freezing).
    To serve, dust the top of the cake with a generous layer of icing sugar, then 'brand' a criss-cross pattern on the top with a heated skewer.
    Yum!

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭namurt

This Baileys cheesecake http://www.irish-genealogy-toolkit.com/Irish-cream-cheesecake.html with the coffee jelly from here http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/5048/baileys-cheesecake is my favourite at the moment.

I don't add the chocolate to the cheesecake and the last time I made the jelly I added black food colouring (paste) to make it as dark as you see in the picture. It's yummy.

I also followed the cheesecake recipe and substituted strawberry puree for the Baileys and it was lovely too so I'm sure you could change it to suit your taste.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Rosy Posy

I like a baked cheesecake- Nigellas New York cheesecake does it for me- its in 'How to be a Domestic Godess'

Advertisement