Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dun laoighre

Options
  • 20-08-2013 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

I got an offer from dun laoighre and I'm trying to research the college before I decide to attend. So what is it like ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭jrmb

My sister studies there and I've visited a few times. It comes across as quite modern and well-equipped. It's small and a lot more intimate than the universities. The student body is very active and diverse. You won't get bored on the campus but the centre of Dún Laoghaire is further from IADT than you might expect.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Crunchy Friends

Small and more intimate than most places as mentioned already!
    Good social vibe, everyone is very friendly. Classes small enough that the lecturers know who you are.

Facilities wise - space is an issue. There's no gym but there is an all weather pitch and gyms are local enough with discounts for students. Good student services - an access officer to help with disabilities, financial issues etc., a writing and research support officer for help with study, research and assignments, student counsellor (all free to attend), health centre (free to see the nurses, a tenner to see the doctors).

Served by the 46a, 75 and 63 buses. 20-30 minute walk from Dun Laoghaire town where the DART leaves you off.

Advertisement