Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Make Friends Limerick

• 20-08-2013 10:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hey kat here I'm 24 and I'm moving to Limerick in a couple of weeks and I'm just looking to know where is a good place to meet people? Or Make mates. I'd be into the metal/hard rock scene and looking to go to gigs with people, coffee, just have fun basically! It's hard enough finding rockers anywhere! I don't know what the scene is like down there and male of female doesn't bother me. I've heard of this siege gig, is there anymore? and anyone likeminded out there who wants to have a laugh with me :) not sure if I posted this in right place either, sorry if I havent!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Siege still going on. Blind Pig / Dr Johns is your best bet. Costelloes too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

Keep an eye on the Bad Reputation Ireland facebook page, main metal/rock promoters in Limerick. Decent active (if small) metal scene.
    Bar wise, seachto7 is on the money. Add Dolans to that list too, plenty of gigs there of every genre. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 katmcf

Just added Bad reputation there thanks! Hope I'll meet a few like minded souls there anyway :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

katmcf wrote: »
    Just added Bad reputation there thanks! Hope I'll meet a few like minded souls there anyway :)

We're around! :)

Also, keep an eye on this thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=239236&page=19
    I regularly post details of any upcoming metal/rock gigs there.

Nice one thanks! I'll keep an eye out, and sure mite see you at a gig yet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

Im 33, but i usually drag the younger lads from my class in UL to these type of gigs :)
    your welcome to join us, if your around....I'm still flying the flag like i was still 17/18 as all I listen to are the bands I was obsessed with about back then CoF, metallica, slayer, fear factory, etc

...much to my missus disapproval ! she's non \m/(>.<) ...they dont get it :)

https://www.facebook.com/events/166237926882342/

Yeah alot of people don't get it!
    That gig looks savage, I'll look up some of the bands playing. Wil definately go to that!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 aussie_mella

Hey Kat, I'm new to Limerick also.

Give me a shout if you fancy a coffee/pint!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

There is a meetup.com group based in Limerick. you can pick and choose events you want to go to , whether you are a drinker or non-drinker. like sports or the outdoors, whatever you are in to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭xxlauraxxox

hey always up for a spot of shopping and a chat over coffee if u fancy give me an mail :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

OP,

You should post in the rock and metal forum here on Boards also.

There are a few Limerick boardsie on there that don't use the Limerick forum too often. Is an excellent forum (along with the classic rock forum) with lots of very friendly folk.

Didn't know there was a metal forum! I'll take a look thanks :) Yeah I would definately be up for that ladies :D

Advertisement