Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BTEA problem.

Options
  • 20-08-2013 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭

I had previously completed a one year level 6 PLC course and this year got advanced entry into a 3rd level college (DIT), I have been told by social welfare that it is not an advancement as they are both level 6 even though I am going into 2nd year in a 3rd level college. I found it hard to believe. Does anyone know if this is generally the case? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

No definitely not the case. Level 6 HETAC does constitute progression from level 6 FETAC. You can get BTEA to do this.

If it was a local DSP office you met someone who doesn't understand the progression structure between further education and higher education.

Maybe talk to the Back to Education section in Carrick on Shannon:
    Tel:(071) 967 2616
    Locall:1890 927 999

Advertisement