Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Headset connection.

Options
  • 20-08-2013 2:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭

Wasn't sure where to put this as it's not just a PS3 issue.

I've recently got a new TV and it has different audio connections than the last one. I was wondering if it's compatible with the headset I have or will I need a new one.

Tv connections

47pfl6008h_12_cow_.jpg

Headset connections

K9mzQE.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,374 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Wasn't sure where to put this as it's not just a PS3 issue.

I've recently got a new TV and it has different audio connections than the last one. I was wondering if it's compatible with the headset I have or will I need a new one.

Tv connections

47pfl6008h_12_cow_.jpg

Headset connections

K9mzQE.jpg

Well, the headset would generally plug straight into your PS3?

Even then, I'd have thought only the white and red connections (left and right speaker) because yellow is for video.

If you go via the TV then just plug the red into red and the white into white and ignore the yellow ands see how you get on.

EDIT: Scratch that. Maybe plug white into one of the 'L/Rs' and plug red into the other 'L/R'

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Mad_Dave

The headset will be compatible, but it can't connect straight into your tv. You're going to need to get an adaptor - afaik there's two choices. Either one that plugs into the scart socket like this
    or one that goes into the "Audio In" socket like this

Either should work for you, or any other type of convertor that changes the input to RCA female.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Mad_Dave wrote: »
    The headset will be compatible, but it can't connect straight into your tv. You're going to need to get an adaptor - afaik there's two choices. Either one that plugs into the scart socket like this
    or one that goes into the "Audio In" socket like this

Either should work for you, or any other type of convertor that changes the input to RCA female.
    Cheers. I have both of them somewhere in the house, I'll root them out and give them a go.

Is there any reason it needs to be connected to the TV also and not just the PS3?

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Mad_Dave

The ps3 only outputs sounds over the HDMI/AV/Optical and not USB, so you need two connections from your headset - one input (ps3 usb), one output (tv).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Is there any reason it needs to be connected to the TV also and not just the PS3?

You don't need to connect the AV cables to the TV to get sound from the headset you just need to use the right settings on the PS3, you only need to do it if you want sound from the TV and the PS3.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Cheers for the help folks. Very much appreciated.

Advertisement