Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Culture Module

Options
  • 20-08-2013 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I was just wondering what the Chinese Culture module in UCD was like? It is a stage 1 module in semester 1. And I was wondering what the group presentation was like if anyone has done this module before? Thanks!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭haro124

I was just wondering what the Chinese Culture module in UCD was like? It is a stage 1 module in semester 1. And I was wondering what the group presentation was like if anyone has done this module before? Thanks!
    its a good enough module ! Learn lots about China and it's culture etc. ! They had me at 'Free Chinese Meal' ;) That was great craic. We also had a Kungfu workshop one lecture and also calligraphy another time ! For the presentation you'll just be given a topic like ' Compare Sport in China and Ireland'. Each person in the group will pick a sub topic which you'll make slideshows of and present together in class . Main advice is not to do too many slides as you'll run out of time and lose marks. You then have to do an essay which basically was just a write up of your speech for your presentation.
    Theres a mid-term which is like 15% and has questions like ' Which continent is China in?' (I am not actually lying about that one:o).
    10% attendance which are easy marks
    Final exam is 45% which is an MCQ and 2 essays which is easy enough if you have put in some small amount of effort.Hope this helped !

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Chinese Culture

Thank you very much, that helped a lot!

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭beardedmaster

haro... your username is oddly appropriate to this thread...

Advertisement