Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ecce year fees

Options
  • 20-08-2013 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭

I'm just back from a toddler morning and I was talking to some of the other mams about the ecce year. It would seem that I'm the only one being asked to pay expensive registration fees (150) and I'm wondering is this the norm?
    Also, when I rang initially I was told to bring my daughter over and they would show us around, give us a welcome pack etc but when I went over I was just handed forms at the door and told to bring the money back to book her place.

I've heard nothing but good things about this place though and I'm friends with them on Facebook and have been constantly impressed by the activities the children do etc but I've just been kind of put off now. It's also only a short walk away but I've now been recommended the same Montessori and same teacher that I had when I was my daughters age, she only has small classes and from what I remember she was lovely. I would have to drive there though it wouldn't be a long drive and she seems much more open and welcoming but I don't know if she does much in the way of activities etc or is that even important when they're there to learn?

Would love to hear any opinions!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I would run a mile.

I would expect to be shown around anywhere before I part with a penny. My creche is private and they do not charge a fee for the year, everyone else I know went to a community play school or similar with out a fee.

I think there may be a top up fee for Montessori, but have no experience of that.

Do you mind if I ask if you have used a creche up till now or are you new to childcare as such? There are some brilliant leaflets available from your local Childcare Committee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

My philosophy always is, go with your gut instinct. A deposit is standard, we didn't have to pay it because ours was in there anyway, but others did. But I think you get it back?

They should have shown you around and explained the whole montessori idea to you. Even schools do that.

If a place gave me a form and asked for money, I wouldn't chose them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭marley123

Run a mile!!!!

We went down today to enrol our LO in the ECCE Scheme & were met in the Montessori office by the principal & given a very warm welcome, got a full tour of the facility and an outline of rough schedule etc.. Couldnt be happier! 3 hours sessional is free & we had the choice to pay a small weekly fee for an extra hour a day..

Advertisement