Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long are you off the analogs?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭halkar

10 months and counting happily:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

When you see savings like that, is it any wonder the governments of the world will latch onto any excuse they can find to ban e-cigs or tax them to the hilt, the only upside being that it finally exposes the lie that they are concerned about smokers health. They are far more concerned about our wallets. I paid more in tax on my smoke habit than I paid in income tax FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭daveyboynire

I started on an eCig 2 years now, however its only in the past month I have went full time, I am amazed how easy it is. I don't miss analogues at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭otherfrog

24 hours. Bought an e-cig on a whim yesterday.

Just gonna take it one day at a time - but initial impressions are very positive.

Biggest problem seems to be breaking the habit of going outdoors for a smoke whilst at home - I can happily vape inside now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭StickyIcky

grindle wrote: »
    Jesus eeloe... 10 grand?!? Sher you'd start a new business with that!

HAHAHA :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

72 days, tried an analogue a few weeks in and nearly got I'll, no going back for me, look at the money saved and cigs not smoked, insane.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

3 months today :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭StickyIcky

pinksoir wrote: »
    In the future, people will look back and wonder how people in our day and age smoked. It stinks, costs a ridiculous amount of money, makes you age rapidly, makes you feel like crap all the time and, worst of all, results in slow painful deaths and all manner of other illnesses and ailments both short term and long term. And we know all these things yet do it anyway. Complete insanity.

This is one of my favourite quotes from the Vaping & E-Smoking forum ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭Eileen Down

I passed the six month mark yesterday, so that's close to about 3000 cigarettes that I have avoided smoking. Actually I did have a couple of sneaky smokes at parties during the summer and now that I think of it I did share a french cigarette with a friend but what the hey, that still a lot of smoke not inhaled.
    *Pat myself on the back for a job well done.

Btw:I'm still using the very same Kt2 set with a non variable volt battery and vaping mostly Ry4 but I am early stages of suffering from "mod envy".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭funt cucker

2 years, started with the 510, then found the eGo, before it became the "T". Then got Píssed off with it leaking in my pocket, so I went back on the fags for 6 months. Then I found the Kanger T2 and 3. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 taz96

Two months off the stinkies now. Wish I could say I've saved a fortune...but no..spending too much money just trying to get the "right" set up...lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭funt cucker

taz96 wrote: »
    Two months off the stinkies now. Wish I could say I've saved a fortune...but no..spending too much money just trying to get the "right" set up...lol

Kanger T3 and an ego twist battery always has been solid for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭dePeatrick

Five weeks off them and ran out of everything.....one week on the analogues and I hate them with a vengeance, back to smelling of smoke and coughing....yuch....just ordered a load from esmokeireland tonight......gonna stick to vaping from now on.... Feels way healthier :)

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭SicklySweet

Decided in the New Year i would do my best to "evolve" as a person, if that makes sense. Gave up alcohol and went on a diet once the New Year rolled in. Still a bit nervous about my smoking habit. Wanted to get a hookah set up, yummy flavours, nicotine. Sounded like my kind of thing. Then i stumbled upon this forum, and on March 15, i received my first kit from e-smoke and juices from thebestshop. Went from 30 analogs to 3 within the day. Analog free since June 1. :)
    Giving up the cigs seemed so much harder than giving up the alcohol and going on a diet. Jaysus, i feel like i'm a vaping advert, but thank you to the boardsies for their help. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

100% Fag free almost a year, been on and off ecigs and combo E-cig/analogue for .... 3 or 4 years until I discovered DIY Juices and Batteries/Atties have got better and cheaper to the point of wayyyy more satisfaction than lighting up a stinky.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

was.deevey wrote: »
    100% Fag free almost a year, been on and off ecigs and combo E-cig/analogue for .... 3 or 4 years until I discovered DIY Juices and Batteries/Atties have got better and cheaper to the point of wayyyy more satisfaction than lighting up a stinky.

Tell me more:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stained Class

I just occurred to me that I'm just over a year off the smokes. \o/

Wouldn't have done it with out e-cigs.

Full Steam Ahead!:D

Two months now bar one week when I ran out of ecig supplies, never again, had to go through withdrawal all over again albeit over a shorter period......there is more to cigarettes than mere nicotene :)

I will stick religiously to vaping now.....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

dePeatrick wrote: »
    Two months now bar one week when I ran out of ecig supplies, never again, had to go through withdrawal all over again albeit over a shorter period......there is more to cigarettes than mere nicotene :)

I didn't get any withdrawal worth talking about, though I did switch gradually using both for a good few weeks.

• Advertisement

EGriff wrote: »
    I didn't get any withdrawal worth talking about, though I did switch gradually using both for a good few weeks.
    Probably the best thing to do....I had two weeks withdrawal when I quit, a "flu" best describes it....then again I had been smoking for four decades......:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭atsbury

Almost 1 year has elapsed since I quit the smokes! Been vaping ever since! Delighted with myself.

Advertisement