Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driving in Orlando (Disneyworld - INTL Drive)

Options
  • 20-08-2013 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭

Has anyone driven in Orlando?
    Not sure whether to hire a car for 2 weeks or rely on taxis
    Based on INTL drive and travelling to Magic Kingdom, Animal and the 3 universal theme parks and the airport of course.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

If I was going for less than a week, I wouldn't bother with hiring a car. There is a very good shuttle bus service that runs the length of I Drive, so I'd just use that. But if I was going to be there for 2 full weeks, I'd deffo get a car so that I could do a few day trips to the coast and what not. I'd get sick of doing nothing but theme parks and outlet shopping for two whole weeks. If you do get a car, find out first if your hotel offers free parking. Not all of them do. Having to cough up money to park a car for 2 weeks could be seriously expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

You could rent one for a few days.

Two weeks seems like a long time to be tied down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Redshift

Have been to Orlando a few times and like most places in the USA you really do need a car.
    Driving over there is very easy and you'd spend a fortune getting taxis everywhere.
    I'm going again next month and I wouldn't consider not hiring a car to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Speak Now

I wouldnt bother with a car if staying on international drive. Also ur hotel may well have a free lift to major parks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭johnayo

We stayed on International Drive last year for 2 weeks and had a car. If you are only planning on going to the theme parks close to International drive, then I wouldn't bother with a car. However if you were planning on going to Busch Gardens, or the Kennedy Space Centre or any of the beaches, a car would be necessary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Bannerman7

I have been lots and recomend a car.
    This link below will be usefull if you do have a car as has lots of info incl driving directions out of MCO to I Drive with pics. ;)

http://www.kissimmee-us192.com/british/mco_2_kissimmee1.html

http://www.kissimmee-us192.com/british/driving.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

Thanks all,

Looks like a car is the way to go

Advertisement