Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UL off-campus accommodation??

Options
  • 20-08-2013 3:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭

Left it a bit late I know, but where is the best/cheapest place for off campus accommodation for UL?
    Someone helppp
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭chicgroovy101

We've a double room in briarfield that we need to fill! 250e a month so cheap enough :) pm me if interested!

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭HungryEmperor

Same boat, didn't expect to get UL.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,553 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

There's quite a few rooms off campus adveritised on here. If anyones very stuck, I know two rooms in Elm, I can ask about so just pm :)

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Ginge Young

Not 100% certain it is the most up to date but check the first PDF file available here http://www.ulsu.ie/student-info/accom.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Geraldino1

Hi i just got accepted into Ul and was wondering what Groody Student Park is like and whether many first years go there?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Luize

Geraldino1 wrote: »
    Hi i just got accepted into Ul and was wondering what Groody Student Park is like and whether many first years go there?

I tries to apply there, their all booked out!

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭ricimaki

Look up Troy village, Courtyard village and Brookfield hall. Although they are a bit of a walk to UL (20-30 minutes), there is a free shuttle bus included with each of them .

• Registered Users Posts: 14 mrsound

Same problem left everything to the last minute! Plassey and kilmurry both full, can't afford any where else on campus, just wanna share a decent house with a few sound people who are a bitta craic! and not live miles away from the university! proving difficult though!

mrsound wrote: »
    Same problem left everything to the last minute! Plassey and kilmurry both full, can't afford any where else on campus, just wanna share a decent house with a few sound people who are a bitta craic! and not live miles away from the university! proving difficult though!

I know how you feel, trust me!
    I'm going viewing a few places on Saturday that still have rooms available, I can give you the numbers if you like?

that would be great, pm me! it's all about the atmosphere for me, gotta be a good buzz about the place (and be cheap)! 50-70 quid a week!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭ynwa14

I booked Brookfield because Groody was all gone and I didnt wanna be on a wait list for on campus once the term had started. Plus I do prefer the prospect of my own bathroom, and it was cheaper. Don't know anyone else staying there though so a bit nervous :/

ynwa14 wrote: »
    I booked Brookfield because Groody was all gone and I didnt wanna be on a wait list for on campus once the term had started. Plus I do prefer the prospect of my own bathroom, and it was cheaper. Don't know anyone else staying there though so a bit nervous :/

I was gonna book it but I wasn't sure about it.
    How much is it? And how long before they get back to you and let you know if you can have a room?

was considering brookefield myself, a bit put off by how far out it is from the college though! Have you been up there to view it?

Can't remember the exact fee but its about 3100 for a year. They have 2, 3 and 4 bedroomed apartments and all your bills and stuff are included. All the rooms have ensuits and you get free internet and full sky tv package as well. I went down to visit a friend there last year and it was basic enough, but quite nice I though. Kitchen/living room area with table, couch, tv, all the electrical stuff and bedrooms have single beds, desks, wardrobe and shelving.

As soon as I paid my deposit of 290 my booking was confirmed that day, they told me students can start moving in from the 2nd of Sept and as far as I know they still have rooms available :D

Oh, and its not too far - took me 15 minutes to cycle? They have a regular shuttle bus and nightlink though, which are free as well as discounted taxis!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 lilmissbob

If you want to be a bit closer, try Milford. There's a few nice places in Briarfield as well. It's a bit of a walk, but there are better shops closer to Briarfield and Elm than there is to Brookfield, you have superquinn, cinema, McDonalds, a pharmacy and some other shops!

ynwa14 wrote: »
    Can't remember the exact fee but its about 3100 for a year. They have 2, 3 and 4 bedroomed apartments and all your bills and stuff are included. All the rooms have ensuits and you get free internet and full sky tv package as well. I went down to visit a friend there last year and it was basic enough, but quite nice I though. Kitchen/living room area with table, couch, tv, all the electrical stuff and bedrooms have single beds, desks, wardrobe and shelving.

As soon as I paid my deposit of 290 my booking was confirmed that day, they told me students can start moving in from the 2nd of Sept and as far as I know they still have rooms available :D

Oh, and its not too far - took me 15 minutes to cycle? They have a regular shuttle bus and nightlink though, which are free as well as discounted taxis!

Cheers for the info, sounds pretty good, probably the best I can hope for at this stage! single bed myt be a problem though..ha

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭numnumcake

If you go on daft.ie there is always a good few houses to rent or share around the Castletroy area! I stayed in Milford last year and loved it. It's close to college as well as Superquinn and Lidl etc. Elm Park has some nice places too and it's only about an extra 5-10 minutes from college.

Is Briarfield a good place? I'm going to look at a few houses there on Saturday.
    Like how far is it? And is it safe?? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 braveheart1

Got a 3/4 bedroom house in elm park to rent. All mod cons. Very comfortable house. 087 6210700

• Registered Users Posts: 31 crazyjav101

My dad has 4 rooms to rent in no,32 Oaklawns, total 7 rooms. There are 3x 4th year girls will be there. Doing mind sharing with 1st years. More than likely, the rest of the house will be filled with 1st years. 65 euro a week minus bills. Electricity is on pre-pay. Broaband is UPC at average 7 euro odd a month when divided amongst 7. Oaklawns is very near the East Gate. Estate is mostly 1st and 2nd years. ). If you see this ad, contact us a.s.a.p. as we are having a lot of inquiries from 1st years. here it is on daft http://www.daft.ie/searchsharing.daft?id=719320

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Confusled247

I've also booked Brookfield. Did not expect to be going to UL so I just booked the quickest thing I could because I was afraid I mightn't get anything and Brookfield seemed to be the only place with rooms left. I was told after by a UL student that its sbose to be full of foreigners, I don't know anyone else going there and I'm ****ting it. I want a bit of craic couldn't care less that it's a bit far from college. It seems grand out and the owners or whoever it was i was talking to seemed sound out! anyone heard anything else or know anyone who has stayed there before? Eeeeeeeek

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭numnumcake

I've also booked Brookfield. Did not expect to be going to UL so I just booked the quickest thing I could because I was afraid I mightn't get anything and Brookfield seemed to be the only place with rooms left. I was told after by a UL student that its sbose to be full of foreigners, I don't know anyone else going there and I'm ****ting it. I want a bit of craic couldn't care less that it's a bit far from college. It seems grand out and the owners or whoever it was i was talking to seemed sound out! anyone heard anything else or know anyone who has stayed there before? Eeeeeeeek

I haven't stayed there but I know people that have and loved it! The management there are meant to be fairly sound and the place itself is nice too, good sized rooms etc. There are always a few international students in every place especially on- campus but there's always loads of Irish people too so don't feel like you'll be left out! I was at many a good house party there are you'll meet loads of people up for the craic so I wouldn't worry about it too much! :)

Same boat mate! There are a few from boards Ive talked to staying at Brookfield and I've heard good things from those who've stayed before. Apparently management are sound as which is good. (I'm english I'm assuming I'm not considered one of the foreigners in this situation :P ) I'm moving down Monday week though so will report then sure if you're not already down yourself!

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭irelandjoe

Have rooms in a very nice house
    https://www.facebook.com/JCPropertyIreland

Luize wrote: »
    Is Briarfield a good place? I'm going to look at a few houses there on Saturday.
    Like how far is it? And is it safe?? :P

Hi is safe and is 7 mins from UL walking. See you up there on Saturday :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Confusled247

Cheers for that! :) tbh I think I'm more worried about who ill be housed with rather than the living standards :D I'll be up Tuesday week, looking forward it! :)

Cheers for that! :) tbh I think I'm more worried about who ill be housed with rather than the living standards :D I'll be up Tuesday week, looking forward it! :)

have to agree with you that is why we interview Parents / students going in, Our houses are high standard and clean.

If you want to view we are here all day and next week.

detail here

https://www.facebook.com/JCPropertyIreland

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Gonna be in Elm Park, house seems pretty nice, definitely one of the best I've seen there.

But yeah unless the place is absolutely horrible, I'd also be more worried about who I'm living with rather than the house, I'm fairly tolerant in that regard.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭ProfanityURL

I would go for troy over brookfield, its a bit closer to UL and more importantly its only around the corner from Grudy pizza (epic) and generally I think the apartments are a lot nicer aswell... There are lots of nice empty houses in curragh birin which is the estate behind grudy and troy which tend to be a little bit more modern, nicer and warmer than a lot of the houses in elm park and milford.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 LimerickX

have house to rent in BRIERFIELD. 6 bedroom. large house in excellent condition.pm me if interested and can share the daft.ie ad also.

Advertisement