Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom - way to piss off a customer

Options
  • 20-08-2013 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

So I'm with Eircom for the last 5 years since I moved in.

For most utility bills I'm fortunate enough to be able to pay with out any difficulties, I don't use direct debit as my main bank account is not in Ireland. 

With my Gas and ESB, bins, Sky, I usually prepay my annual bill at the beginning of the Year in ADVANCE. I can be away with work occasionally for extended periods.

So with eircom I was paying by debit card when the bills came but few months ago I decided I would do the same as my other bills. So I paid 1000€ to Eircom which I figured would cover me until the end of the year.

Problem is Eircom have what seems to be the most pathetic excuse for a billing system, that  seems to think that the approx 700€ prepaid CREDIT on my account is actually an unpaid bill.

I called Eircom about changing the talk time package a few weeks ago and got hassled by the operator to make an immediate payment of approx 700€ with my card as I was in arrears, after explaining that I was in credit, this moron couldn't get her head around it.

So today, I'm now getting the friendly automated reminder calls that my account is in arrears and risks being disconnected.

I just checked the mail and the bill is there again showing my credit incorrectly and saying that I will be disconnected.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

So I'm with Eircom for the last 5 years since I moved in.

For most utility bills I'm fortunate enough to be able to pay with out any difficulties, I don't use direct debit as my main bank account is not in Ireland. 

With my Gas and ESB, bins, Sky, I usually prepay my annual bill at the beginning of the Year in ADVANCE. I can be away with work occasionally for extended periods.

So with eircom I was paying by debit card when the bills came but few months ago I decided I would do the same as my other bills. So I paid 1000€ to Eircom which I figured would cover me until the end of the year.

Problem is Eircom have what seems to be the most pathetic excuse for a billing system, that  seems to think that the approx 700€ prepaid CREDIT on my account is actually an unpaid bill.

I called Eircom about changing the talk time package a few weeks ago and got hassled by the operator to make an immediate payment of approx 700€ with my card as I was in arrears, after explaining that I was in credit, this moron couldn't get her head around it.

So today, I'm now getting the friendly automated reminder calls that my account is in arrears and risks being disconnected.

I just checked the mail and the bill is there again showing my credit incorrectly and saying that I will be disconnected.
    Hi stonecipher

Can you PM me with the eircom account number and I will look into the account / payment for you.

Thanks, Mark 

Advertisement