Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trinity Freshers 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Richieee

sganyfx wrote: »
    Yes it does?
    Maybe I should have worded that different. It does exist on your timetable, but in reality the lecture doesn't exist. It has been listed on the timetable for 4 years+ now for some reason, despite it not actually taking place.

Check page 18 of last year's presentation for example.

http://www.tcd.ie/bess/downloads/TR081%20BESS%20JF%20Presentation%202012.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭sganyfx

Richieee wrote: »
    Maybe I should have worded that different. It does exist on your timetable, but in reality the lecture doesn't exist. It has been listed on the timetable for 4 years+ now for some reason, despite it not actually taking place.

Check page 18 of last year's presentation for example.

http://www.tcd.ie/bess/downloads/TR081%20BESS%20JF%20Presentation%202012.pdf

Ah alright, thank you very much :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25 theoneguyy

sganyfx wrote: »
    For anyone doing BESS, judging from the module timetables our timetable should be this:

Monday
    9am to 11am Law (No idea about the other modules)
    12pm to 1pm Management and Organisation

Tuesday
    11am to 12pm Sociology
    12pm to 1pm Political Science

Wednesday
    10am to 11am Economics
    12pm to 1pm Maths and Stats
    5pm to 6pm Political Science

Thursday
    11am to 12pm Maths and Stats
    12pm to 2pm Economics
    4pm to 5pm Sociology

No idea if this will be the actual timetable or not. Hopefully it is, Friday's with no lectures
    That would be soo good if we had nothing on fridays :D

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭KJY

Should that Management and Organisation lecture be 12pm to 2pm so?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

KJY wrote: »
    Should that Management and Organisation lecture be 12pm to 2pm so?

That's shared with MSISS. The lectures are 12 to 2 but the seminar are either 12-1 or 1-2. You have 5/6 lectures in the whole year as far as I remember, the rest are seminars.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 mischelle

Silly question , but does everyone start on the 23rd or is it depend on your course? Can't find out Cus I can't get my timetable !

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭KJY

Can anyone else not pay there Accommodation fees on the Portal?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

mischelle wrote: »
    Silly question , but does everyone start on the 23rd or is it depend on your course? Can't find out Cus I can't get my timetable !

Yes, aside from a few courses who have placement/special teaching (not JF), everyone starts back on the 23rd.

Just be prepared to come in on that day unless your timetable/department tells you otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

Do we have to pay student levi?

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Eoin247

It says that the due date for the first instalment is sep 1. Obviously thats changed, anybody know what date it is now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 theoneguyy

Eoin247 wrote: »
    It says that the due date for the first instalment is sep 1. Obviously thats changed, anybody know what date it is now?

It's the 23rd

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6 vdlounge

is anyone going voodoo lounge on saturday?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

how do you get the confirmation of registration thats needed to collect the student ID card ?

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭zinfandel

how do you get the confirmation of registration thats needed to collect the student ID card ?

having problem with this as well, have paid first instalment but as I was previously a student elsewhere had to fill in a FRS2 form which i got signed, stamped and returned , but they have not updated portal so i cant complete registration.
    Anyone knows what happens if you arrive to collect ID without it, but with confirmation of payment??
    Everytime I try and ring Student registry it just cuts off :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

Yeah exactly same problem myself, I handed in the FRS2 form last Friday, took the persons name etc, she told me to contact her direct line if I have anymore problems, been ringing it since, voicemail :(

It wont let me go any further with the registration :mad: I gave in SUSI letter as well, yet still being invoiced for full fees and contribution
    zinfandel wrote: »
    having problem with this as well, have paid first instalment but as I was previously a student elsewhere had to fill in a FRS2 form which i got signed, stamped and returned , but they have not updated portal so i cant complete registration.
    Anyone knows what happens if you arrive to collect ID without it, but with confirmation of payment??
    Everytime I try and ring Student registry it just cuts off :mad:

bri007 wrote: »
    Yeah exactly same problem myself, I handed in the FRS2 form last Friday, took the persons name etc, she told me to contact her direct line if I have anymore problems, been ringing it since, voicemail :(

It wont let me go any further with the registration :mad: I gave in SUSI letter as well, yet still being invoiced for full fees and contribution

Crap , you gave it in last friday and it has not updated, i left mine in yesterday morning and was told it should update by end of day.
    My invoice is showing full fees as well, AFAIK i only have to pay half, so i paid first installment, but still wont let me complete.
    Any chance you could pm me the direct number you have, I have to keep going through the TCD switchboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

PM sent
    Crap , you gave it in last friday and it has not updated, i left mine in yesterday morning and was told it should update by end of day.
    My invoice is showing full fees as well, AFAIK i only have to pay half, so i paid first installment, but still wont let me complete.
    Any chance you could pm me the direct number you have, I have to keep going through the TCD switchboard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 antel0pe

Anyone know if you can get those wristbands this monday?

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Eoin247

Got a question for those staying in halls. Once wet get there on Friday do we just hang around the place during the weekend or do most people just head off?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭outnumbered

Got a question for those staying in halls. Once wet get there on Friday do we just hang around the place during the weekend or do most people just head off?
    I wanted to know this too.
    I'd say people head into town frequently. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭RabbitHearted

I wanted to know this too.
    I'd say people head into town frequently. :D

I thought attendance at some of the hall orientation events was mandatory?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Daefon

There'll be a lot of stuff happening over the weekend. For example, on Saturday, a bunch of societies will come out to allow people in Halls sign up early. Also, the JCR, who are essentially the Students Union for Halls, will have events organised both during the day and going out at night.

You can of course head off but the best time to get to know people is when nobody knows anyone so I'd recommend hanging around. It's particularly important for getting to know your new housemates.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Justice!

I went into Trinity in person today since it had been literally 11 days since I had handed in my FRS2 form... The woman behind the desk said that there is a massive backlog and they have had a lot of admin problems since they have moved the fees office from dame st to the hamilton. She said "optimistically" it should be tomorrow but it could be next week when the tcd portal gets updated :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭ahmdoda

Justice! wrote: »
    I went into Trinity in person today since it had been literally 11 days since I had handed in my FRS2 form... The woman behind the desk said that there is a massive backlog and they have had a lot of admin problems since they have moved the fees office from dame st to the hamilton. She said "optimistically" it should be tomorrow but it could be next week when the tcd portal gets updated :(
    thats good to hear and thanks too as i was planning to go tomorow for the same reason but you saved me the trip :P

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Offside

Just a word of advice, Trinity Fresher's Ball in Academy last year was reallly disappointing. Trinity Ents (the student events group in Trinity) have organised the same for this year in the Academy on the Monday of Fresher's Week but if I were a Fresher again I'd steer well clear of it. It's overpriced and not worth the money.

The lineup for the freshers ball is incredibly good! I'd pay 15 euro to see le galaxie, klingande and Ben Pearce by themselves, let alone all in one night. If you are into the music definitely go, sure beats basshunter over at UCD. Le galaxie rocked EP. Klingande are bringin in a live sax which will be cool. Saw Ben Pearce at Life festival and he puts on a good show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYmLhn3qJ6Y Klingande
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFhSLB-Ys0k ben pearce
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8_aIK_fUh0 le galaxie finale at EP

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭airsofter1234

do you know if we can bring a non student +1 to the freshers ball on monday?

ahmdoda wrote: »
    thats good to hear and thanks too as i was planning to go tomorow for the same reason but you saved me the trip :P

So does that mean we cant collect ID on Monday??
    What happens then, presumably we cant even access timetables and stuff, this is so annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Anita Blow

You should have a specified time to pick up your ID on your orientation timetable.

Anita Blow wrote: »
    You should have a specified time to pick up your ID on your orientation timetable.

apparently if you have not completed registration and printed out a pre reg form, ( due to TCD's admin backlog ) you cannot pick up your ID or access anything re timetables etc.
    This could take 2 weeks to rectify....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 Skcornnelg

Regarding the FRS2 form. I emailed then and asked could I scan the completed form and email it to them. They said yes. I mailed it yesterday and my portal was updated today.

Advertisement