Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trinity Freshers 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭RabbitHearted

CiaraD123 wrote: »
    I have only gotten the welcome email from the Provost guy but nothing else. I suppose Trinity starts back later than other colleges so we might get registration emails later too?

i haven't even got that email :O

• Registered Users Posts: 25 theoneguyy

For BESS do we need to send in our selected module before we actually start in September?

Suppose I'll introduce myself :D
    Aaron, 18, doing Pharmacy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Hollykbyrne

theoneguyy wrote: »
    For BESS do we need to send in our selected module before we actually start in September?

Yeah I think we need to send them in by September 13th :)

Yeah I think we need to send them in by September 13th :)

Do we just post it in or do we have to go up ourselves? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 HelloFluffy

Heya, I just have a question on the Free Fees Initiative.
    Is this totally separate from getting a grant? All the eligibility guidelines are very broad and include a majority of students, so is it guaranteed that everyone can avail of it?

So yeah, if anyone would care to explain what's going on and how I can sign up, that'd be deadly! There's a form on the Treasurer's page but it seems to be dated 2011..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Anita Blow

The cost of the course is made up of the tuition fee & student contribution.
    If you're an Irish/EU Citizen & Resident then your tuition fee will be waived automatically when you register so no need to do anything.
    If you have applied for and received a grant, SUSI will pay the student contribution (€2750 this year), otherwise you pay this yourself.

On top of this, TCD students pay €10 USI Levy which funds the USI, & around €75 for the Sports facilities. These aren't covered by the grant so either way the student pays these.

Anita Blow wrote: »
    The cost of the course is made up of the tuition fee & student contribution.
    If you're an Irish/EU Citizen & Resident then your tuition fee will be waived automatically when you register so no need to do anything.
    If you have applied for and received a grant, SUSI will pay the student contribution (€2750 this year), otherwise you pay this yourself.

On top of this, TCD students pay €10 USI Levy which funds the USI, & around €75 for the Sports facilities. These aren't covered by the grant so either way the student pays these.

That's brilliant, thanks a million! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

Suppose I'll jump in here for an introduction seeing as I finally managed to jump through Trinity's hoops to find my student ID and apply for Halls. Still waiting for anything official though :(

Áine, 18, English Lit. and Modern Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 goroved

I'm so jealous of you guys! I'm going into final year.. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Daleyford

Dale, 17, Physio :D

Can anyone doing a health course here tell me what the story is on Garda vetting and Health screening? Has anyone sorted theirs out yet or do we wait until we receive a letter from Trinity. Im a bit all over the place :)

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭_LilyRose_

Daleyford wrote: »
    Dale, 17, Physio :D

Can anyone doing a health course here tell me what the story is on Garda vetting and Health screening? Has anyone sorted theirs out yet or do we wait until we receive a letter from Trinity. Im a bit all over the place :)

You can print out the garda vetting form and send it off whenever, I did it last week :) Don't know about the health screening I don't think I need one for pharmacy?... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

anyone get sceim conaithe?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Hollykbyrne

theoneguyy wrote: »
    Do we just post it in or do we have to go up ourselves? :)

I work on college green so ill probably just run over when I get a chance and bring it in, but I'd say post it, cause most people probably don't live in the immediate area I'd doubt they would insist you drop it in :)

Woah, got my first choice in the second round!
    Music and Film Studies, let's be havin' yeh!
    :D

I work on college green so ill probably just run over when I get a chance and bring it in, but I'd say post it, cause most people probably don't live in the immediate area I'd doubt they would insist you drop it in :)

Cool thanks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭outnumbered

Finally got the ID officially! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13 DuineGael

The post just arrived and still no sign of anything, if that's anything to go by. I'm getting antsy and impatient!

According to the Trinity Clubs and Socs page on facebook, freshers should be getting letters in the post from Monday onwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 DuineGael

Jeff, 19, Economics and Philosophy TSM.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 CiaraD123

Hey all I thought I'd let you know that Business and French orientation timetable is up so I guess that means Trinity is getting on top of things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Eoin247

Does TCD have its own black Monday? Considering that we start later than other places.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Psych2013

Someone should start a facebook group for finding trinity hall flatmates! (Or is there one that I am unaware of :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Smiley Laura

• Registered Users Posts: 16 spalpinfanach

Could some one tell me whats the story for missing days... Do you lose percentages or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 CiaraD123

Hey guys I've just checked my TCD account and I'm able to pay fees and register so you might want to check your accounts too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 lod531

Before you pay your fees you must wait and register, an e-mail will be sent out some time later. For example, most of us won't have to pay tuition fees, only the student contribution.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 fuzzy_cactus

Anyone doing science know if we can log in to the web portal yoke yet? I was under the impression that that was the same as registering and we couldn't do it until we pick modules but someone else I know doing science has logged in, now I'm confused...

• Registered Users Posts: 19 marsn

Anyone doing science know if we can log in to the web portal yoke yet? I was under the impression that that was the same as registering and we couldn't do it until we pick modules but someone else I know doing science has logged in, now I'm confused...

I'm doing science and I can log in to the my.tcd.ie portal, but all it really says is that further functionality will be added to the portal account following formal registration. Is that what you're getting?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 fuzzy_cactus

marsn wrote: »
    I'm doing science and I can log in to the my.tcd.ie portal, but all it really says is that further functionality will be added to the portal account following formal registration. Is that what you're getting?

OH, okay, so logging into the portal and registering are two separate things, thought they were the same and therefore thought we couldn't log in yet XD Haven't tried logging in yet, I assume I'll get the same thing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 golden4ce

How do you register? Do you get a letter from TCD to register after you send the Gardaí Vetting?

Advertisement