Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EA Offering Origin Game Guarantees

• 20-08-2013 5:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭

:eek:

http://www.origin.com/us/news/origin-great-game-guarantee
    The new Origin Great Game Guarantee works like this: You may return EA full game downloads (PC or Mac) purchased on Origin for a full refund--within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from when you purchased it, or within the first seven days after the game's release date if you pre-ordered it (whichever of these conditions happens first).

Apparently, this only works for EA-developed and EA-published partner games for now, and does not apply to DLC, though they are looking into the ability to expand the program to cover games from other publishers and developers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

EA doing something that might benefit the consumer?

<head asplode>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Well at €60+ for each new game they need something going for them.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I reckon it's a "please don't sue us over Simcity" move - or possibly their legal team, having taken a loss in the US last month, realising that they can't keep fighting the law and expect to win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Baked.noodle

It will get fun when we purchase keys from third parties, and refund from EA. Guess there could be issues with when the third party purchased it. My head hurts. Probably will hurt third party sales..

It will get fun when we purchase keys from third parties, and refund from EA. Guess there could be issues with when the third party purchased it. My head hurts. Probably will hurt third party sales..
    I don't think it will,

why do people buy 3rd party = cheaper prices.

Will EA lower their prices now = No

• Advertisement

I guess your right. It's the only reason I can think why EA would do this without being told to though. I suppose it sounds good, but it would have taken more than 24 hours to work out SimCity sucked. So much for the refund there. Perhaps we should ask nicely for an escape clause if it transpires that they didn't tell the truth, going forward of course. :P

I never pre-order an EA game, they oversupply all bricks and mortar stores anyway so you could always get copies post launch easily.
    They have screwed up so many franchises its ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Okay, I think I woke up in the wrong Universe some time last week, first EA donating all the proceeds from a humble sale to charity. Now they're offering a, conditional, refund on digital goods. I had better shave off the goatee to blend in over here.

It's an dream in an alternate universe where you keep buying the game over and over again, swapping and saving, swapping and saving your god given right to save the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Why would EA refund you for a transaction they never had a part in? A key activation won't be considered the same as a purchase from the Origin store.

• Advertisement

You are right of course, but you never know if I bought a third party key, and if the game sucked, I'd give it a go and try refund my game. Probably not going to get anywhere, but ya never know. Anyway, I guess this is EA's idea of making Origin sales more attractive, to dopes.

Advertisement