Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Update modded xbox 360

Options
  • 20-08-2013 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭

I stupidly did not update the xbox 360 before I had it modded. Its a samsung drive and the dashboard is 2.0.9199. I am not interested in online play but I need to update the console to play anything recent. However, I get an e66 error when I do so. The console is fine after a re-boot. I have read that it may be possible to hook in a non-flashed dvd drive and update it, then swap it back.

I paid to have it flashed so I don't want to get it flashed back to stock, update and then re-flashed.

Any advice etc on this would be most welcome. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

You cannot use another xbox DVD drive because that DVD drive will have a different drive key to the one your xbox expects. Either way you need a flash so contact your modder. In my opinion they did a poor job by not updating you to the latest dashboard before flashing the drive and should do it for you for free.

Advertisement