Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Get Horizon without changing package

• 20-08-2013 7:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 924 ✭✭✭

This may have been answered elsewhere but I can't find it in existing threads (or on the UPC site).

I have the basic UPC tv package and basic (I think) broadband, I'm in contract until next July. I'm wondering:

- Can I get the Horizon box without upgrading or getting a phone package

- Do you have to pay if you are already in contract.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,498 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Ask for an upgrade to HD, you'll get a Horizon box. Might cost about €5 p.m. extra but worth it for RTE2, BBC1 & 2 plus possibly a few others depending on which channel bundle you're on, check the UPC website for the various bundles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭paulboland

okedoke wrote: »
    This may have been answered elsewhere but I can't find it in existing threads (or on the UPC site).

I have the basic UPC tv package and basic (I think) broadband, I'm in contract until next July. I'm wondering:

Thanks

You can get Horizon a few ways

1 Horizon TV only

2 Horizon TV/Broadband/Phone

1. http://www.upc.ie/television/

2 http://www.upc.ie/deals/tvbroadbandphone/

There are only 2 TV packs now
    Value Pack is gone not available on Horizon

Horizon Select extra TV 80 channels
    19 HD Channels
    Horizon Max TV 100 channels
    20 HD Channels
    HD Channels come as standard with Horizon no HD pack required

You can still keep Broadband seperate if you already have broadband

But you must tell them that first before your order it

Or using online only order Horizon TV
    No broadband or Phone

I would still call them to make sure they don't activate the broadband in Horizon when you get it and run its setup
    But to pay for broadband and TV as seperate packages will work out dearer than getting all 3 as one package

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 924 ✭✭✭okedoke

Thanks - will probably stay as I am for the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

okedoke wrote: »

Thanks

You can get Horizon without a phone on a TV/BB bundle: http://www.upc.ie/deals/TvandBroadband/

How does the cost of this compare to your current package? You'll need to pay the €45 connection fee and you'll be in a new 12 month contract which supercedes the previous one.

I'm on a triple play bundle at the moment having been on the trial, but I don't need/use the phone so will be changing to the Horizon Select Extra 100 giving me an upgrade to 100Mb BB and a cheaper bill by €0.50 a month...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 896 ✭✭✭nialler

€45 for the box, €7 less expensive per month for the package, 19 HD channels over my last package (Basic digital + phone + 150mb)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 924 ✭✭✭okedoke

Seems to be €10 more expensive than my current package, and I didn't think i had a download allowance on my current package but I'm not sure.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

paulboland wrote: »
    Value Pack is gone not available on Horizon

Very surprised that Digital Value is gone, particularly when DSO has yet to happen on cable - the cheapest pack (Digital Select) now is €34.50. I wonder if they will still allow you to order it by phone.

The equivalent bundle for me is €17 more expensive - I'd take up Horizon if there was really only a fiver in the difference (which basically pays for HD) but not at that price.

UPC are advertising the Horizon bundles at their discounted price on the website, only mentioning in the small print that the price goes up by a wopping €30 pm after six months, and furthermore that existing customers get charged at the higher price from the word go.

Advertisement