Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone in east cork on voda dsl having terrible speed tonight?

• 20-08-2013 9:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭

Midleton here, just back home after a couple of days. everything was fine on sunday....tonight speeds are terrible. voda are supposed to have fiber active on my line on the 28th... perhaps they're working on it?

anyone else in the area suffering?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Have you tried disconnecting the filter and connecting the modem directly into the main telephone socket and doing a speed test?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭pro_gnostic_8

Terrible speeds ( and intermittent disconnects ) also here tonight -- 4 miles down the road from you in Castlemartyr.
    This has been a regular issue now for the past 3 weeks.

It is a network problem; I'm with Eircom. Others I spoken with in the wider East Cork area down as far as Ballycotton are experiencing similar (both Voda and Eircom customers).
    It really is getting irksome now; I am very seriously considering abandoning Eircom after 20 years of having them as my ISP. (I'm looking at East Cork Broadband -- satellite internet provider. Have you heard any reports about them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Very poor here (just off main street Midleton) from about 4pm onwards.

I presume it the fiber rollout

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Dazza

same here in Ballycotton. Very poor lately. used to get 3meg all day but now the max i can get is 1meg and it keeps disconnecting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Dazza

Terrible speeds ( and intermittent disconnects ) also here tonight -- 4 miles down the road from you in Castlemartyr.
    This has been a regular issue now for the past 3 weeks.

It is a network problem; I'm with Eircom. Others I spoken with in the wider East Cork area down as far as Ballycotton are experiencing similar (both Voda and Eircom customers).
    It really is getting irksome now; I am very seriously considering abandoning Eircom after 20 years of having them as my ISP. (I'm looking at East Cork Broadband -- satellite internet provider. Have you heard any reports about them?

East cork broadband are meant to be very reliable however if youre in castlemartyr i would reccommend novanetworks.ie . Were waiting on an install from them . Have a look at ratemyisp.ie for reviews of them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 63 ✭✭Barry5714

Same here very bad all day yesterday in Castlemartyr Sky Broadband 0.4 Mbps back to normal today 6.2 Mbps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

back to normal today too. It didnt disconnect last night (and rarely does) and my speeds are back to 5/6 mb which is the max i can possibly get, and it's rarely bad for me with voda which is why i stick with them.

I have my own router which may help things. Here's hoping we have fibre next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭pro_gnostic_8

Dazza wrote: »
    East cork broadband are meant to be very reliable however if youre in castlemartyr i would reccommend novanetworks.ie . Were waiting on an install from them . Have a look at ratemyisp.ie for reviews of them
    Cheers Dazza, thank you for that.
    Interesting. I have looked at Novanetworks on your suggestion.
    However, I have to say the monthly scrip is that bit higher than East Cork Broadband's rate.
    Nova: up to 4 MB -- €37
    E.C.B: up to 7 MB -- €30

I'll have to think it over. :)

Advertisement