Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shoe shop Stillorgan in 1970s

Options
  • 20-08-2013 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Does anyone remember the name of the shoe shop in Stillorgan? The one that was taken over by Arnotts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Samphire

Was it Kenny's Shoe Shop??

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to the South County Dublin forum.

Is it any of the stores named in this article?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,445 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Are we talking about the corner unit in the Stillorgan SC now occupied by Ecco roughly opposite Dubray books?

Arnotts arrived there I think about 12-15 years ago but it wasn't originally a shoe shop alone. They started off selling sports accessories like head and wrist bands, sports bras, ladies fashion accessories (belts and bags) and mens' and ladies' shoes. Later they shrunk the stock to shoes (men and women) and ladies accessories (belts and bags) only and then they shrunk the floor space as well by giving up a unit of shop space on the side opposite the Dunnes shop until it became the shop that eventually became the Ecco unit that's there today.

I can't remember who was there before Arnotts.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Chinagirl76

Samphire wrote: »

It was Kenny's!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

Yes it was Kenny's - they opened up with the centre in '69(?). They always had great sales I remember

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭christmas2010

Yes definitely Kennys. It originally had a passageway around the back of the shop which was later closed off. Remember it as a favourite spot for loitering teenagers!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Samphire wrote: »

Used to get all me school shoes there

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭zagmund

Yes definitely Kennys. It originally had a passageway around the back of the shop which was later closed off. Remember it as a favourite spot for loitering teenagers!

Wow, yeah, I remember that passageway now that you mention it. Good times, good times.

z

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Yeah.....the passageway. Same here. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭annieoburns

Yes the old Kenny's shoeshop was like an island with the corridor on two sides. And there was the "Way In" boutique there where I got my first mini skirt :)

I miss Arnotts/decent shoeshop:(

• Advertisement
Advertisement