Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerrang Tour! 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Pingi

From the faveboook page
    [Lockdown Dublin and Demented Promotions Present: DJ LETHAL (LIMP BIZKIT & HOUSE OF PAIN DJ) 

DJ LETHAL (Limp Bizkit/House of Pain DJ) will be taking over The Twisted Pepper along with Lockdown DJs on support duties for a mega dance party on the 11th Feb, right after Limp Bizkit finish rocking the Olympia on the Kerrang! Tour! 

DOOR TAX:€5 WITH KERRANG! TOUR TICKET/ POST FOR CHEAPLIST ON THE EVENT WALL€8 ON THE DOOR OR FROM TICKETMASTER & BODYTONIC

Drink promos:10 x €10 3 x Brahma 3 x Bavaria 2 x Absolut & Coke 2 x Absolut & Energy 2 x Cuba Libre 2 x Mojito 2 x Jameson & Coke 2 x Moscow Mule 2 x Black Russian 2 x Single Serve Wine

Let's party like it's 2001.#partyhard- Lockdown and Demented Crew/QUOTE]

Has anybody see a run order for the night? What time would you think LB would be on? Have seated and might be late coming from work.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Pingi wrote: »
    Has anybody see a run order for the night? What time would you think LB would be on? Have seated and might be late coming from work.

Guess they should be on about 9/9:30

• Closed Accounts Posts: 970 ✭✭✭yawhat!

Have A seating tickets, can you just go out to the standing area? Dont want to be sitting down for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

yawhat! wrote: »
    Have A seating tickets, can you just go out to the standing area? Dont want to be sitting down for it.

No because you won't be allowed in as that venue has different entrances for seated and standing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Kicked off the tour in Cardiff last night, LB only playing a 12 song set :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

fuuuuck sake

whats that, just under an hour? if only they could kick the stupid goblin band off the bill and let the two decent bands play longer.

D.Q wrote: »
    fuuuuck sake

whats that, just under an hour? if only they could kick the stupid goblin band off the bill and let the two decent bands play longer.

Yea bit short tbh . Suppose thats what happens when you have 4 bands on a bill . Why not open the doors a bit earlier

Ah well, nothing that can be done about it now I suppose.

True , im happy ive seen them before so i think ive heard every song i want too

• Advertisement

Where did you find the review? Did it have the run order? Wouldnt mind seeing Crossfaith, but have no interest in the other 2 bands.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,545 ✭✭✭Duff

What time do you guys reckon Limp Bizkit will be on stage at?

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭damianmcr

Whilst I would like a bigger setlist im not going to complain. Its the Kerrang Tour and not their own. Tickets were cheap enough considering what others have cost. Its my first time seeing them and I cant flipping wait.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 585 ✭✭✭WildRosie

Duff wrote: »
    What time do you guys reckon Limp Bizkit will be on stage at?
    They're due on at 9.50pm til 11pm.

http://www.olympia.ie/whats-on/kerrang-tour-2014-feat-limp-bizkit/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Nekrogoblicon are a really good live band. Kerrang always support smaller bands on the tour..
    Like.its not a LB tour, its the Ktour, theyre just headlining.. normally the jeadliner just gets 15 mins more on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 970 ✭✭✭yawhat!

Unreal concert! No my way but what a concert!

Wow, early contendor for gig of the year

scudzilla wrote: »
    Wow, early contendor for gig of the year

Yea agreed , Even after seeing KSE a few weeks ago i thought that gig would not be topped but LB just did it

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 585 ✭✭✭WildRosie

Interesting, I thought it was mediocre at best. Having said that, Fred Durst really gets on my nerves even though I love LB and I seemed to be stuck in a corner with a dodgy crowd that just wanted to fight. Bit disappointed cos I've wanted to see them for a looong time. Went to the after party in the Twisted Pepper with Dj Lethal and it was brilliant. Great ending to a so so gig (IMO). My ears are ringing, he signed my ticket, and me, and the person I was with got a signed t shirt :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

I hope to go and see them on Saturday in Newcastle (if I can get everything sorted in time). The only thing I don't understand is why they'd cover songs at this stage in their career, let alone two Nirvana numbers...obviously George Michael cover makes sense but it just seems slightly odd to me to see them cover material they've not released on a studio album

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

I thought they were fantastic. First band I ever got into back when wrestling ruled this 11 year olds Saturday mornings. Finally got to see them. Came late and was sorted out with pit passes by the lovely guy on the door!

My only complaints are: Wes pissed about a lot in between songs. With the time he spent doing that they could have fit in a couple more songs like My Way or Nookie.

My other complaint is in relation to the terrible public transport in Dublin midweek. We had to leave early to make the last bus on our respective routes. Leaving just as Take A Look Around was starting and full on sprinting to lower abbey, luckily catching the last 33 just about, really put a damper on the evening! It's a constant issue with midweek gigs especially with my route, one that needs to be addressed

But that's another story for another thread. Bizkit were fantastic and I would definitely see them again

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

And I'm in absolute pain this morning :D:D

That was mental!! I haven't seen the Olympia that insane for a good while now :D

I've seen them four times over the last four years and I think that may have been the best - what a gig! :D

And in answer to Fred; I wasn't drinking :p

Edit: I really enjoyed Nekrogoblikon too, especially their song about the giraffe :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Easily (and surprisingly) one of the top 5 gigs I've ever been to. Thought it would go downhill after the shoe's got throw at Durst but they fu*king got better after that! Unreal..

I thought they were fantastic. First band I ever got into back when wrestling ruled this 11 year olds Saturday mornings.
    ]

Ha im in the same boat , Wrestling got me into them .

Thought Crossfaith were ok , found their songs very samey and the fact they kept mentioning he hopes to see us all at Download Festival.......Wrong country ha

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Thought Crossfaith were ok , found their songs very samey and the fact they kept mentioning he hopes to see us all at Download Festival.......Wrong country ha

Thought that too and giggled, then wondered if Kerrang were pushing them to mention Download to the younger crowd who were into them, as I can only assume ticket sales ain't as popular as previous years.

The super cynic in me :o;)

Zwillinge wrote: »
    Thought that too and giggled, then wondered if Kerrang were pushing them to mention Download to the younger crowd who were into them, as I can only assume ticket sales ain't as popular as previous years.

The super cynic in me :o;)

Although i didnt see many Young Average K Tour people at it , Seemed more people in their 20's and up

Hurting in places I didn't know were places. Great gig. Would have loved nookie and my way but still a great set. Went to the meet and greet after. Good craic, Wes was saying he was sick or something.

Hurting in places I didn't know were places. Great gig. Would have loved nookie and my way but still a great set. Went to the meet and greet after. Good craic, Wes was saying he was sick or something.

That the one they were charging 50Euro for?

• Advertisement

That's the one. Hugely regret that now haha alcohol and money don't go well together.

Advertisement