Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerrang Tour! 2014

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Zwillinge wrote: »
    Thought that too and giggled, then wondered if Kerrang were pushing them to mention Download to the younger crowd who were into them, as I can only assume ticket sales ain't as popular as previous years.

The super cynic in me :o;)

I would agree the download line-up this year is shocking, I imagine they are pushing it everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Pingi

Loved the gig, was my 5th time seeing them and first time sitting down. Really didnt mind it, the Olympia is deadly venue.

Went to the DJ lethal after party was good but left earlyish, knackered from working all day and felt a bit uneasy about the lack of security after that vicious attack/flight happened around 1am.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

If anyone took a picture of the merchandise stand would they mind posting it here or posting a link - want to check selection ahead of Saturday and see what kind of prices (roughly) and material is available. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Finally got a bit of time.

Great night last night, missed the first band, thought necrogoblikon were very average, without the goblin dude they would have been poor.

First time seeing Crossfaith, seen a bit of them on youtube but not much, really enjoyed them but thought they were a bit too loud which made them very distorted, sacrifice some volume for clarity and they would have been great.

LB were on another level, we were on the barrier, right where Fred was, he climbed up right in front of me, i know the score in situations like this (hence why any artist who does this always try and go near a hulk of a guy who can block the crowd and help out), i steadied his left leg for the whole of the song, when he jumped down, he turned to me and said thanks so much and shook my hand, that was fcukin cool.

LB looked like they really enjoyed it, seen a guy selling Meet and Greet's, he told me was 50euro each with as much free booze as ya want, pointless if yer driving like i was

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭damianmcr

Flip I had known about the meet and greet I would have went.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭useded

Pingi wrote: »
    Loved the gig, was my 5th time seeing them and first time sitting down. Really didnt mind it, the Olympia is deadly venue.

Went to the DJ lethal after party was good but left earlyish, knackered from working all day and felt a bit uneasy about the lack of security after that vicious attack/flight happened around 1am.

What happened in relation to the fight? Was it in the TP?

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Pingi

useded wrote: »
    What happened in relation to the fight? Was it in the TP?

Yeah in the room with the DJ, didn't see how it started but saw one guy jump on the other, knocked him to the ground and in process knocked into loads of people, drinks/ glasses went everywhere. Glass and blood on the ground, saw one of the guys faces later and it was a mess.

A few nobheads in the crowd last night, i know it's a gig, i know people push around but simple manners aint fcukin much to ask

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

scudzilla wrote: »

LB looked like they really enjoyed it, seen a guy selling Meet and Greet's, he told me was 50euro each with as much free booze as ya want, pointless if yer driving like i was

Haha, they came down with 9/10 half pints of ****ty beer between 30/40 people.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

D.Q wrote: »

Oh really so it wasn't really free drink all night?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

D.Q wrote: »

Just curious where was the meet and greet sold from? Ticket master? Bizkit site? Olympia site?

Just curious for future reference!

Just curious where was the meet and greet sold from? Ticket master? Bizkit site? Olympia site?

Just curious for future reference!

When ya walked in to the standing area this guy had an a4 laminated sheet saying Limp Bizkit Meet and Greet info, ya just had to ask him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

When ya walked in to the standing area this guy had an a4 laminated sheet saying Limp Bizkit Meet and Greet info, ya just had to ask him
    Ah damn he was the guy I got the pit passes off! ( I showed up just before Bizkit and he sorted me out)

One more thing, thanks to the guy who found my daughters shoe in the pit, when she told me she'd lost it i thought it may have been the one lobbed at Fred, she sure takes after her old man, loving a good pit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 970 ✭✭✭yawhat!

Fred sculled me with a water bottle

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭desertcircus

Really surprised people liked Limp Bizkit's set - it was one of the worst performances I've ever seen from a headline act. Too many covers, too many extended instrumental interludes, too much aimless chat from Durst, and no Counterfeit, Nookie, Re-Arranged or Boiler. Absolutely loved Crossfaith - I'd never heard them before, but they were ferocious.

Going to see them tonight, should be a good laugh, saw a report here and the setlist from Liverpool so it looks as though they'll be playing the same material - in the same order - which (to be honest) I don't mind because it includes some of my favorites.

Still hoping to get a Wes Borland, Sam Rivers or (and I know they exist so don't bother pointing the contradiction out) John Otto plectrum...just have to wait and see what happens

Never really cared too much about them when I was younger, they were just sort of always there...got into their music through wrestling and Kerrang TV really (staying up past 10pm to request the uncensored video) and without that I may never have known most of their iconic hits....missed them at Sonisphere some years back because I decided to go and see Alestorm instead. I don't regret that decision in the slightest because I think seeing a band like this in a smaller venue is better anyway.

What was the score with DJ Lethal? Why wasn't he playing with LB? He was in the same city as them every night doing a DJ set in a club but didn't play on the tour, very odd

What was the score with DJ Lethal? Why wasn't he playing with LB? He was in the same city as them every night doing a DJ set in a club but didn't play on the tour, very odd

He is no longer in the band . Dont think they are on good terms

He is no longer in the band . Dont think they are on good terms

So why has he been following them around UK/Ireland, playing the same cities the same night, that's a bit stalkery aint it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭bennyl10

So why has he been following them around UK/Ireland, playing the same cities the same night, that's a bit stalkery aint it

He left in 2012..
    Looks very stalkery alright..

Crossfaith pulled out of the Newcastle date due to illness. Limp Bizkit played a longer set at Newcastle as a result.

This also included a cover of Guns N' Roses 'Welcome To The Jungle'

The only slight problem I had was with the M&G...they wanted £40 for it and didn't offer anything...some bands offer a chance to hear their latest material, others offer a signed photo, some offer guitar plectrums and a laminate...in this case it seemed the £40 was literally for the chance to have a 10 minute chat with the band and get a photo - if you had a camera - since the venue itself became a nightclub about 60 minutes after the gig ended...I didn't pay for the M&G and didn't do it, but felt sorry for those that did and still think they should have given you SOMETHING to take away with it for that price.

Crossfaith pulled out of the Newcastle date due to illness. Limp Bizkit played a longer set at Newcastle as a result.

Wish they would have pulled out from the dublin date :P

Wish they would have pulled out from the dublin date :P

I thought they were pretty good

As for the meet and greet, load of bollox that was, he tried sellin it to us, 50Euro a pop, promised us as much free booze as we wanted, glad i didn't get it (was driving anyway) as someone here said it was just 1 tray of drinks between everyone

Advertisement