Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Confused about fees?? (first year)

Options
  • 20-08-2013 10:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭

I accepted my offer yesterday, and I heard fees can be paid starting Thursday but I have no idea what or how much??
    I'm getting a student loan but the bank says they need an invoice with the fees.
    What are the fees that need to be paid? How much approx?
    I'm an EU national so I'm eligible for the free tuition

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Im confused too! Ive no idea how much I have to pay in fees. I applied for a grant and the status on that is 'Current Status: Provisionally Awarded pending receipt and review of course acceptance details from the CAO.' Im doing LM080 and I am an Irish citizen if that make a difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Hybrid_Theory

You will get a bank transfer form a letter very soon from the college before we go back.

Mine has Litterly JUST come through the letterbox now :D

Mine has Litterly JUST come through the letterbox now :D

I got something in the post this morning, it had the orientation guidebook?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Luize

It says in the orientaion guidebook that you need to bring evidence of payment of fees on orientation day.
    What kind of evidence?? Like if I pay online how can I get evidence??
    Sooooo confused

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Luize wrote: »
    I accepted my offer yesterday, and I heard fees can be paid starting Thursday but I have no idea what or how much??
    I'm getting a student loan but the bank says they need an invoice with the fees.
    What are the fees that need to be paid? How much approx?
    I'm an EU national so I'm eligible for the free tuition

I am pretty sure you will only have to pay the registration fee which is €2500*.
    Im confused too! Ive no idea how much I have to pay in fees. I applied for a grant and the status on that is 'Current Status: Provisionally Awarded pending receipt and review of course acceptance details from the CAO.' Im doing LM080 and I am an Irish citizen if that make a difference?

Your situation depends on the grant you're getting. If you're getting Maintenance+Fees, you don't have to pay anything AFAIR, as the grant will cover your registration fee. You take proof of your grant to the Fees Office and they'll sort you out.

If you're only getting Maintenance, you'll have to pay the registration fee yourself which is €2500*.

*Can anyone confirm this figure? I could've sworn it was meant to be €2750 this year, but the Fees Schedule says €2500...

wnolan1992 wrote: »

*Can anyone confirm this figure? I could've sworn it was meant to be €2750 this year, but the Fees Schedule says €2500...

I have established that it's definitely 2500€! Next year it will be 2750€.
    Do you have any idea if I could get an invoice with the fees from UL as I'm applying for a student loan and they're asking to see one.
    Also, what is evidence of payment of fees?

I have established that it's definitely 2500€! Next year it will be 2750€.
    Do you have any idea if I could get an invoice with the fees from UL as I'm applying for a student loan and they're asking to see one.
    Also, what is evidence of payment of fees?

Have you received your orientation pack yet? You should get a Bank GIRO form in there that you use to pay your fees.

Now, I didn't use that because I got a grant, but what I *think* would happen is you take that form to your bank and they should sort you out. (I haven't got a GIRO in three years, but I'm almost certain the fees you've to pay are written on it so it acts as an invoice)

Have you received your orientation pack yet? You should get a Bank GIRO form in there that you use to pay your fees.

Now, I didn't use that because I got a grant, but what I *think* would happen is you take that form to your bank and they should sort you out. (I haven't got a GIRO in three years, but I'm almost certain the fees you've to pay are written on it so it acts as an invoice)

Yup I received it today. There's no bank giro though.
    All there is is just a page in the Orientation Guidebook with a few figures on it.
    Do you know if you could pay by cheque directly to the University on Orientation Day?

I am pretty sure you will only have to pay the registration fee which is €2500*.

Your situation depends on the grant you're getting. If you're getting Maintenance+Fees, you don't have to pay anything AFAIR, as the grant will cover your registration fee. You take proof of your grant to the Fees Office and they'll sort you out.

If you're only getting Maintenance, you'll have to pay the registration fee yourself which is €2500*.

I've no idea what grant im getting?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭phish

Yup I received it today. There's no bank giro though.
    All there is is just a page in the Orientation Guidebook with a few figures on it.
    Do you know if you could pay by cheque directly to the University on Orientation Day?

If you do this you'll have to go to the fees office. I would advise doing this the day before your orientation to avoid having to do it on the day. It just makes it easier for all involved in orientation if you have everything you need with you and fees paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭ynwa14

I'm confused too. I got my Orientation pack and was told everything about enrolment procedures and the like, and that I had to pay my fees before that. The guide said my fees are covered by the HEA. I applied for a Susi grant but it still says that my application is awaiting final assessment. I thought I'd received a text from them at one point saying my application had reached the provisionally awarded stage, but there's no record of anything like that on my Susi account.

I logged into the student portal thing and it told me there'd be two boxed, one with Enrolment and one with Fees. There are no boxes like that when I logged in with my student number and pin. Simply says "Student Advisor Information" and "Intray". But both are empty. I also saw that you have to pay your fees before you enrol though, how do I claim them? And how do I provide proof/proof that I have a grant for my reg fees when my application hasn't been "assessed" yet? I applied for my grant the minute Susi facilities for this year opened. I've actually worked myself up into a state over this omg like I'm so confused and panicking :(

...... Edit: Right then my mothers a dumb and told me enrolment opens today when in fact its not Thursday, it's Wednesday. I punch walls. Hard. That explains that bit. Still confused over fees though.

ynwa14 wrote: »
    I'm confused too. I got my Orientation pack and was told everything about enrolment procedures and the like, and that I had to pay my fees before that. The guide said my fees are covered by the HEA. I applied for a Susi grant but it still says that my application is awaiting final assessment. I thought I'd received a text from them at one point saying my application had reached the provisionally awarded stage, but there's no record of anything like that on my Susi account.

I logged into the student portal thing and it told me there'd be two boxed, one with Enrolment and one with Fees. There are no boxes like that when I logged in with my student number and pin. Simply says "Student Advisor Information" and "Intray". But both are empty. I also saw that you have to pay your fees before you enrol though, how do I claim them? And how do I provide proof/proof that I have a grant for my reg fees when my application hasn't been "assessed" yet? I applied for my grant the minute Susi facilities for this year opened. I've actually worked myself up into a state over this omg like I'm so confused and panicking :(

...... Edit: Right then my mothers a dumb and told me enrolment opens today when in fact its not Thursday, it's Wednesday. I punch walls. Hard. That explains that bit. Still confused over fees though.

Yeah payment of fees only starts tomorrow.
    I can't really help you with the grant thing though as I'm getting a student loan which is really messy and complicated too ahhh :(
    But I would advise you to call the student fees office and ask them. The number is in the orientation guidebook! Good luck :)

I got the grant before and when I was going for orintation I just paid the student contribution by bank giro and told them I was getting the grant. AFAIK I then had to go to the fees office once I got my acceptance letter! Hope that helps! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭iLaura

I got the grant before and when I was going for orintation I just paid the student contribution by bank giro and told them I was getting the grant. AFAIK I then had to go to the fees office once I got my acceptance letter! Hope that helps! :)

I was the same. On orientation day I brought proof that I would be receiving the grant (just the letter they sent me), and then later in the year the college emails everyone saying those who were awarded a grant need to bring proof to the Fee's Office.

Also, just for all of you who are heading for orientation in two weeks, make sure you bring your passport! If you don't they'll text you incessantly -.-

• Registered Users Posts: 7 lilmissbob

Is there still a student contribution? I thought the vote last year got rid of that. So the only thing that would need to be paid is the registration fees. Anyone who will be receiving a grant, don't worry about it, just bring everything else you're supposed to on the day, including anything you might have received from SUSI.

Im confused what to do here, Im an irish citizen if that matters

47e3979752fec98f0050e56e5b6d485d.png

Im confused what to do here, Im an irish citizen if that matters

47e3979752fec98f0050e56e5b6d485d.png

Basically, if you're an Irish citizen and you're starting you're first ever undergraduate course then you're eligible for free fees so all you have to pay is the student contribution fee of 2500.
    If you're getting a grant then that will probably cover it.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭ynwa14

So should I just bring any letters I've got from Susi to the fees office during orientation? Or does everything have to be paid before I register? Because it says we have to pay our fees before we register or else we're in deep sh*t but I know we only have to pay the 2500, is that what they mean has to be paid? Or is it just the tuition fees which we don't have to pay?

So confused. Ew :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10 MCH123

Does anyone know if we have to pay the 2,500 all at once? Because in the orientation book it says half for semester one and half for semester 2 but online it says we've to pay 2,500 for semester one? Is that right? I'm just afraid it'll charge me the same again in semester 2..i dont qualify for a grant but i do for the free fees.. :confused:

• Advertisement

MCH123 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if we have to pay the 2,500 all at once? Because in the orientation book it says half for semester one and half for semester 2 but online it says we've to pay 2,500 for semester one? Is that right? I'm just afraid it'll charge me the same again in semester 2..i dont qualify for a grant but i do for the free fees.. :confused:

It definitely won't charge you €2,500 again in Semester 2. Most people pay the €2,500 in September, but I think you can ask the Fees Office to allow you to pay half now and half in January. Think you need to get in touch with them to sort that out though.

It definitely won't charge you €2,500 again in Semester 2. Most people pay the €2,500 in September, but I think you can ask the Fees Office to allow you to pay half now and half in January. Think you need to get in touch with them to sort that out though.

Are you definitely sure you can do this? Cause I'm waiting on a student loan that won't come through for another few weeks and there's no way I could afford the 2500€ all at once.

Are you definitely sure you can do this? Cause I'm waiting on a student loan that won't come through for another few weeks and there's no way I could afford the 2500€ all at once.

Yup you can defo do that, just inform the fees office by email of your situation and they should work out something with you :)

I'm almost certain. You should get in contact with the Fees Office and they'll sort you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Yes you can. I emailed them yesterday about something else and they said I could pay €1250 now and the rest in January if I wanted to.

Advertisement