Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Empty cable reel/spools

Options
  • 20-08-2013 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭

I'm looking for a couple of empty cable reel/spools like the ones they sell copper wire on (like the ones in the attached pictures). Trying to sort out a mess of Christmas tree lights now while I have time to spare rather than in December when its hectic. If anyone knows where I can buy them at a reasonable price could ye let me know please. Or if anyone has a few spare is be happy to give someone a few quid for them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭indie armada

we usually have them lying around the place when the open coils of stuff we sell by the meter is finished.
    the inner diameter of the spool is about 3-4 inches across and the two outer sides are about 12 inches across.
    if they will do the job let me know and ill put a few by

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭doniem

Thanks for replying, that would be great. I'm in Cork myself, what county are you in?

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭indie armada

Im in Dublin, but if you went into any electrical wholesalers, of which are plenty in cork, they will give them to you.
    Most wholesalers will send back the big wooden drums to their providers but will just dump the smaller ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭doniem

Thanks very much, I didn't realise that, I'll get into a couple of them over the weekend. Thanks for you help. I appreciate it.

Advertisement